• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Check Emails for PS5 Invites

DeaDPo0L84

Currently people are receiving emails with a unique link tied to their psn ID giving them a chance to purchase a PS5 console starting Thursday 6/17 through Playstation Direct.

I myself did not get one so I will continue to cry but I'd hate for someone who is desperately trying to get a PS5 to possibly miss a for sure opportunity by not checking their email.

Hopefully this helps at least one person *continues to look at Ratchet & Clank screens from afar*

Merkades

Thank you for the heads up. And just like last time, gmail threw my link in the promotions/trash folder and here this one sits as well. Maybe now I can finally get one and then just a GPU left.

DeaDPo0L84

Thank you for the heads up. And just like last time, gmail threw my link in the promotions/trash folder and here this one sits as well. Maybe now I can finally get one and then just a GPU left.
Happy to see it helped someone, so you got two? I got... zero 😭

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What do the emails look like so we can keep on a lookout? The subject line, etc?

JSoup

Banned
If I get one, I'll give it a try. But I expect this will be like last time, couple hundred systems and a few thousand invites.

Dr Bass

What if you already have one? Could you still get an invite? I wouldn’t mind helping someone who doesn’t have one yet get it. Of course by that same token not buying one sorta achieves the same thing.

Last edited:
But when you say you can purchase...purchase from where, their own website? That would still suck depending on where you live due to customs and tax. I highly doubt they are sending localized Amazon listings.

DeaDPo0L84

What if you already have one? Could you still get an invite? I wouldn’t mind helping someone who doesn’t have one yet get it. Of course by that same token not buying one sorta achieves the same thing.
I believe you can still get one, I don't think they have any real way to be 100% sure they don't duplicate invites, but honestly I'm not sure.

DeaDPo0L84

But when you say you can purchase...purchase from where, their own website? That would still suck depending on where you live due to customs and tax. I highly doubt they are sending localized Amazon listings.
From what I understand you get a personalized link attached to your PSN id that brings you I assume to the U.S Playstation Direct store. I have no clue how that may work with international customers.

Merkades

DeepEnigma DeepEnigma - The message lists PlayStation as sender and says "Confirmed! Your exclusive invitation to order a PS5 console - Lightning speed - Stunning games - Breathtaking immersion" as the subject.

I don't know if they are staggering things, but it only gives me a 4 hour window on June 17. 1200PT to 400PT. and has a customized link that may go dead if you click it early, or so it says.

DeaDPo0L84 DeaDPo0L84 - I originally got an invite for the launch of the PS5, but since gmail threw it in my promotions/trash folder I was unaware of it until a week or so after it expired when I thought it would be amusing to check there, and it was, though also greatly annoying considering scarcity.

DeepEnigma DeepEnigma - The message lists PlayStation as sender and says "Confirmed! Your exclusive invitation to order a PS5 console - Lightning speed - Stunning games - Breathtaking immersion" as the subject.

I don't know if they are staggering things, but it only gives me a 4 hour window on June 17. 1200PT to 400PT. and has a customized link that may go dead if you click it early, or so it says.

DeaDPo0L84 DeaDPo0L84 - I originally got an invite for the launch of the PS5, but since gmail threw it in my promotions/trash folder I was unaware of it until a week or so after it expired when I thought it would be amusing to check there, and it was, though also greatly annoying considering scarcity.

I've been a Plus member since the beginning, and I never get any email promotions from Sony besides my purchase receipts for the free Plus games and such. I have the marketing box checked, and still nothing. I'm jealous that you had gotten multiple invites from them.

Quantum253

Checked my email and no luck. I'm wondering if this is tied to users that put their PSN/email back in October/November to get the chance to purchase from PlayStation?

Merkades

Investor9872 Investor9872 - Actually I am kind of surprised that I did as well. I have been a plus member since just about the beginning (I went with it along with a super slim PS3 when it launched, because my fat PS3 died taking my saves games with it), that and I never play online games, have zero friends on my friend list and rarely buy digital along with no social media... Though my PS1-4 collection is fairly large, but they don't know most of that.

I did register for a chance to buy one like the above poster suggested, so maybe that could be it?

Bumping for visibility as well.

Unfortunately this is totally unrelated to me, but I'm hoping one of you is able to get it.

Good luck, and god speed.

Please do share a photo of your PS5 here so we can all celebrate when you do!

DeaDPo0L84

I asked all my friends who already have a PS5 if they had gotten a email and no luck. I hit the point where I am looking on places like offer up and facebook marketplace but I am damn sure not paying a $200-$400 markup on a digital version.

Wohc

Banned
I would rather play on slot machines than trying that waste of time again. Waiting to enter the site to get a sold out was very depressing.

levyjl1988

Banned
People who really wanted a PS5, chances are already have them. In Canada there are drops like at least once a week with plentiful of stock especially if you follow certain twitter groups and have notifications on,

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
People who really wanted a PS5, chances are already have them. In Canada there are drops like at least once a week with plentiful of stock especially if you follow certain twitter groups and have notifications on,
Plus there are Discord groups with links that go live the second drops happen.

I have even seen PS5s in the wild at a Gamestop in Indiana

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I would rather play on slot machines than trying that waste of time again. Waiting to enter the site to get a sold out was very depressing.
They got me good, too. I got in right when it went live and the timer countdown started at around 15-20min. It got down to 6min and I was like, “here we go, baby!” Then it started counting back up until it got to an hour. I waited it out and by the time I got in everything was sold out. I would have liked a PS5 DE, but honestly I don’t think I’d have gotten much use out of it being primary PC and secondary Xbox player, so it would have been solely for PS5 exclusives like Returnal, HFW(does this count?), and R&C.

kyussman

I recieved my third one of these today and I still haven't bought a PS5.Sony really want me to upgrade,lol.....but I'm on a break from gaming and seriously considering if I will return to it at all.There is just nothing at the moment that excites me and also nothing much on the horizon either.....shame really.I'm still interested in gaming as a thing......it's just that this gen has been a huge let down for me so far,I was expecting so much more from the new tech back when it was announced.....all those teraflops and super fast SSD's......was hoping Starfield would be the catalyst to ignite my next gen flame......that didn't happen,lol.

So that's why they are on store shelves everywhere....

Top Bottom