• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chief smashes on his own, forget the bros.

Imtjnotu

She Hulk Dance GIF

Worse than this shit

ZehDon

Gold Member
Before the torch and pitch forks, I believe this was a cosplayer, not an official Microsoft actor. When Megan asked for dancers from the crowd, the crowd literally chanted "Chief!" and the cosplayer went up.

JimmyF

Today I learned Megan Thee Stallion is an actual person and not a celeb created for a show (she-hulk).

Still that was pretty funny.

93xfan

Banned
MCC was a massive failure, broken for years, and it wasn't until MS forced 343i to fix it for an anniversary did it actually become a half decent product.

MS clearly doesn't give a shit about this franchise anymore.
It’s now far better than a half decent product. MCC is amazing and they keep putting work in. Maybe you can say they don’t care about or understand modern Halo games, but MCC is a truly incredible experience (not to take away from its launch)

93xfan

Banned
who-dat.gif

Not commendable, since Bungie did literally all the legwork creating the original games, all 343 had to do was remaster them, and yet the MCC still got fucked up somehow.
Gearbox did the PC ports of 1 and 2, and it was a mess in so many ways. MS put in a ton of work to fix those broken ports.

They also made the BR aim halo 3 feel more consistent, fixed a bleed through glitch from Halo Reach, added new tools to Forge in Halo 3, etc.

Don’t conflate 343 with MS. MS is NOW going above and beyond for MCC and I appreciate that very much

It’s now far better than a half decent product. MCC is amazing and they keep putting work in. Maybe you can say they don’t care about or understand modern Halo games, but MCC is a truly incredible experience (not to take away from its launch)

Again. They released a broken, buggy game and left it to rot for YEARS before MS finally got off their ass to give one tiny shit and forced them to fix it.

Neither MS or 343i gives a damn about the franchise or understands it these days.

93xfan

Banned
Again. They released a broken, buggy game and left it to rot for YEARS before MS finally got off their ass to give one tiny shit and forced them to fix it.

Neither MS or 343i gives a damn about the franchise or understands it these days.
You keep contradicting yourself when you say MS both “doesn’t care” and also “forced” 343 to fix it.

So they make demands about things they don’t care about?

I’m not sure who you’re arguing with, but they have gone above and beyond and imo made up for the launch failures with MCC. Been having a blast with it since 2018.

Infinite is another story.

Last edited:
You keep contradicting yourself when you say MS both “doesn’t care” and also “forced” 343 to fix it.

So they make demands about things they don’t care about?

I’m not sure who you’re arguing with, but they have gone above and beyond and imo made up for the launch failures with MCC. Been having a blast with it since 2018.

Infinite is another story.

If MS cared, they wouldn't have released Halo 5 in the state it was in. If MS cared, they wouldn't have released MCC in the state it was it. They wouldn't have waited *YEARS* to force the studio to fix the game. They woudln't have released Halo Infinite and instead scrapped the game entirely. They would restructure the entire company of 343.

Nothing I stated is contradictory. Just because MCC is finally playable after nearly a decade, doesn't mean shit. It was still broken for most of its life span and released in the state it did. That is and will always be unacceptable.

93xfan

Banned
If MS cared, they wouldn't have released Halo 5 in the state it was in. If MS cared, they wouldn't have released MCC in the state it was it. They wouldn't have waited *YEARS* to force the studio to fix the game. They woudln't have released Halo Infinite and instead scrapped the game entirely. They would restructure the entire company of 343.

Nothing I stated is contradictory. Just because MCC is finally playable after nearly a decade, doesn't mean shit. It was still broken for most of its life span and released in the state it did. That is and will always be unacceptable.
Is it possible they didn’t care and now do care? Because a shit ton of work has gone into even making Halo 1 legacy graphics look accurate.

Is it possible they didn’t care and now do care? Because a shit ton of work has gone into even making Halo 1 legacy graphics look accurate.

If they *now* care, then they wouldn't have released Infinite in the manner it did and would have put more effort into fixing it and the company that made it.

Just be honest with yourself: They don't fucking care.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
MCC was a massive failure, broken for years, and it wasn't until MS forced 343i to fix it for an anniversary did it actually become a half decent product.

MS clearly doesn't give a shit about this franchise anymore.
Yep, I didn't buy it until they fixed most of the issues, and it was 50% on Steam to boot.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
If they *now* care, then they wouldn't have released Infinite in the manner it did and would have put more effort into fixing it and the company that made it.

Just be honest with yourself: They don't fucking care.
They care about MCC. It’s pretty obvious to anyone that you don’t take a 4 year old game and put years more work into it and overhaul the menu and a bunch of other things if you don’t care.

I’d love to see you list out the many things they did in MCC (because then you’ll see how much has been done) and then tell me they don’t care about that game.

Maybe you’ll find out you enjoy it. I’ve found MCC is the best MP experience out there.

They care about MCC. It’s pretty obvious to anyone that you don’t take a 4 year old game and put years more work into it and overhaul the menu and a bunch of other things if you don’t care.

I’d love to see you list out the many things they did in MCC (because then you’ll see how much has been done) and then tell me they don’t care about that game.

Maybe you’ll find out you enjoy it. I’ve found MCC is the best MP experience out there.
Laugh Lol GIF

MarkMe2525

If they cared, they would have sued this shit. Absolutely disgraceful.
Are you sure this is what indicates their level of commentment? You know this was filmed like 4 days ago. Let's say they do decide to sue (which is a ridiculous suggestion), would you normally expect that process to happen within 4 days?

Are you sure this is what indicates their level of commentment? You know this was filmed like 4 days ago. Let's say they do decide to sue (which is a ridiculous suggestion), would you normally expect that process to happen within 4 days?

I was being facetious. Thought that was obvious enough from the sue comment.

Reality is - this should have been denounced by MS at the very least. Whether it be just a quick twitter post about how it was not sanctioned or whatever PR speak they would have chosen to use.

This is just another misstep in a long line of missteps for the franchise that is being treated poorly by its parent company.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Reality is - this should have been denounced by MS at the very least. Whether it be just a quick twitter post about how it was not sanctioned or whatever PR speak they would have chosen to use.

This is just another misstep in a long line of missteps for the franchise that is being treated poorly by its parent company.

Angry Harrison Ford GIF

Let the chief get his twerk on, ya weirdo.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

I get the feeling this goes deep... I'm out

I am a fan of the franchise since it began. I want it to be treated with more respect. This? This doesn't do that. If anything it treats it like more of a joke than it has already become.

It's a cosplayer having fun, why does it have to degrade the franchise? People listen to this music, people go these concerts and generally it's pretty tame by today's standards.

On the other hand, given the Superbowl basically being stripper shows we could probably all raise our standards a little. I still laughed seeing Chief getting down.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I am a fan of the franchise since it began. I want it to be treated with more respect. This? This doesn't do that. If anything it treats it like more of a joke than it has already become.

Man if that's the case I hope you stay as far away from DeviantArt, every single game and/or franchise you love will be tarnished for you there forever.

Top Bottom