• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheapskate GAF. What's your full price purchases for 2021?

If your a cheap cunt like me, you'll know patience pays off. I picked up Dead Rising 2 for £3.99 and Fallen Order for £15 in the PSN sale at the weekend. But sometimes you just have to get a Day One.

For me (for MAX MP potential):

Back 4 Blood
Aliens Fireteam

And single player. Horizon: Forbidden West.

Derift

If your a cheap cunt like me, you'll know patience pays off. I picked up Dead Rising 2 for £3.99 and Fallen Order for £15 in the PSN sale at the weekend. But sometimes you just have to get a Day One.

For me (for MAX MP potential):

Back 4 Blood
Aliens Fireteam

And single player. Horizon: Forbidden West.
looool you waited 10 years to get deadrising 2 that is some serious patience

GIF by Identity

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Returnal is the only one so far.

Next one will be Ratchet & Clank and (most likely) Horizon Forbidden West. I would have purchased Harry Potter, too, if it released in 2021. God of War won't likely release this year either.

No other games warrant a day one purchase for me right now.

Yumi

Hollow Knight: Silk Song

Deathloop (depending on reviews). Loved both dishonored games. The gameplay was great, but i love the setting in Dishonored the most. The setting of death loop looks cool, but I don’t know if it will resonate me the same way.

If they come out...

Breath of the Wild 2

Elden Ring (depending on more information).
I feel From software and the “soulsborne” series started as Action RPG games, that as they have progressed, evolved closer to action games with RPG elements. I like both, but hope that Elden Ring is closer to equal parts those measurements.

Last edited:

Ellery

Really hard to say right now, because not really sure what is actually going to release in the new future.

I bought RE8 for 60€
Might buy ME Legendary edition for PS5 on day. 50/50 chance
Elden Ring is full price
GoW Ragnarok is full price
anything Naughty Dog is day1 full price
New Switch console day1 + Zelda games like Skyward Sword and BOTW
Kena Bridge of Spirits probably (only a 40$ game)
GT7 and Hogwarts are day1

Big factor is also how games review and look when we are approaching release.

In general my focus is AAA(A) on Playstation 5 for big full price games.
Quality of games is a bigger factor than price.

Birdo

Banned
I picked up Wreckfest on PSN. It was only £25, but it wasn't in the sale, thats it's regular price.

That was the closest thing to "full price" I have gotten in years (I usually don't go over £15).

Last edited:
games i've bought this year:

Persona 5 Strikers Deluxe Edition - paid £47. steam wanted £55 just for the standard version.
Cyberpunk 2077 - paid £20. bought at launch for £50 but refunded it.

i'll be paying full price for:

Halo Infinite
Diablo 2 Resurrected
Elden Ring
Hogwarts Legacy
BOTW2

those are must have day 1 games for me. i'll look around and see if i can get a code for cheap but if not i'll happily pay full price for them. any other game i'll be waiting for a sale.

Last edited:

OrionNebula

Bought full price Returnal and RE Village.
But I’ve been waiting almost 10 yrs for a good price on GTAV, which I’ve never played 😆

Bought full price Returnal and RE Village.
But I’ve been waiting almost 10 yrs for a good price on GTAV, which I’ve never played 😆
i take it you're on console cause it was free on PC and you can buy it for like £8 right now.

even if you're playing on console the game has been on sale plenty of times. right now it's £16 on Playstation but usually goes down to about £8 in a sale.

so i'm wondering what you consider "a good price" ? it's likely not gonna get any lower than that so if you want to play it you might as well just buy it now.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Doom Eternal DLC
Record of Lodoss War SOTN knockoff

Havent even played Eternal DLC yet but Lodoss War was worth every penny (only 15 bucks IIRC)

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
games i've bought this year:

Persona 5 Strikers Deluxe Edition - paid £47. steam wanted £55 just for the standard version.
Cyberpunk 2077 - paid £20. bought at launch for £50 but refunded it.

i'll be paying full price for:

Halo Infinite
Diablo 2 Resurrected
Elden Ring
Hogwarts Legacy
BOTW2

those are must have day 1 games for me. i'll look around and see if i can get a code for cheap but if not i'll happily pay full price for them. any other game i'll be waiting for a sale.

