• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheating Has Destroyed Call of Duty MP on Consoles (and Activision Cannot Fix)

Three

I explained earlier in the thread how you can find cheaters in Cold War, what map they use it on the most. Not my fault you want to derail the thread into console war bullshit.
So I'd take that as a no you don't have any actual stats then. I played Cold War before I returned it. You're the one bringing up the console war bullshit.

ManaByte

So I'd take that as a no you don't have any actual stats then. I played Cold War before I returned it. You're the one bringing up the console war bullshit.
So you’re not playing the game now. So you have no frame of reference as to how the game is now. Don’t bother entering a thread about a game you don’t even own.

MiguelItUp

Do you remember the old days when console players talked shit about online gaming on pc because of the cheaters?!

oh-i-member-south-park.gif
Right? Same. I remember being shunned when I was saying that people that were cheating were also on console. It really sucks. The platform doesn't matter, the people do, and they're fucking shitty.

Last edited:
As much as u shit on sbmm
Sbmm fixes this , they can be gods in lower skill lvl lobbies but the more they win and perform better the stronger the sbmm and literal godlike difficult lobbies.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Unfortunately this type of cheating is becoming more and more prevalent. It's rampant in PUBG too unfortunately, and the devs don't do anything about reports. Checking on pubg report and seeing people that just killed me from 200m with a 6x scope on a AKM because they had zero recoil,and they win 80% of the games they play and haven't received bans is disheartening.

Last edited:

Three

So you’re not playing the game now. So you have no frame of reference as to how the game is now. Don’t bother entering a thread about a game you don’t even own.
Dude stfu with the deflections. No I don't play Cold war anymore. As I said I played it didn't feel cheating was ruining it any more than other ecosystems and I got a refund because the game was broken.
This thread isn't about Cold War. You asked if I even play COD. I do. I play every COD. Your OP doesn't mention Cold War once, not once. Your video is showing BOps. This deflection isn't going to work.

I asked you for stats and you deflected with this do you even play COD bullshit. I told you COD is my most played game and you deflect with this "do you play this specific COD" , I told you I played it for a while now it's "do you play this specific COD at this specific time" .

Just stop. I play COD on a playstation and you're making claims that I asked you to show some info about. Now you're deflecting with this do you even play games nonsense because you can't provide anything. Fine.

Last edited:

ManaByte

This thread isn't about Cold War.

Cold War is the current Call of Duty, people are cheating in it (like I said, look at the Satellite map and you'll see people with no recoil sniper rifles spamming kills). That's what this thread is about. Both Cold War and Warzone are broken thanks to cheaters. But you admitted you returned Cold War and have no frame of reference.

Allforce

Hope this shithousery remains exclusively to CoD and doesn’t move over to Halo Infinite of Battlefield 2042.

I haven't played competitive shooters for over a decade because reasons. With Infinite approaching I feel it's a nice way to do so again; huge player base with lots of inexperienced players to fool around with! =)

Yeah don't get your hopes up. Both 2042 and Halo Infinite will have GamePacks up on this list within days of release.

jb72Jxp.jpg

Three

Cold War is the current Call of Duty, people are cheating in it (like I said, look at the Satellite map and you'll see people with no recoil sniper rifles spamming kills). That's what this thread is about. Both Cold War and Warzone are broken thanks to cheaters. But you admitted you returned Cold War and for have no frame of reference.
Why does that mean I have no frame of reference for a thread that doesn't mention Cold War, a game I've played and have a frame of reference to. These devices didn't just take off now. A game I continue to play with friends if that's what they choose to play even though I don't own/play it on PS5 anymore and a franchise that had a beta for Vanguard this weekend which again I played and will buy in two months and you can be referring to in the OP.

You didn't set the reference because you don't mention specific CODs at all in the OP and you didn't provide the proof of the claims you made that more people are using these devices on a particular ecosystem and you still can't.

"I don't know if you've played Call of Duty MP on a console lately (and ESPECIALLY in the PSN ecosystem),"

That's what's in the OP. Yes I recently played Call of Duty MP (Vanguard) and believe it or not on a console. I have played every COD there is and on a console.
Telling me "Don’t bother entering a thread about a game you don’t even own." is the most asinine shit I've read today.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Back in the MW/MW2 days my friends little brother had a turbo pad that used to rapid fire all sniper bullets it was fucking funny.

I don't know if you've played Call of Duty MP on a console lately (and ESPECIALLY in the PSN ecosystem), but no-recoil cheaters have completely destroyed the game. Despite Activision claiming to go after "third party software vendors", that won't ever stop the CoD console cheaters as they aren't using software. No matter how much Activision claims they update their anti-cheat solution, it'll never work because the cheaters (mostly on PS4) are NOT using software but HARDWARE.

Say hello to the next-generation Game Genie:

The ONLY way to detect this is to watch the replay kill cams. The game software cannot detect it as it's external USB hardware. This is why Treyarch added the theater mode so people can record the cheaters, but you actually have to go out of your way to do that as there's no way for the game itself to detect them.

Presumably the only way to fix this would be on a hardware-level fix from Sony and MS where the system won't recognize the device when it's plugged in.

Would be useful if that video showed the effects of the device instead of just explaining what it does.

I think I played a cod late on ps3 or early ps4 and it was cheaters galore. I'm not even on about aim assists.... But literally invisible flying people.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I play coop games like Wolfenstein Youngblood, Dead Space 3 and Gears of War 4 with my friend (we will play Halo series later) but i don't see any point in playing the same PVP over and over again...

Sounds cool and I get you, haven't played online coop in a good while myself expect for the occasional Gran Turismo race. Perhaps when Infinite hits!

It's a disaster - it's now being used in every cunsole shooter. At least on PC cheaters are getting banned, but on consoles they can cheat forever. AI should be able to recognize the patterns that are not possible with gamepads and ban those cheaters , but publishers clearly do not care as nothings being done.

Jeeves

I haven't played CoD in almost a decade, but...I can't tell what's worse, cheaters or devs who don't lift a finger to keep up with them.

some good news

The ps5 new games are forcing dualsense controller use for their games…what this means is that all of these devices that pretend to be a controller won’t work as they have not figured out how to spoof a ps5 dual sense controller as it’s encrypted

the new cod…back for blood and bf2042 are forcing this feature

this means you have 3 choices
  • Play the ps4 instead
  • Play the game via remote play (as it still uses ps4 controllers)
  • Move to Xbox as they don’t restrict the controllers used

BlackTron

lol people just like to have fun by taking someone else's fun away.

As Widowmaker says in OW when scoring a kill, "I almost felt something..."

Tschumi

I haven't played competitive shooters for over a decade because reasons. With Infinite approaching I feel it's a nice way to do so again; huge player base with lots of inexperienced players to fool around with! =)
You remind me how fun split screen was with my buddies ha, no cheating there

FStubbs

It's been bad for as long as I can remember. Warzone and Modern Warfare especially, are both riddled with players either full-blown rage hacking or using Cronus/Strike Pack or whatever else.

It's so fucking boring running into players using these devices, but the trade-off is at least you can actually beat them. Aimbotters you have little to no chance of winning that fight.
I bet they really rage quit when you do. That's actually pretty awesome.

FStubbs

It's a disaster - it's now being used in every cunsole shooter. At least on PC cheaters are getting banned, but on consoles they can cheat forever. AI should be able to recognize the patterns that are not possible with gamepads and ban those cheaters , but publishers clearly do not care as nothings being done.
Help me understand ... isn't there a way the code can be changed somehow so whatever hooks into the code these cheats use wouldn't work and just crash the game on the user's end? I realize the creators of the hacks could adjust, but sooner or later I imagine the average cheater using these hacks would get tired of it and move on to another game.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Help me understand ... isn't there a way the code can be changed somehow so whatever hooks into the code these cheats use wouldn't work and just crash the game on the user's end? I realize the creators of the hacks could adjust, but sooner or later I imagine the average cheater using these hacks would get tired of it and move on to another game.

It's not a software hack. It's hardware.

some good news

The ps5 new games are forcing dualsense controller use for their games…what this means is that all of these devices that pretend to be a controller won’t work as they have not figured out how to spoof a ps5 dual sense controller as it’s encrypted

the new cod…back for blood and bf2042 are forcing this feature

this means you have 3 choices
  • Play the ps4 instead
  • Play the game via remote play (as it still uses ps4 controllers)
  • Move to Xbox as they don’t restrict the controllers used

The problem with CoD is that it's crossgen. So even if you play on a PS5 you're still going to have to deal with cheaters on a PS4. That's what's happening with Cold War and Warzone right now. There's not yet a way to restrict yourself to just PS5 opponents. Vanguard will have the same problem.

Last edited:
As much as u shit on sbmm
Sbmm fixes this , they can be gods in lower skill lvl lobbies but the more they win and perform better the stronger the sbmm and literal godlike difficult lobbies.
But it doesn't. Smurf accounts. Take Apex Legends for example, you just sign up a new email with outlook.com right in the Xbox dashboard account creation and create the same EA account in the same dashboard process. 5 mins and bam you're got a shiny new blank account sidestepping SBMM. I was playing as a randon the other day and two dudes on mic were talking about smurf account, one guy admitted to having 14 of them. 14 smurf accounts.

