• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR institutes mandatory six-day work weeks for Cyberpunk 2077

Enjay

Banned
I work 7 days a week as a 911 operator most weeks with everyone getting quarantined. 12 hours a day for the next week as well. I still get my 1.5 hours in the gym on top of that. They'll be ok.
You're full of shit but if this were true you're getting fucked over hard. A lot of people here have been conditioned by their boss masters really well it seems.

Last edited:
well, if it`s only the last few weeks and the extra hours get paid....I don`t see a problem. This is kinda normal in any project-based industry near deadlines.

Kenpachii

And this is where EU vs US clash. US thinks working themselves to death is highly respectable in the EU they straight up think its criminal.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

You're full of shit but if this were true you're getting fucked over hard.

Nah, I am not being forced, I am doing it because I can handle it and I am saving other co-workers from having to do the same thing. I am being compensated very nicely. Both consoles, monitor, games, etc are paid off. I also made my 15 year old daughters birthday pretty awesome with the extra money. It's not like it's balls to the wall busy 24/7. A part of my shift is pretty slow, in fact I am at work now.

Last edited:

Matt_Fox

Pl7Ww5R.jpg

Kenpachii

The EU is pretty vast. What you say applies only to a select few countries.

Talking about western europe here.

where i live working 12 hours a day is illegal, working more then 40 hours a week is illegal. U can overwork perfectly fine but there are limits and a hour of overwork is a hour of free time somewhere else and u need to be high compensated for it in order to prevent abuse. Even truck drivers have to stop after 8 hours of driving for the day no matter where they are or get massively fined on the person and the company if not to make it completely useless for those companies to even push it.

That guy that works 12 hours a day, 7 days straight up works 2 entire work weeks and a bit of over time as its 84 hours of work time.Why not hire a second guy?. It's absolutely idiotic to the point this guy thinks its "fine".

I bet his kid really liked his birthday party where dad showed up for 5 minutes in the evening to say he still exists while the kid sits there alone playing its expensive toy wondering why dad is never home.

It's a cultural difference really.

Look i am not against crunch in emergencies. But making a fucking video game is laughable at best to validate it. If CDPR compensates there personal after this is done with all that time consumed as extra work as extra vacation time. fine by me. But we all know that's not the case. Because where abuse of your workers can happen will happen.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
Reading pages 1 and 6, this thread seems to have one of three response types:
“This is bullshit”
“I hope they’re paid well”
“My life is worse than theirs”

For the latter, I don’t get the lack of self respect. Do you not want to go and see your family or friends? Enjoy the limited life you have while you’re still young and healthy? There’s a lot of “I had it worse” like that makes it any better. It just means you normalised sacrificing the actual life part of life. Congrats. Don’t knock people for wanting to spend more time doing things they enjoy.

Having said that, if there’s some sort of give and take to the matter I can see it not being such a bad deal. Like if they get that crunch time back as part of an extra long break after release. It’s like a larger scale version of 4x10hr working days instead of 5x8hr, because the former gives you a 3 day weekend.

HoodWinked

This is so fucking mind numbing people advocating that crunch doesn't work by pointing out that assembly line workers had higher productivity when under worked.

That's a completely different thing. Game development is highly collaborative and intertwined. As much as they've tried to make it less so the end where everything has to come together it's still effective and the more complex your game like a system heavy game it's practically unavoidable.

Look when you were in school you had group projects you diligently meet with your group every week make slow steady progress then suddenly it's due tomorrow and somehow your group pulls off 60% of the remaining effort the night before. Humans are gonna human we procrastinate, we are unmotivated but we work hard when you're a part of a collective that also shares the pain and that shot clock is a strong motivator.

Last edited:
Nah, just stop.

Nah, I shall go on.

This whole strawman of "prove intent to deceive" basically ask someone to be a fucking mind reader to argue if someone is lying or something.

It's not my problem if - unsurprisingly -you have low epistemological standards, or no standards at all, and don't know what lying entails.

You make the claim, you provide the evidence.
It's not my problem.

If you just want to claim that their statements have been wrong, false, etc, that's one thing. You simply have to show history declares their statements to be false. But it's quite another to claim they lied, because you are explicitly ruling out other possible alternative explanations for the falsehood of their statements, such as unforeseen changes in whatever circumstances of whatever nature, them being sincere but wrong at the time and then sincerely changing their minds, etc.

At the very least you have to show probable intent. People can be sincerely wrong,.

So I don't give two cents about you bolding words and increasing font size.
If you specifically claim they lied, present the evidence of probable intent, something, anything that points to that conclusion. Or I will call you out.

Got that?
Good.

Omitting known information that is relevant to the consumers purchase is lying.

You need to read the post you're replying before replying.

I have already acknowledged the downgrade. That's why I asked for other instances of alleged lying. In fact, I am going to say that in this case there's evidence that they in fact had the intention to deceive. I'll repeat: there's evidence that shows CDPR probably had the intention to deceive with regard to the Downgrade. And I can talk at length about this topic.

yet claimed this.

Already addressed.

So I find it a bit odd that they day after the fucking game comes out and they took people's money, oh NOW they can confirm a downgrade? Oh so...not a single day prior to that they could do that, but only after they took people's money they could officially tell you this? Never before huh? :pie_raybans:

Already addressed.

Well their intent wasn't to help consumers by knowing about a downgrade yet saying nothing. You telling me on their own game during development before release they had no clue the state of the game, yet magically remember its been downgraded after they took your money? Oh...sooooo you HAVE to know 100% that they did it to deceive ie mind read in order for it to really be lying? Thats a lot of hoops to jump thru bud.

Already addressed.

Shit, I own Witcher 3 day 1, I own the whole series, have Cyberpunk 2077 pre-ordered and have for years btw, but I won't pretend omitting such information to fans is not a lie.

Already addressed.

I have a hard time understanding how not confirming the actual state of your game, until after to you took fans money is not a lie as who the fuck else would know the current state of this game before release besides the actual developers themselves? So I think many might have to concede to this shit. They are not perfect, they are not honest and they have a history of saying one thing and doing another. Its why I even told people look out for those removed features and what do you know....here is a list of removed and cut content.... I don't hate the developer, but I must be honest with what I see from the developer and I feel many gamers allow their like of the developer to cloud their judgment.

The cut content has been disclosed before launch, right?
Pre-orders can still be cancelled, right?
What's the deal, exactly?

I mean shit, I'm not a mind reader, I'm not a fortune teller,

So don't make claims as though you were.

I can't see the future, I'm not a insider etc, yet clearly I called out they'd have removed, cut content etc. Many of you don't see it cause you don't want to,

Oh, so you are a mind reader? You can now read minds and proclaim the reason why some people are supposedly ignoring negative information about the game?

Contradictions, contradictions, contradictions.

ExKing

says GAF is a racist board but still wants to be a part of it...
This is unacceptable. I prefer the game to be delayed.

HoodWinked

That guy that works 12 hours a day, 7 days straight up works 2 entire work weeks and a bit of over time as its 84 hours of work time.Why not hire a second guy?

It doesn't really work out that way something someone here taught me because of Brooke's law. While it's specifically "adding manpower to a late software project makes it later" the reasons still applies to just increasing manpower doesn't come anywhere close to a 1 to 1 because the way communications overhead increase exponentially for every new member.

Kenpachii

This is so fucking mind numbing people advocating that crunch doesn't work by pointing out that assembly line workers had higher productivity when under worked.

That's a completely different thing. Game development is highly collaborative and intertwined. As much as they've tried to make it less so the end where everything has to come together it's still effective and the more complex your game like a system heavy game it's practically unavoidable.

Look when you were in school you had group projects you diligently meet with your group every week make slow steady progress then suddenly it's due tomorrow and somehow your group pulls off 60% of the remaining effort the night before. Humans are gonna human we procrastinate, we are unmotivated but we work hard when you're a part of a collective that also shares the pain and that shot clock is a strong motivator.

U know what happens when u sit at your job at friday and everybody is at home while u sit there alone working still because u don't got your work done yet and want to pull those overnighters u talk about?

Boss or HR see's u working results in:

US:

Boss:

Good job son, i am proud on you. Can u do this and this also and make me even more proud and maybe after working yourself for 4 years completely alien from your family i will give u a raise or a promotion or will not fire you as first person and we will make u employee of the month so all the other people can start doing the same for me.

Fak yea free labor !!!

worker: fuck ya, boss likes me !!!.

WEU

Boss: Hey, should u not be going home like the others?, i see u sit there for a few times now alone and i wonder what's up.
Worker: No boss i still got lots of work to do and have to finish this up so we won't get a delay.
Boss: why is that, is the job to hard for you alone or is it simple to difficult for your position to handle? U know what, go home and next week we will talk about your position and how we can improve things
Worker: oh shit, i probably gonna get fired.
HR: hey i heard u overworked last week for a few hours and the weeks before it which is fine, when are u taking those hours off exactly? make sure to plan them in before the end of the year or u get sacked bye bye.

Last edited:

Hudo

Article is behind a paywall? In any case, did Schreier also mention/talk about EU-working rights? That you're usually not allowed to work more than 48 hours a week with a mandatory day off, etc. (unless the employee specifically consents to worse conditions)? Or did he just write shit to fit his narrative like he always does?

Capitalism is a pile of shit

On the contrary. It's the best system mankind has ever devised. It has produced the freest, wealthiest societies ever known to mankind. People all over the world flee non-capitalist countries and try to get into capitalist countries, not the other way around.

In fact, it is the only moral system because it's the only system based on voluntary win-win transactions. It is precisely when it fails to live up to that core intrinsic principle that it fails.

Last, but least, the entire videogame industry is a product of capitalism.
Videogames wouldn't exist without capitalism. The hardware wouldn't exist, the software wouldn't exist, studios wouldn't exist, the consumer base wouldn't exist, the infrastructure wouldn't exist.

Reading pages 1 and 6, this thread seems to have one of three response types:
“This is bullshit”
“I hope they’re paid well”
“My life is worse than theirs”

There's also the principled defence of individual rights, the right to govern one's professional life as one wishes, according to one's values, and not the values of someone else.

For the latter, I don’t get the lack of self respect. Do you not want to go and see your family or friends?

That's how you would describe working an additional 8 days for the next two months? Really?

Enjoy the limited life you have while you’re still young and healthy?

I come back to this point.

That decision is not for you to make. It is for each individual developer to make, no matter how noble, how wise, how sensitive, how self-evident you may think your injunctions are.

There’s a lot of “I had it worse” like that makes it any better. It just means you normalised sacrificing the actual life part of life. Congrats.

I alone get to decide how I conduct my professional life. I don't recall CDPR developers giving you a call and asking for advice. They're adults, they're though guys and gals, they can make decisions, thank you.

Don’t knock people for wanting to spend more time doing things they enjoy.

They're certainly entitled to want that for their lives. It is in fact their right to want that. Just as it is CDPR's right to want the best for the studio. It's almost as though for some management has no rights. Just like devs have the right to look out for their best interests, management has the right to look out for their best interests.

Having said that, if there’s some sort of give and take to the matter I can see it not being such a bad deal. Like if they get that crunch time back as part of an extra long break after release. It’s like a larger scale version of 4x10hr working days instead of 5x8hr, because the former gives you a 3 day weekend.

To keep things in perspective, it looks like what we're talking here is 8 more days in the next two months.

This is unacceptable. I prefer the game to be delayed.

You find unacceptable?
Opt out of the game then.

Developers, no one else, is bound by your own personal opinions on anything until you persuade them of the merits of your position. And since your effort in that department is rather lacking, I don't see too many people changing their minds over your post.

thief183

Article is behind a paywall? In any case, did Schreier also mention/talk about EU-working rights? That you're usually not allowed to work more than 48 hours a week with a mandatory day off, etc. (unless the employee specifically consents to worse conditions)? Or did he just write shit to fit his narrative like he always does?

48 / 6 is alittle more than 8hours a day...

cormack12

Gold Member

Exactly, there's a point of convergence where you need everyone available. Like a project go live. I'm convinced a lot of people just haven't worked at enterprise level when I see these comments. It's a month - on top of their extra hours they are being asked to work 4 extra days for a day one patch essentially. There's little sympathy when people have worked these hours and been tired in their own lives. It doesn't last forever and it sucks but needs must. Plus some of this will have been partially forced by COVID, delays see

Creative market is competitive enough and is often just about who works the most/hardest to keep their positions/make themselves invaluable. There's a lot of artists on twitter that complain about needing to pick up edges of work that would traditionally be classed as 'developer' work, when they just want to be drawing. If you have a diverse skillset then you're more valuable as well.

Colin weighs in as well

Guys, I know Jason Tweeted about me. I get it.

He blocked me a while ago, so I have no idea how he saw what I Tweeted, but nonetheless, I get the message! LOL.

