• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Characters you would like to see join the battle in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

- Firebrand a.k.a Red Aramer
- Geno
- NiGHTS
- Ristar
- Crono, Frog and Magus from Chrono Trigger as a trio (cool if they could execute tripple techs in Smash)
- Sophia from Master Blaster (yes, a tank as a playable character)
- AiAi in the ball
- Skull Kid w Majora's mask
- Black Shadow (F-Zero)
- Samurai Goroh
- Chorus Kids
- Tingle
- Wart from SMB2 (could spit radishes and summon flying carpets)

Luckily they added Simon Belmont.

btw, this is not really the place to state your grievances about Smash.
I'm just saying, how many fucking characters need to be in smash? 168? Does big the cat need to be in smash? It's just too much man.

I hate hearing about a direct and having it in my mind that it's going to be about fucking smash again instead of a new game that Nintendo desperately needs. But yeah, at least someone is happy with it, I guess.

93xfan

Banned
I'm just saying, how many fucking characters need to be in smash? 168? Does big the cat need to be in smash? It's just too much man.

I hate hearing about a direct and having it in my mind that it's going to be about fucking smash again instead of a new game that Nintendo desperately needs. But yeah, at least someone is happy with it, I guess.
Firstly, I want to you that I’m very happy about it, so there’s no question in your mind.

at the very least, it’s an amazing celebration of videogame history and music. Since the game released, Smash has only been a small part of some directs, so it’s not hurting anyone.

Firstly, I want to you that I’m very happy about it, so there’s no question in your mind.

at the very least, it’s an amazing celebration of videogame history and music. Since the game released, Smash has only been a small part of some directs, so it’s not hurting anyone.
It used to be that, hasn't been that since brawl. Now it's esports garbo. Absolute bullshit, it used to eat up at least 20-30 minutes in a number of directs and that's if it didn't get a dedicated direct. The only way i'd be at ease with its continued relevance is if I knew it wasn't affecting other game development, but I know that's not true. Without smash, something would at least take its place.

Enjoy the road to 168 characters.

93xfan

Banned
It used to be that, hasn't been that since brawl. Now it's esports garbo. Absolute bullshit, it used to eat up at least 20-30 minutes in a number of directs and that's if it didn't get a dedicated direct. The only way i'd be at ease with its continued relevance is if I knew it wasn't affecting other game development, but I know that's not true. Without smash, something would at least take its place.

Enjoy the road to 168 characters.
But how is it affecting the development of other games?

But how is it affecting the development of other games?
If so many people are content with smash, they'll want less of else. If people were sick of it, we'd get new games. Smash is HUGE for Nintendo, you honestly think if it had like 1/5 of the base that we wouldn't see at least something else sooner? 20 million sales man.

The same logic can be applied to GTA, not that I care about it, but if GTA 5 didn't keep selling insane amounts rockstar would have moved on sooner. Why change what's making money? A lot of people say it and i'm there as well, but successful Nintendo is the worst in terms of actual games output. I sound like an old man, and i'm honestly fine with Smash by itself, but not when we have Nintendo drought.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
If so many people are content with smash, they'll want less of else. If people were sick of it, we'd get new games. Smash is HUGE for Nintendo, you honestly think if it had like 1/5 of the base that we wouldn't see at least something else sooner? 20 million sales man.

The same logic can be applied to GTA, not that I care about it, but if GTA 5 didn't keep selling insane amounts rockstar would have moved on sooner. Why change what's making money? A lot of people say it and i'm there as well, but successful Nintendo is the worst in terms of actual games output. I sound like an old man, and i'm honestly fine with Smash by itself, but not when we have Nintendo drought.
Smash just serves to give them more money so they can hopefully invest in more/better games being made.

Even Mario Kart with its massive and steady sales is not hurting other franchises within Nintendo. It may give the Mario Kart team more time to work on the next game, but that’s it.

No one is saying, “should we continue the same pace of development on Metroid Prime 4, BotW 2, or do you think we can take a vacation due to a new DLC character coming out for our 3rd best selling game?” It just doesn’t work like that.

anyway, this is getting really off topic so I’m not going to continue this conversation

Last edited:

El Sueño

30619325748_5aa0ff0a14_o.gif

93xfan

Banned
Will/Freedan from Illusion of Gaia/Time where you could switch between the two would be great. I really love the music in the game too.

img-30.png

kqfm4hs2w0o41.png

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Something mainline SMT (not Persona) related would be cool... maybe something like the DQ hero, with the skins being the MC of each mainline game, and the attacks being related to summoning demons.

The series also have tons of awesome battle themes, and with the Switch exclusive SMT V on the horizon, one would think this might even be possible.

Inspector Q

Haven't played a Smash game in a long time so not even sure if this duo was ever added, but I always thought it would be cool to have A Boy and His Blob added to the roster:

1280x720.jpg

Have the different flavored Jellybeans change up the Blob's moveset.

Diddy X

I'm not sure they would add a character whose last game came out like 10 years ago, but they added Banjo which makes me think a new Banjo is in the works.

Holammer

I don't play Smash, but it's supposed to be something Iconic? So I would like to see Shantae and/or TF2's Heavy added.

Zannegan

Captain N (half-joking)

Master Chief would be cool, though what he has to do with Nintendo outside of that one rumored DS port I haven't the faintest. On the other hand, you can give him a sword, so he'll fit right in.

Speaking of sword users, Dante would be cool, ...especially if they took away his sword and gave him those ice tri-chucks from DMC3, but that's just me.

And while we're being ridiculous, may as well make Tony Hawk a character too. Yes, I know he's a real person, but the games are iconic, and who else are you going to pick to rep the franchise? More importantly though, he'd have an interesting moveset and interesting levels.

Equally ridiculous, the Chinatown Wars protag.

And since we don't have enough Castlevania love, how about having Soma Cruz and Dracula join the fray?

MrMephistoX

At this point I’d love to just see villains for characters that don’t have them like Dr. Wiley for Megaman, Bald Bull for Little Mac, Liquid for Snake, Dracula for Simon, or Dr. Robotnik for Sonic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom