• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheating Has Destroyed Call of Duty MP on Consoles (and Activision Cannot Fix)

ManaByte

Where are your stats claiming it happens way more on ps4?

There are more players on PS4. Go into a Cold War MP match on either PS5/PS4 on the Satellite map. Turn off crossplay if you want. You'll see a whole bunch of kids out in the dunes rapidly sniping people with zero recoil. They're all using it.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Siege itself is overun with M+KB users on consoles. They can't detect it via hardware, but there are at least 2 very easy methods that could be used to detect them on a software basis. It would be super easy to implement, but companies seemingly don't want to.
Sony sold the Hori Tac Pro on their own site in the past. Do you really think they want to detect and ban M+KB?

Fbh

Definitely one of the reasons I care increasingly less about multiplayer.
In a way though, the only thing that is going to fix this is if it continues to grow until it turns into a big enough problem that console makers can't ignore it anymore.

What percentage of players go for this sort of hardware? Can’t imagine it’s even a tiny fraction of software cheaters. And it’s only gun control, far from wall hacks and aimbots.

It's not like everyone, or even a majority, is cheating, but considering you can even buy some of these at Wallmart it's also not some super niche market.
Besides, it only takes one person on the other team cheating to instantly make the game less fun.

TheShocker

Cronus on console and hacking on PC have destroyed Warzone. From a gameplay element, Warzone is my favorite BR. But I’ve all but walked away from the game. Supposedly an anti cheat is launching with Vanguard. But they’re advertising it as a gameplay element, so fuck activision.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Where are your stats claiming it happens way more on ps4?

PlayStation is a Beta's console, that's why /s

Not sure if genuine or some subtle console war thing.. Like jeez, does it matter much if when push comes to shove this shit happens, let's say 30% less on the Xbox platform? FFS.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont play COD much anymore, but it sucks if big cheating is happening again.

It was the worst during those old 360 games where COD4 nd WAW had god mode cheaters. It was so bad it even fucked up all the Leaderboard stats and Activision never fixed them. But then MS/Activision must had cracked down on it because I played the other 360 COD games later a ton and there werent any I saw. No more god mode, no floating, no immediate killstreaks and shit like that.

Equity in real life. Equity in video games.

That's not a cheat, that's an uplift, upskilling device for marginalised gamers.

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020

Last edited:
Just watched OP's video.

There's no way I'm playing against console players now in BF2042. The good thing is that Battlefield is popular on PC so I don't have to worry about matchmaking taking forever to throw me into a game.

Any control device that needs computer assistance in a video game is trash and was never meant for that genre anyway. So glad Halo finally came to PC.

Last edited:
I think Sony has a deal to bring a pretty cool shooter in the next year or two...

BF2024 is gonna be the game this winter along with SplitGate. Apex is still good and Destiny update is early next year..... no shortage of shooters.
Apex losing tap strafe so controller players are going to dominate. The aim assist is too strong in apex.

Kupfer

That's why I don't play competitive mp games no more.
Softwarecheats on PC, hardwarecheats on console.
No fun or motivation to git gud at all.

Last edited:
Apex losing tap strafe so controller players are going to dominate. The aim assist is too strong in apex.

This is true unless you have a PC player who developed their god like shooter skills in the mid to late 00's and continue to maintain it and play shooters till this day.

Last edited:
This is true unless you have a PC player who developed their god like shooter skills in the mid to late 00's and continue to maintain it and play shooters till this day.
Naa, the issue is the console aim assist is too strong. It's much stronger than PC controller aim assist and PC can't turn off cross play. The ps and Xbox players that are good are destroying everyone regardless of skill cause the AA is just too strong.

StormCell

The only thing I have really ever fished for. There is a lot of waiting.

I enjoy catching more than fishing.

It requires a lot of practice. From experience fishing some of the most heavily pressured waters, you've got to locate them and then you've got to have conditions in your favor. Myself, I prefer fishing up shallow and in places most can't reach. I also prefer topwater just because it's really exciting.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
There are more players on PS4. Go into a Cold War MP match on either PS5/PS4 on the Satellite map. Turn off crossplay if you want. You'll see a whole bunch of kids out in the dunes rapidly sniping people with zero recoil. They're all using it.
The number of people would be a good explanation but we are yet to have any numbers about it.

Not sure if genuine or some subtle console war thing.. Like jeez, does it matter much if when push comes to shove this shit happens, let's say 30% less on the Xbox platform? FFS.
Op mention playstation multiple times without any numbers and I am the one that is console warring?I just wanted to see the numbers because I am interested in the numbers of fuckers that ruin games for others,I am not playing a lot of MP games but one of my friend is addicted to fall guys and there's a lot of cheaters on ps4 on it, don't know about pc though.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I'm an old man, and this will give me the edge I need in the game.
Just switch to turn-based JRPGs. You can sit there picking “attack” from a menu over and over and watch all the pretty numbers + flashy animations. Plus you get to feel like you’re a strategic genius with a bigger brain than all the FPS dudebros.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Imo Probably because there's far more players on PS4 than on Xbox consoles at the moment .
I never understood the appeal of aimbot in general, I can understand (not for mp though) an unlimited health hack or something like that because you can play with both or in solo in hard mode and improve without constantly dying.But aimbot?How do you get better with that shit?

It seems like the only way to tackle this is to implement strict software that only allows certain peripherals to be connected. Even then, cheaters will find a bloody way...

The cheating put me off Warzone completely but its a shame as it will just make its way to any popular MP game.

I wonder if Valorant style anti cheat could combat things like this?

I never understood the appeal of aimbot in general, I can understand (not for mp though) an unlimited health hack or something like that because you can play with both or in solo in hard mode and improve without constantly dying.But aimbot?How do you get better with that shit?
If you use any kind of hack imo on an online MP game then you're not trying to get better your trying to pretend your better than you are it's pathetic and shamefull.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Op mention playstation multiple times without any numbers and I am the one that is console warring?I just wanted to see the numbers because I am interested in the numbers of fuckers that ruin games for others,I am not playing a lot of MP games but one of my friend is addicted to fall guys and there's a lot of cheaters on ps4 on it, don't know about pc though.

That's why I clearly mentioned I wasn't sure of my interpretation of your post.

If it happens on Playstation I'm sure (I guess) it happens on Xbox as well.

But hey I could be wrong 😊

Three

I really don't understand why this has singled out Call of Duty and consoles. This can be used on anything. Any game and even on PC where this device isn't even needed.

I honestly can't tell when people are cheating but I'm not shocked. People take these games too seriously. Just play the game, git gud and have fun. I don't get people who need to cheat unless you are a streamer who gets paid off it.

Impotaku

Love how versatile it is, hope they extend support to all fps games. We need more devices like this on the market.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
If you use any kind of hack imo on an online MP game then you're not trying to get better your trying to pretend your better than you are it's pathetic and shamefull.
Exactly, I don't condone hack but only in SP mode, my sisters has 3 kids and not much time to play but sometimes she boot up the pc for a quick solo session and she's way happier now that she uses cheat engine, so there's an use of hacks for some (not having to grind for example).But for online fuck those people.
That's why I clearly mentioned I wasn't sure of my interpretation of your post.

If it happens on Playstation I'm sure (I guess) it happens on Xbox as well.

But hey I could be wrong 😊
Yeah one of my friend used to play Diablo 3 on X1 and one day someone gave an item that seemed legit at first but it had gems that made him level up like 50 levels by killing less than 10 ennemies.It also made him attack at a very high rate and with a lot of power, without even understanding it or using it that much he was fully leveled (he could fill each stats except those that are infinite of course).And he no longer had fun with this character.

Neff

It ain't just COD being cheated, shit is everywhere.

Yep. Just got back into Tekken after a long hiatus and it's amazing how many people are using lag switches and macros to get wins compared to a few years back. Streamer culture has made cheating mainstream.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Who are these people that choose to cheat? It's pretty mindboggling when I try to come up with motives and try to put myself I their shoes.. (as a psychology experiment)

Three

It's just wierd that the OP makes these claims out of nowhere and without data or a source. It's not even mentioned in the video at all. Platforms aren't mentioned and it even doesn't talk about ruining CoD specifically since it's compatible with every game. The device is compatible with everything EXCEPT the PS5 (due to prohibited DS4 support) on PS5 games. Where is the OP getting this statistic from?

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
It's just wierd that the OP makes these claims out of nowhere and without data or a source. It's not even mentioned in the video at all. Platforms aren't mentioned and it even doesn't talk about ruining CoD since it's compatible with every game. The device is compatible with everything EXCEPT the PS5 (due to no DS4) on PS5 games. Where is the OP getting this statistic from?

Guess you're quoting the wrong person

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Who are these people that choose to cheat? It's pretty mindboggling when I try to come up with motives and try to put myself I their shoes.. (as a psychology experiment)
Honestly, sad people that define themselves by the games they play, maybe people with an inferiority complex.I mean being the devil's advocate I can understand why some people would cheat in competition where they can earn money.
But online games are for fun...Even for people that are the hyper competitive type,If you cheated have you really won ?
And I know that I was an hyper competitor myself I even dislocated my shoulder trying to beat my geat teacher at lifting weight in high school....Not really smart but I did beat him and was smilling when he put it back in place.
But cheating is not playing, it is letting someone or something else play(once again talking only about online cheating).

ManaByte

It's just wierd that the OP makes these claims out of nowhere and without data or a source. It's not even mentioned in the video at all. Platforms aren't mentioned and it even doesn't talk about ruining CoD specifically since it's compatible with every game. The device is compatible with everything EXCEPT the PS5 (due to prohibited DS4 support) on PS5 games. Where is the OP getting this statistic from?

Maybe because COD is the most played MP game on the console? Do you even fucking play CoD on PlayStation (or any MP games for that matter?). It happens in Siege too, but not as bad (Siege cheating is mostly mouse/keyboard related). It doesn't happen as much in Fortnite because the device doesn't make you build better.

It has nothing to do with Sony but as soon as something bad is happening to the most-played game on the console warriors have to come out to play and defend its honor.
Warriors Bottles GIF

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Maybe because COD is the most played MP game on the console? Do you even fucking play CoD on PlayStation (or any MP games for that matter?). It happens in Siege too, but not as bad (Siege cheating is mostly mouse/keyboard related). It doesn't happen as much in Fortnite because the device doesn't make you build better.

It has nothing to do with Sony but as soon as something bad is happening to the most-played game on the console warriors have to come out to play and defend its honor.
Warriors Bottles GIF
Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

😘

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Thanks OP just ordered on amazon de
they are currently on sale.

this shit is going to be funny.
maybe i can find some good AFK scripts for grinding in games

Three

Warriors Bottles GIF
As a matter of fact COD is my most played game. Look at what my first bought PS5 game was as well. Cold War but it was broken. None of this is relevant though and you're deflecting with bullshit. Do you have any stats for the claims you're making. Yes or no? Simple question.

ManaByte

As a matter of fact COD is my most played game. Look at what my first bought PS5 game was as well. Cold War but it was broken. None of this is relevant though and you're deflecting with bullshit. Do you have any stats for the claims you're making. Yes or no? Simple question.
I explained earlier in the thread how you can find cheaters in Cold War, what map they use it on the most. Not my fault you want to derail the thread into console war bullshit.

Top Bottom