If you want agenda-driven journalism totally devoid of the reality of making and selling games, he's your man, not me.

For real, can you imagine being so blessed that you get to make video games for a living?

Not just any game, but a AAA game that will sell millions, that will grace your resumé forever, make you lots of bonus cash, leave a legacy.

And you're asked to work seven extra paid days.
And then a journalist with a blatant axe to grind, who seeks out literally anything that could feed his weird narrative, reports on this like it's relevant.

Do these writers realize that many people who read their work have real problems? That this shit comes off as tone deaf?
Imagine working 10 hours at the supermarket with a fucking surgical mask over your face, you grab your phone to see what's going on, and you read a story about the crisis of how a famous AAA game dev has to work seven extra paid days.

Sorry. I'm just gonna call it like I see it.

Jasons 'callout'
EjHxLhEWoAELGh5

petran79

Banned
8-13.30 here, plus full Christmas, Easter and summer holidays. Yep, school teacher.
But lot of time to play their games

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
From the studio head Adam Badowski, according to the article

“Starting today, the entire (development) studio is in overdrive,” Badowski wrote, elaborating that this meant “your typical amount of work and one day of the weekend.” The extra work would be paid, as required by Polish labor laws. Many other video game studios don’t pay for overtime.
“I take it upon myself to receive the full backlash for the decision,” he wrote. “I know this is in direct opposition to what we’ve said about crunch. It’s also in direct opposition to what I personally grew to believe a while back -- that crunch should never be the answer. But we’ve extended all other possible means of navigating the situation.”

Didn't expect gaf to virtue signal, "OMG CRUNCH IS BAD". It's paid work, well compensated most likely considering it's CDPR and the workers most likely agreed. Calm the fuck down you negative nancies.

Not acceptable. No human should have to work more than 35 hours a week

We all ride on that backs of those who produce and work more hours in a month than you probably have in your life. Real work. If everyone sat at a desk working 35 hours a week than we'd have nothing to show for it.

U know what happens when u sit at your job at friday and everybody is at home while u sit there alone working still because u don't got your work done yet and want to pull those overnighters u talk about?

Boss or HR see's u working results in:

US:

Boss:

Good job son, i am proud on you. Can u do this and this also and make me even more proud and maybe after working yourself for 4 years completely alien from your family i will give u a raise or a promotion or will not fire you as first person and we will make u employee of the month so all the other people can start doing the same for me.

Fak yea free labor !!!

Cool story.

Incidentally, is your keyboard missing letters y and o?
CDPR employees are getting paid overtime. Paid, as in not free.

worker: fuck ya, boss likes me !!!.

That's a totally realistic depiction of CDPR's management style.
Regale the thread with stories about your time at CDPR.

WEU

Boss: Hey, should u not be going home like the others?, i see u sit there for a few times now alone and i wonder what's up.
Worker: No boss i still got lots of work to do and have to finish this up so we won't get a delay.
Boss: why is that, is the job to hard for you alone or is it simple to difficult for your position to handle? U know what, go home and next week we will talk about your position and how we can improve things
Worker: oh shit, i probably gonna get fired.
HR: hey i heard u overworked last week for a few hours and the weeks before it which is fine, when are u taking those hours off exactly? make sure to plan them in before the end of the year or u get sacked bye bye.

Is this a thread on creative writing?
Did the OP post a writing prompt? Like
"Write a Dickensian dystopia set in contemporary corporate America, occasionally leaving out the letters y and o" ?

Was that it?

Hudo

48 / 6 is alittle more than 8hours a day...
Yeah but it's not what you'd encounter when Naughty Dog (for example) crunches, which Schreier got off on to explain and claim how everything is fucked, etc. Dude writes shit to fit his narrative and then sells that as content for his books.

I work six days a week and nobody give's a toss :(

this. my work has mandated overtime on a few occasions (7 days). im really getting tired of “crunch” articles in game “journalism”. Its making these employees feel mighty entitled when its just the real world.

I understand a game “journalist” gets to work at home or take his macbook down to starbucks to write his EXHAUSTING report and that they can truly sympathize with challenging work schedules, but jeez.

nush

Gold Member
Call it crunch - everyone loses their minds
Call it overtime - everyone does that.

Loads of projects across many industries require overtime at the end of a project to get it to ship on time. It's a normal part of life.

kuncol02

Banned
Call it crunch - everyone loses their minds
Call it overtime - everyone does that.

Loads of projects across many industries require overtime at the end of a project to get it to ship on time. It's a normal part of life.
There is difference between overtime and crunch. Working 6 days for 8 hours a day for month or two during 5 year long project is not crunch. It's not great situation, but it's not crunch.
There are other companies where people work 60, sometimes even 100 hours a week for months. There are games where people were working for 60hours for half a year sometimes even more. L.A. Noire was made with years of really heavy crunch from team. How is that even comparable?

I do not understand those who say that they work for 6-7 days and underestimate these people. You got into that job knowing your hours and conditions, the situation here is different. CDPR even promised that there would be no crunch, and i don't think that these people signed a contract about accepting crunch. CDPR knows how many workers they have and they should make a schedule according to that.

If you have problems, you should talk too. Don't supress other people.

ive been in the same situation as CDPR employees (worse because my mandatory overtime was for a longer period of time).

We are talking about 8 compensated days over two months. FFS. If this is truly concerning to someone then I must question their own work ethic and mental stability. The employees there are even splitting 10% of the companies profits, lol id kill for that.

If they werent getting paid then id get the uproar but this is a single day a week for two months to make your product as best as it can be, something they can personally be proud of. Im betting 90% of them are more than happy to do this.

if you think this is tough then just imagine for a second the hours put in by the people who founded CDPR when it was starting (or any business for that matter). You get out what you put in.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
There is difference between overtime and crunch. Working 6 days for 8 hours a day for month or two during 5 year long project is not crunch. It's not great situation, but it's not crunch.
There are other companies where people work 60, sometimes even 100 hours a week for months. There are games where people were working for 60hours for half a year sometimes even more. L.A. Noire was made with years of really heavy crunch from team. How is that even comparable?

I guess we need a crunch-o-meter then. Crunch is ALWAYS THE WORST POSSIBLE CASE EVER! My point is people interpret "Crunch" in many ways working 6 days a week unless we get more details is just overtime.

Kupfer

In my professional past, it has always been the case in every company that when there is a lot to do and you can't keep up, you work overtime for a foreseeable period of time. These hours/days are paid, everyone is annoyed, but shit just has to be done. That's why it's silly to open a barrel.(Is that even a figure of speech?)

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I see many people with strict 9-5 mentality. It's only six weeks, you get paid for working overtime and you will get a bonus(es) after the game is released. Other big game studios treat their employees much worse.

It's basically what you sign up for when you're in this line of work, just with many other jobs like being a doctor and working crazy long shifts.

Last edited:
On the contrary. It's the best system mankind has ever devised. It has produced the freest, wealthiest societies ever known to mankind. People all over the world flee non-capitalist countries and try to get into capitalist countries, not the other way around.

In fact, it is the only moral system because it's the only system based on voluntary win-win transactions. It is precisely when it fails to live up to that core intrinsic principle that it fails.
Hahaha no. Capitalism is the root cause of pretty much every world wide problem from poverty and malnutrition to global warming and the absolute raping of the environment, racism and classism is entirely capitalist based in most of the world. Innovation has been stifled greatly by capitalism. Kill the rich.

nush

Gold Member
If they werent getting paid then id get the uproar but this is a single day a week for two months to make your product as best as it can be, something they can personally be proud of. Im betting 90% of them are more than happy to do this.

Every development office I've ever visited was a pretty sweet setup, headphones on listening to what you want, free drinks and snacks and surrounded in your cubicle with all the best funko Pops and anime dolls.

QA departments tend to be somewhere on the depths to hell though, but that's quite often outsourced.

Hahaha no. Capitalism

Hahaha yes.

is the root cause of pretty much every world wide problem from poverty and malnutrition to global warming and the absolute raping of the environment, racism and classism is entirely capitalist based in most of the world. Innovation has been stifled greatly by capitalism. Kill the rich.

Kill the rich?
Call for violence?

Kill stupidity, abysmal ignorance and cosmic levels of inanity, all abundantly on display in your pathetic manure-like post.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Not acceptable. No human should have to work more than 35 hours a week

I work a minimum of 48 hours a week. I could work more if I wanted to, but due to the stress and the amount of work I've recently picked up, I choose a day off to recharge.
Some of us work a lot because we want to earn more. It's not difficult to understand. If it's too much for someone to work long hours, they can quit.

