• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chernobylite - Official Release Date Announcement Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Get another look at the upcoming sci-fi survival horror RPG in this terrifying latest trailer showcasing gameplay and more in the world of Chernobylite.

Prepare to solve the mystery that brought you to the Exclusion Zone when Chernobylite launches in July 2021 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

In Chernobylite, explore a 3D-scanned recreation of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, craft equipment, manage supplies, and fight for survival against natural threats and fight against supernatural and savage creatures from an alternate reality.

Hydroxy

Not a good game going by steam reviews. I was interested in this but seems to be a linear stealth type game with no exploration

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Chernobylite is a Sci-Fi Survival Horror RPG set in the hyper-realistic, 3D scanned wasteland of Pripyat’s exclusion zone. Originating from a deeply personal experience, here developers Farm 51 discuss their quest to create a virtual memorialisation of Chernobyl.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The science fiction survival horror RPG shows off gameplay and a look at its brutal, creepy world in this trailer as showcased during Guerrilla Collective 2021. Set in the hyper-realistic, 3D scanned wasteland of Chernobyl's exclusion zone, play as Igor Khymynyuk, a former physicist and ex-employee of Chernobyl, 30 years on from that fateful day, April 26,1986. The day that changed Chernobyl, and his life, forever. Haunted by the loss of your fiancée Tatiana Amalievain, in the chaotic aftermath, you return to Pripyat for the first time to investigate her mysterious disappearance.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The sci-fi survival horror RPG, Chernobylite, gets a new trailer that puts a spotlight on the game's main character, Igor. Check it out to learn more about the character and see Igor's interactions with a mysterious figure.

In Chernobylite, set in the hyper-realistic, 3D-scanned wasteland of Chernobyl's Exclusion Zone, you take on the role of Igor, a physicist and ex-employee of the Chernobyl Power Plant, returning to Pripyat to investigate the mysterious disappearance of his fiancee, 30 years prior.

Chernobylite launches on July 28, 2021, for PC, and will arrive at a later date in summer 2021 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Are you getting paid for posts here or what, because the last 4 are yours lol

I would be rich if I get paid from these channels :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Unfortunately, this game doesn't get much interest in the forum:messenger_neutral:

Last edited:
That voice acting is so bad... but I'm still gonna give it a shot.
The default language was Russian in the PC early access version, if I remember correctly, and it was how I played through the game.

The MC sounded a bit like a tough guy for being a scientist, but overall the original voice acting sounded pretty good(I don't know Russian).

Phase

The default language was Russian in the PC early access version, if I remember correctly, and it was how I played through the game.

The MC sounded a bit like a tough guy for being a scientist, but overall the original voice acting sounded pretty good(I don't know Russian).
Ah I see. I'll play it with Russian audio and Eng subs then.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Chernobylite premiere is here! Let's celebrate the release of Chernobylite 1.0 version together with this epic Chernobylite PC Launch trailer!

Guys, it's been a few years of creating our game. It would not be here today without your help & support. We want to thank you sooooooo much for this! We won't stop working on Chernobylite and there's even more to come!

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Liking it thus far. Very atmospheric 💗

Anyone else playing this on console?

Love the Chernobyl theme

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Is it me or did they use some kind of sharpening filter?

Man... this game is a diamond in the rough

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Chernobylite, a post-apocalyptic survival game set in Chernobyl has finally arrived to consoles. Let's take a closer look on how the game looks on every Xbox console. Sadly, the game has no Xbox Series X / S upgrade yet, however thanks to power contained in current-gen consoles it sure get some adventage over previous generation.
Let's begin!

Timestamps
The workshop 00:00
The woods 01:12
Power Plant 02:08
Control Room 02:55
Ferris Wheel X1X Frame Rate Test 03:35
Ferris Wheel X1S Frame Rate Test 04:34
Ferris Wheel XSS Frame Rate Test 05:38
Ferris Wheel XSX Frame Rate Test 06:42
Reactor Core 07:37
Pripyat Center Xbox One S vs Xbox One X Frame Rate Test 08:29
Pripyat Center Xbox Series S vs Xbox Series X Frame Rate Test 09:48

JayK47

This game looks interesting. It is on sale on Steam at the moment. I am on the fence to pick it up now or wait for more of a sale. The game seems to be enjoyed by those who play it. Is it anything like STALKER?

Very nice STALKER-lite with interesting team based dialog. Reminds me off Mass Effect in that way. It's got just the right amount of Euro Jank and has some nice base building elements. It's hub based and between missions you fix up your base, add crafting things, add comfort items to keep your team members happy and level up. Missions are pretty basic. You send your buddies on missions and measure the risk reward of where you're sending them vs what they might bring back. Combat reminds me of a less refined Metro Exodus, but headshots are very satisfying.

Very playable from the couch with a controller, and only a small handful of UI elements I'd like to see refined. Well worth the sale price if it's something you think you'd be in to. There are some nice, atmospheric tense moments poking around abandoned buildings looking for stuff to scavenge. Graphics are amazing in certain lighting.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Monster Hunt adds three new monster types to the deadly array of challenges waiting for you in the Zone, the toughest you’ll encounter yet. Each comes with its own unique abilities, so you’ll need to be prepared if you want to survive.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Chernobylite arrives on Xbox Series X|S on April 21st, following a good six months on Xbox One. Here are some details on how the game's Chernobyl exclusion zone will look on next-gen platforms.

First up, there'll be two modes on Xbox Series X and PS5. A dynamic 4k, 30fps mode will feature ray tracing, while a 1080p 60fps mode will aim to offer smoother performance. Specific details on Xbox Series S haven't been revealed just yet.

chernobylite-roadmap.large.jpg

JayK47

Started this today. Not at all what I expected. To be honest, I am not enjoying it so far. Combat is pretty sluggish and bad. I killed some soldiers, then saved one right 2 seconds later. He did not seem to mind that I just killed his mates. That doesn't make much sense. The story is a bit over the top and has teleportation portals in it. Really? Who thinks this stuff up? The base building is very tedious and hard to navigate the menu. The exploration is ok and the world is very detailed. I will keep playing for a little longer, but if it doesn't pick up I have better things to do than push through a game that is not fun.

JayK47

Pretty sure you will want to play this with mouse and keyboard. Controller is pretty bad and takes too long to switch between weapons and gear.

I wrapped this up and in the end I had fun with it. Combat is almost frowned upon and it seems you are better off sneaking and avoiding. You are penalized almost every time you need to kill something as well as blowing through ammo, which takes resources to make more. You would likely go through it quicker than you could find more. This game is all about choices and if you make some bad ones it gives you an opportunity to go back in time to change your decision. You have to find teammates and then need to balance decisions to keep them all happy, or at least happy enough. It can get boring going back to areas over and over for missions. Most of the maps you revisit several times. They make some changes to the maps to give you impression time has passed at least.

Top Bottom