OP said 2021

Guilty_AI

Here's the secret to patient gaming. We don't really wait, we just don't care about it until many years later.

[...]

Not exactly full price since game doesn't cost $60-$70, but i'm tempted to buy Atelier Ayesha on steam without waiting for a sale.

Last edited:

NeilH1982

Banned
I already jumped in on the PS5 and XSX, so far this year full price :

Spiderman Miles Morales
Nioh Collection
Returnal

RE Village
ME trilogy

Next up will probably be

Biomutant
Ratchet and Rivet
Ninja Gaiden
Skyward Sword

Yes, I do have more money than sense

Valonquar

Against my better judgement I paid full release price on Returnal. It's been a slow year though, so I needed something different.

Im not LOL. its really the one game that I have no patience for.
i mean of course yeah i really want to play it but BOTW is such a fantastic game and i want them to get it right. it's not a perfect game so i can think of some ways to improve it but i'm also nervous incase it sucks. i'd rather they take their time getting it right. but i suppose it'll be ready when it's ready :D

xrnzaaas

I've bought Hitman 3 at full price - absolutely no regrets, great game.

Right now I only have to two full price purchases planned for 2021 - Lost Judgment (aka Judgment 2) and Diablo 2 Resurrected (console edition). I was planning to pick up ME Legendary Edition, but no Miranda's ass = no pre-order. I'll wait for the first bigger price drop.

Last edited:

Derift

I already jumped in on the PS5 and XSX, so far this year full price :

Spiderman Miles Morales
Nioh Collection
Returnal

RE Village
ME trilogy

Next up will probably be

Biomutant
Ratchet and Rivet
Ninja Gaiden
Skyward Sword

Yes, I do have more money than sense
dont let people shame you for being rich

Last year I bought the Series S and the expansion SSD, as well as Cyberpunk 2077.
This year I bought a Series X, sold the S. Only games I've 'bought' were on Gamepass, Gold and Plus.
I'm thinking about dropping 30 bucks on the Season 2 Designers Cut and Directors Cut of Borderlands 3, but it's really too expensive.

The PS5 I got at the weekend will probably be it till Ratchet & Clank next month. After that the only game I could say for certain would be Battlefield, I don't usually buy more than a few games at full price each year....

I did also get the remasters of Shadow Man and Rome: Total War day one recently but they also had sale offers for the the launch window :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Rickyiez

None of the 2021 games out so far are worthy of full price . Not even RE8 or Nier Replicant despite how much of a fanboy of RE series and Nier Automata myself .

Banjo64

cumsessed
One and only; Monster Hunter Rise.

Full price was £34.85 day one, and it came with a steelbook and keyrings.

No need to ever buy day one really, prices drop really quickly and I have a ginormous backlog.

Matsuchezz

Here in Mexico Rarely games have discounts, so I cant be cheap, but I am going to buy Returnal, 13 Sentinels, Little Nightmares 2 and Re8 as soons as I have some time to spare, I need to finish some stuff at home first.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Costco (cdn)

- Series X (with second controller) $670
- $50 Xbox card that costs $45 there
- Annual Gold card that costs $60 there

That's it. Rest is GP games, playing BC games at 60 fps boost, and playing COD on home sharing my buddy bought last year

Rickyiez

I got RE8 for 36eu. Ez.
That is a fair price for RE8 , I would too . However it’s $55 here in my country /sob

In the bigger picture that is a small difference but I refuse to pay that much for a game , also I don’t really mind to wait for a discount . How I wish we could still buy RE8 as cheap as I paid for RE2 , $25 during launch .

Last edited:
Top Bottom