• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR confirm that XSX footage of CP2077 was a BC version, seemingly no kind of patch at all for Next-Gen consoles at launch

Tschumi

No patch, no buy. Simple, they've done 7 years of fuckery then massive downgrades along the way with mediocre gameplay shown so far.
U gotta wonder just how it's all gonna come out.. i think in future they might tend to be more thoughtful of how long they have before next generations come along and mess up expectations~

Bo_Hazem

Banned
U gotta wonder just how it's all gonna come out.. i think in future they might tend to be more thoughtful of how long they have before next generations come along and mess up expectations~

Currently graphics are ok but nothing crazy. The downgrade is serious since early reveal and that chase gameplay at the speed of 40km/h is something from 1990's mediocracy level. I mean even old GTA and Driver games had much superior chasing. Reminds me of extremely overrated John Wick movies bullshots.

This movie is just. 🤮 Seems to inspire the game. Of course they can't shoot at him because the director said so.

Tschumi

Currently graphics are ok but nothing crazy. The downgrade is serious since early reveal and that chase gameplay at the speed of 40km/h is something from 1990's mediocracy level. I mean even old GTA and Driver games had much superior chasing. Reminds me of extremely overrated John Wick movies bullshots.

This movie is just. 🤮 Seems to inspire the game. Of course they can't shoot at him because the director said so.

Dude i totally had the same vibe about those coasty feeling cars.. kinda reminiscent of gran turismo but less thematically appropriate.. graphics, I'll be playing on lower settings for the first few months so I'll just have to love her for her personality :p

RPS37

On the subject of Cyberpunk 2077 being playable on PS5 and Xbox Series X, the company said that the current-gen game will be playable on those consoles at launch with a next-gen patch that adds some improvements based on the horsepower of those consoles. "It will look better on next-generation consoles," the company said. However, a "more robust update" will come later. This next-gen edition will be free for everyone who bought Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 or Xbox One. The full details on the upgrade scheme, however, have not been announced.

So I’m slightly confused, but like a poster said earlier in this thread, my ass probably won’t even be anywhere Near finished with the game by the time the patch hits.

mitchman

Gold Member

Early reveal was on a maxed out spec PC. I don't get the comparison against earlier PC footage.

asustitan

Banned
How hard just unlock the framerate for next gen would be good enough to enjoy on new consoles.

Last edited:

noise36

This is why I cancelled my console pre-order and bought PC, it's the only "nextgen" version at launch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom