• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR announces multiple new projects (New Cyberpunk Game, 3 New Witcher Games, New MP Game)

Sentenza

Three Witcher games in six years and a CP2077 full blown sequel developed in parallel.
Sure, sure.

None of this is going to happen.

Elysion

Banned
Three Witcher games? Are they making The Witcher 4, 5 and 6 simultaneously? Or are these totally different games with different characters?

Last edited:
Regarding Cyberpunk Sequel:
“Another project that we want to focus on is Orion, again it’s a codename, the next Cyberpunk game that will fully unleash the potential that this universe offers. Our ambitious plans will require a lot of work, dedication and further growth of the team.

“Speaking of which I have important news to share. We are creating a new studio based in North America. Next to The Molasses Flood—which will remain solely focused on Sirius—we are setting up a team in Boston, that together with our existing Vancouver-based team will establish CD Projekt RED North America. This studio will be in charge of leading development of Orion. This move will enable us to fully draw upon the North American talent pool.”
So at least 5 years away, if not more. Oof.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Three Witcher games in six years and a CP2077 full blown sequel developed in parallel.
Sure, sure.

None of this is going to happen.
The Witcher games are being developed in Poland over the course of ~6 years (150 devs currently on the project)
Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty on track (350 devs curront on project)
Cyberpunk 2077.2 is being developed by CD Projekt Boston.

All projects are likely Unreal Engine 5, they have a partnership with Epic so Epic is probably providing quite a bit of support.

People forget how big CD Project Red as a whole actually is....they have over 1000 employees.
Thats a massive massive set of people to work on multiple projects, not even counting once you start outsourcing.

Three Witcher games? Are they making The Witcher 4, 5 and 6 simultaneously? Or are these totally different games with different characters?
it's a trilogy. so we got Witcher 1-3 with Geralt (1-3), Triss (1-3), Yennefer, and Ciri (refered to in other games but only appear in 3).

we'll probably get a new main character / side bitch and main cast throughout the 3 games.

and they won't be working on 3 games at once I don't think. maybe some overlap between.

that's optimistic. i'm not expecting Cyberpunk 2 until well into the 2030's. The next Witcher trilogy seems to be the focus for now.

but it seems CDPR are expanding so who knows. I don't want them to rush it but if they can get it out sooner then great.

Last edited:

Sentenza

The Witcher games are being developed in Poland over the course of ~6 years (150 devs currently on the project)
Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty on track (350 devs curront on project)
Cyberpunk 2077.2 is being developed by CD Projekt Boston.

All projects are likely Unreal Engine 5, they have a partnership with Epic so Epic is probably providing quite a bit of support.

People forget how big CD Project Red as a whole actually is....they have over 1000 employees.
Thats a massive massive set of people to work on multiple projects, not even counting once you start outsourcing.
I read the summary myself, thank you.

I'm telling you I don't believe a word of it.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I read the summary myself, thank you.

I'm telling you I don't believe a word of it.
16ca139fb1773a8118a65b204f9d8b7c.gif

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Curious to see how the outsourced Witcher projects pan out.

Thronebreaker is a very nice and sweet game and I don't mind seeing more lower budget but wholeheartedly crafted game under the IP.

About two years to set-up the office space, place key figures in leadership roles, and hire all the necessary development personnel (I'm guessing 300+ employees). At lease four years at minimum after that for all-hands-on-deck development. Hopefully they learn from their mistakes and don't attempt to launch this next Cyberpunk game as cross-gen. Should be exclusive to whatever next PlayStation and Xbox console exists at the time and PC of course.

lefty1117

Gold Member
What I take away from all these announcements is this: They showed V on the Cyberpunk banner for their upcoming projects, so my theory that the expansion will take place AFTER the main game (govt is able to revive/save V, a remnant of Johnny permanently remains) is still possible ...

Top Bottom