In fact, I am thinking of take no days off for the next 3 months. Some of us are more motivated than others.

Inxes

I work over 100 some weeks and average 50 to 60 most weeks. I see no problem with it as long as they being paid properly. If they are on salary then I have issues with it.

No amount of money can cure every disease, and working too much can lead to a lot of diseases.

Warablo

Isn't one of the problems is they can overwork their staff, then they burn out and quit and they just hire fresh students out of college? We use humans like a renewable resource.

kuncol02

Banned
Hahaha no. Capitalism is the root cause of pretty much every world wide problem from poverty and malnutrition to global warming and the absolute raping of the environment, racism and classism is entirely capitalist based in most of the world. Innovation has been stifled greatly by capitalism. Kill the rich.
WOW just WOW. I guess you never had to live under communism.
Holodomor, Great Chinese Famine, Cambodian genocide and many more were totally capitalism fault. That totally wasn't true communism right?
efe.jpg

GymWolf

Exactly, there's a point of convergence where you need everyone available. Like a project go live. I'm convinced a lot of people just haven't worked at enterprise level when I see these comments. It's a month - on top of their extra hours they are being asked to work 4 extra days for a day one patch essentially. There's little sympathy when people have worked these hours and been tired in their own lives. It doesn't last forever and it sucks but needs must. Plus some of this will have been partially forced by COVID, delays see

Creative market is competitive enough and is often just about who works the most/hardest to keep their positions/make themselves invaluable. There's a lot of artists on twitter that complain about needing to pick up edges of work that would traditionally be classed as 'developer' work, when they just want to be drawing. If you have a diverse skillset then you're more valuable as well.

Colin weighs in as well

Guys, I know Jason Tweeted about me. I get it.

He blocked me a while ago, so I have no idea how he saw what I Tweeted, but nonetheless, I get the message! LOL.

If you want agenda-driven journalism totally devoid of the reality of making and selling games, he's your man, not me.

For real, can you imagine being so blessed that you get to make video games for a living?

Not just any game, but a AAA game that will sell millions, that will grace your resumé forever, make you lots of bonus cash, leave a legacy.

And you're asked to work seven extra paid days.
And then a journalist with a blatant axe to grind, who seeks out literally anything that could feed his weird narrative, reports on this like it's relevant.

Do these writers realize that many people who read their work have real problems? That this shit comes off as tone deaf?
Imagine working 10 hours at the supermarket with a fucking surgical mask over your face, you grab your phone to see what's going on, and you read a story about the crisis of how a famous AAA game dev has to work seven extra paid days.

Sorry. I'm just gonna call it like I see it.

Jasons 'callout'
EjHxLhEWoAELGh5

Shitting on schreier is
tenor.gif

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
The more I see threads like this and the sentiment they hold, the more I realize we are fucked as a society. Working hard has become a crime and entitlement is off the charts.

Hahaha yes.

Kill the rich?
Call for violence?

Kill stupidity, abysmal ignorance and cosmic levels of inanity, all abundantly on display in your pathetic manure-like post.
Yeah kill them for the millions murdered to make a buck. They ain't gonna give it up without a fight. If you take issue with any of the facts in my post then please point them out and start a dialogue. War is coming. America the great beacon of capitalism is burning and the cause is late stage capitalism.

cormack12

Gold Member
Isn't one of the problems is they can overwork their staff, then they burn out and quit and they just hire fresh students out of college? We use humans like a renewable resource.

No. Any position that can have numbers thrown at it like menial labour, low responsibility or low skilled workers can be covered with capital writeoff on short term contractors.

The positions that have to crunch are going to be your long time skilled workers/talented staff who know the project inside out. You won't get fresh faced graduates to replace them because they don't have the experience. You can't pull in contractors because it would take months, possibly even years to get them familiar enough to make broad changes to an established code base without thorough peer reviews which creates a bigger overhead. Usually if one of these people have a new offer mid-project, then the suits will make a counter offer that makes it worth staying. It's simple workplace markets.

Ironically all this talk about unions will only protect those obvious crying members of staff who have gone to Jason. Probably those who contribute the bare minimum in a day, stroll in at 930 with a latte and are grabbing their coat at 4:30 while the rest are crushing their nuts. You ask anyone who work hard how they feel about Unions protecting staff who are incompetent or who should be fired.

Last edited:
Top Bottom