Honestly I've been through the entire 4 or so decades of gaming evolution and matchmaking, custom servers, toggles, SBMM doesn't fix shit. I/friends I play with regular have all turned the corner and want random matchmaking back with player count rough matching e.g. stacked teams against stacked teams, randos v randos. It's way better. It's random or very strict console SBMM is required to stop smurfs, boosters etc.

bender

What time is it?
How prevalent is this? Considering it is a hardware solution, it seems like you'd be pretty unlikely to run into this issue.

MrFunSocks

Banned
How prevalent is this? Considering it is a hardware solution, it seems like you'd be pretty unlikely to run into this issue.
It's very prevalent. Have a look at these people that I constantly see on PUBG on Xbox, all clearly cheating when you watch their kill cam as they have zero recoil:

Jannockz's Recent Matches | PUBG Lookup
b u n g m o o t's Recent Matches | PUBG Lookup
iV Grave's Recent Matches | PUBG Lookup

Every time I get killed by them I report them on xbox, I've used the official online form on their website to report them, and nothing ever happens. They all play squads, and everyone in their squad always just have laser like aim with high powered scopes on assault rifles. There's at least a dozen of them right there.

Last edited:

Shmunter

If you meet say one a day.
Basically every day youve had a shit experience playing COD.
Remember people remember and hold on to bad things much more than good....so that one match/round ruins the whole day worth of COD in your mind.

Heck alot of streamers will say shit like COD is unplayable because they keep meeting cheaters......they meet one every day.....and stream practically all day.

Percentage wise its low.....but perception wise.

<--- Doesnt play COD anymore.
Probably for the best BF isnt as popular as COD less incentive to make cheats

Definitely one of the reasons I care increasingly less about multiplayer.
In a way though, the only thing that is going to fix this is if it continues to grow until it turns into a big enough problem that console makers can't ignore it anymore.

It's not like everyone, or even a majority, is cheating, but considering you can even buy some of these at Wallmart it's also not some super niche market.
Besides, it only takes one person on the other team cheating to instantly make the game less fun.

I hate cheating more than most. The biggest crap show this gen is allowing mouse and keyboard, and the ultimate fuck over is forcing crossplay with PC. Opting out is just not an option because it’s not the default and the pool of players is diminutive.

This recoil control/auto fire is the smallest of the issues. They still need to turn and out manoeuvre you, not a one man army like what pc can get you with hacks on top.

And yes, absolutely the shine of mp has been scarred for me also.

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
If identifying cheaters could be certain, without any innocent false positives, I'd say send an irreversible bricking code to each console as well as liquidizing their PSN account and all its purchases. But sadly I can't seriously endorse that because I'm skeptical these companies can avoid mistakes in justice. They'd probably use the power to punish modders and homebrewers who aren't even cheating. So there's little to be done.

As much as I hate cheaters, there's a tiny silver lining that I'd actually love for this kind of thing to gradually kill off the profitability of multiplayer and shift resources back to making solid offline games.

Society if it were no longer possible to make a profit with online "season-based" games or Fornite:
EX1eK21UwAAi6As.png

Last edited:
If you use any kind of hack imo on an online MP game then you're not trying to get better your trying to pretend your better than you are it's pathetic and shamefull.
No. They use the cheat because they want to HURT PEOPLE.
Just like those who talk about loving to drink other people's tears, or shout "Triggered", they are only in it to bring suffering to others. That's why they don't play single player games; they want to know they are ruining a real person's day.

Three

Okay then have Sony do something. Issue a cease and desist letter to the company
This is a Universal Serial Bus device compatible with PS/Xbox/PC. They haven't hacked anything to get it to work. They haven't infringed on any copyrights or trademarks or anything like that. They wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on.

spawn

This is a Universal Serial Bus device compatible with PS/Xbox/PC. They haven't hacked anything to get it to work. They haven't infringed on any copyrights or trademarks or anything like that. They wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on.
I'm sure that if it hurt their bottom line their lawyers would dig up something

Three

Amazing a company as large as Activision screwed this up. But with SBMM they are probably placed in tougher lobbies I don't see often.
Activision have screwed up nothing. This has nothing to do with Activision or a specific device or ecosystem. This affects every game and every console/device.

As I said I really don't know why COD and console (even a specific one to nobody's surprise) is singled out.

If the OP had at least anecdotal evidence and uploaded multiple matches/lobbies showing cheaters are prevalent in 'COD MP' or something then that at least would be useful info but nope COD MP on a specific ecosystem is fucked. source: dude trust me and here is an advertisement for the device in question. There are people using this device. They are not more prevalent on any ecosystem more than another. They are not more prevalent in any single fps game more than another unless there is evidence or some specific logical reason why you think there might be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom