• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt says it’s still waiting for Sony’s approval to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to the PlayStation Store

harmny

Banned
Glad they did so of that fake Joel trailer, it would've been a massive spoiler. Cyberpunk probably has a wonderful story, but it needs to be "playable" at least and to work. Gameplay wise AI is something brought from before PS1 era, police poping in just behind you out of thin air.

Avoiding spoilers wasn't the reason though because they could've avoided it altogether. They wanted money from people that expected the game to be joel and ellie 2.

They lied to their fans. Difference is. You can't get a refund for that.

Meanwhile Hawking Radiation beat cyberpunk and then got his money back.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Avoiding spoilers wasn't the reason though because they could've avoided it altogether. They wanted money from people that expected the game to be joel and ellie 2.

They lied to their fans. Difference is. You can't get a refund for that.

Meanwhile Hawking Radiation beat cyberpunk and then got his money back.

Maybe that's your view, but I'm glad they were bold and "hurt" our feelings. It reminds me of Game of Thrones snowflakes that are asking for a revision of the last season because it wasn't the generic, perfect ending they wished for and got accustomed to.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
So who needs who more here CDPR need Sony or Sony needs CDPR more what if Witcher 4 is not coming to playstation because of this beef.

It's not beef, it's a sleazy company that wants its unplayable mess to be approved. It's still extremely broken and it'll take more than a year to even fix that.

Also when they get out of this mess then we'll talk about The Witcher 4 as it's not even officially in production.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
Maybe that's your view, but I'm glad they were bold and "hurt" hour feelings. It reminds me of Game of Thrones snowflakes that are asking for a revision of the last season because it wasn't the generic, perfect ending they wished for and got accustomed to.

These are facts not opinions. Naughty dog mislead fans and lied to them to sell more copies. And sony loved it.

Meanwhile cyberpunk offered their money back to everyone no questions asked and sony hated it.

See the pattern here? Sony loves money

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
These are facts not opinions. Naughty dog mislead fans and lied to them to sell more copies. And sony loved it.

Meanwhile cyberpunk offered their money back to everyone no questions asked and sony hated it.

See the pattern here? Sony loves money

bc7d998ddd37ece9696185b2b4c51fcd.gif

EDMIX

So who needs who more here CDPR need Sony or Sony needs CDPR more what if Witcher 4 is not coming to playstation because of this beef.

It would hurt CDPR far more.

Witcher 3 is not the best selling game on Playstation, its already multiplatform. Not coming out on PS cause this is saying "we want to only be on platforms that will let us lie to customers and release unfinished shit"

It is in their best interest to settle out of court with their investors for lying, have Cyberpunk corrected and on PSN again and Witcher 4 on PC, PS and XB. I don't see any benefit to the company to just try to avoid responsibility as if the fault is Sony that CDPR lied to people about the state of the game. The game over 6 months later still has fucking issues, that alone should prove it wasn't some "day 1" patch type fix situation.

Illo

That fact they keep sending builds and keep being denied not only shows that the game is still broken, but they are still pushing to sell a broken product to consumers. They still haven't learned their fucking lesson yet and it's gross. It's been months now, what the actual fuck is going on over there. This game was nowhere near ready to be release then, nor is it anywhere ready to be released now.

harmny

Banned
Yes, CDPR hates money, so that's why they hid PS4/Xbox and forced reviewers to show prerecorded footage from them only.

Man this is pure lunacy and hypocrisy.

They love Money and still they gave everyone that wanted it their money back. See the difference?

Giving away the thing you love is hard. And cdpr did it. Meanwhile your crush lied to everyone and kept their money

Last edited:

EDMIX

That fact they keep sending builds and keep being denied not only shows that the game is still broken, but they are still pushing to sell a broken product to consumers. They still haven't learned their fucking lesson yet and it's gross. It's been months now, what the actual fuck is going on over there. This game was nowhere near ready to be release then, nor is it anywhere ready to be released now.

Agreed.

This literally shows how broken it was.

It was never some "day 1 patch" situation where it just need 1 thing to finish it. We are seeing now that was complete horseshit.

EDMIX

They love Money and still they gave everyone that wanted it their money back. See the difference?

Giving away the thing you love is hard. And cdpr did it. Meanwhile your crush lied to everyone and kept their money

I mean....that doesn't answer why they hide reviews of the PS4 and XONE versions..... why lie? Why hide that info? So my friend, they like money enough to lie to consumers, lie to investors and even lie to Sony and MS.

Don't know what to tell you man. I see no excuse to hide that info.

Last edited:
He is absolutely wrong. "Worst of the worst". Really? In world where GaaS exists, Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't even place among the "worst" of the year it came out, let alone "worst of the worst". It's impossible to take such hyperbole seriously.

"Gamers got duped". Sure... but not in the way you mean. Did the base consoles get a sub-par stripped down version of a game that simply outpaced the hardware? Yeah, they sure did. Where they each and every one offered refunds? Yeah... and that's actually what prompted Sony to pull the game - because their refund policy is so trash it would be absolutely torn apart if it was challenged in court (see: the ACCC tearing Valve a new one, granting us all Steam's generous refund policy). Anyone still holding their Cyberpunk 2077 copies for last gen consoles is doing so in acceptance of the game. Gamers got duped into thinking Sony was doing something for them - Sony was covering its ass so it can continue to have a terrible refund policy and anyone agreeing with it got completely duped.

"Reviewers likely got duped". No, you're passing the buck. They agreed to the embargo terms in full as they were presented to them. YouTubers like Skill-Up refused to accept the embargo terms and put out their reviews later than the those who did to ensure they gave a fair representation of the game. Reviewers weren't duped at all, and if you think they were, you were duped by them into thinking they're blame free for not providing accurate coverage. Reviewers knew exactly what they were doing.

Shareholders obviously weren't duped and you obvious know this which is why you posted half a sentence with literally nothing to support it. You're better than that, friend. And I don't care about law suits; every platform holder is currently being sued for controller drift issues.

I'm a gamer, I care about the game. And Cyberpunk 2077 was easily the best game I played last year. I had precisely zero issues. Now, other players had issues, and that's fair enough - they were offered full refunds for their game regardless of platform. What more did you want? Honest question: what more did actually want than a full, no-questions-asked refund for every copy of the game? Anyone who took a refund has nothing to complain about because they lost nothing. Anyone who didn't take a refund has nothing to complain about because they accepted the game and kept it. The only people left complaining are running on empty, spouting click-bait "stay angry gamerz! without respect we reject!" YouTuber non-sense.
Uh...ok

harmny

Banned
I mean....that doesn't answer why they hide reviews of the PS4 and XONE versions..... why lie? Why hide that info? So my friend, they like money enough to lie to consumers, lie to investors and even lie to Sony and MS.

Don't know what to tell you man. I see no excuse to hide that info.

Yes why did naughty dog lie? Good question

harmny

Banned
Yeah so first 3 years ps4 ahead of everything even pc.

Xbox sales are truly pathetic considering the previous witchers were xbox console exclusive. Take out PlayStation the series loses massive relevance especially on console.

And yet the second year pc was already ahead 43% to 42%. Ps fanboys are blind or what?

ZehDon

I greatly disagree I would argue cyberpunk as one of the worst offenders I've seen in a long time as trying to make it sound like game as a service is as bad as it gets in my opinion is simply trying to make it seem as if someone else must be worse than them

At the very least games-as-a-service is completely upfront with what the fuck they are doing so whether you like it or not is completely irrelevant at the very least they're fucking telling you what the product is

Cyberpunk 2077 literally is outright lying about multiple features that don't fucking exist in the game......

I don't give a shit what the genre is or what they're going for but you can't really tell me just because you like a different product model that's somehow it's worse than lying to consumers.

""Gamers got duped". Sure... but " No bud, they got duped. PERIOD. Thats it.

You may not like GAAS, but a game type that you disagree with is not lying to consumers, is not a illegal thing that would cause lawsuits or removed from PSN etc. Shit, I don't play games like that, but they are upfront with what they are in terms of online games. They are not out here lying to people about the state of the game, stripping features and then lying to investors. Its not like that is in the guide for making a GAAS to really be out here making it sounds like its "worse".

Nahhhh

Thats like me saying cause I hate sports games, Madden is "worse" then CDPR lying to consumers, investors and being thrown the fuck off PSN.

"Shareholders obviously weren't duped" Nah, they told them the game was fine, the fucking patches, crashes and apology Youtube video shows otherwise. If not them to know the state of their game, then who? They took people's money and lied about the current state of the game, the very fucking product the shareholders are investing in. Sir, that is against the law, its literally fraud.
Cool, so you don't understand half of what you're talking about, you're throwing around words like "fraud" to describe your hyperbole that is detached from reality, and you're dismissing anything that doesn't agree with your poorly informed opinion. Terrific post.

If you think Cyberpunk is "one of the worst offenders" you need to get out more. From games that could brick your console, to games that are nine years in early access with little to show for it, games with marketing that was never close to reality; gaming is littered with actual scams that dwarf anything in your post. You need a reality check if you somehow think Cyberpunk 2077 is the worst offender at anything. You're complaining about Cyberpunk being incomplete or launching with technical issues, while dismissing the entire GasS model which is infamous for launching incomplete games with technical issues. Games like Destiny 2 - which recently removed the entire campaign of Destiny 2 from Destiny 2 that players like me paid for - and Anthem - which was so bad that EA decided to let it die without fixing it because the damage was already done and players get... nothing. If you're stomping around like a toddler over Cyberpunk's state, surely these horrible GaaS games boil your blood to no end? Or... are you just jumping on the meme bandwagon posting nonsense? "STAY ANGRY GAMERZ!1! NEVERR FORGIVE, NEVER 4GET!"

Virtually nothing in this post connects with reality. "FRAUD!". You clearly don't know how investing works, or what fraud means. "THROWN OFF PSN!". Sony pulled the game to cover their terrible refund policy. "WORDS!". Why are you posting any of this when you clearly don't know what you're talking about? "THEY LIED!!1!!!". Did you accept a refund?

EDMIX

Yes why did naughty dog lie? Good question

It's false equivalency I mean it's really the only fucking argument you have at this point at the end of the day if you're going to say hiding the plot to a story is a "lie" to Consumers might as well argue every game with a story is lying to Consumers

You're not telling a consumer or a laundry list of objective fucking features that are supposed to exist in the game

So them hiding the plot in trailers is not lying to investors causing multiple lawsuits.

It's not something that's causing multiple crashes.

It's not causing mass returns to the point of being the most returned game in history.

My friend you simply do not have any logical explanation of why they're literally lying about the state of the game to even the people funding the fucking game and why they are hiding the reviews of specific versions.

ZehDon ZehDon " you're throwing around words like "fraud" Sir.....when you take money from an investor and lie about the state of a game, then proceed to order reviewers to NOT SHOW FOOOTAGE of said game on several platforms, this is fraud.

You are lying about something, you are receiving money based on the information you are giving.

Its as text book fraud as it comes my dude. As to why they are fucking getting sued by several parties.

"From games that could brick your console" Of games you can't fucking list. You know of a major AAA release where that was happening to this scale? I'd love to hear it.

"to games that are nine years in early access" This game is taking money, while they still develop the game to fucking correct it WITHOUT TELLING CONSUMERS IT WAS EARLY ACCESS, I'd argue this is worse.

Early Access is known. This was not. You are basically proving my point as this game does that, without anyone knowing before hand that is what they where planning to piecemeal out the game thru features and patches and updates. We are waiting for a patch to make the AI like a normal game...... just stop bud.

^^^ Thats called fraud bud. 6 months later and the game still runs like shit is not "fine". Hiding reviews on those platforms shows they knew it wasn't presentable, they didn't even want reviewers to show the game which shows they KNEW something was not correct, yet took consumers money and took investor money based on a day 1 patch lie and "running fine" lie that every fucking month that goes by shows it was not simply a day 1 patch or a few fixes.

What major AAA single player game you seen come out last year, that is still waiting to be actually "done" to be playable with basic features? Thats like saying Ubisoft is patching Watchdogs 3 still and cop chases "might" come ending of this year.......this is not normal my friend.

Its why you are having a hard ass time finding anything that even remotely fits this mess.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Anyone with a launch Xbox One willing to show us what the game would likely be like on PS4 right now with a stream?

EDIT
I just realized that can happen on PS4 now with physical copies. Ignore me 😅

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
It's false equivalency I mean it's really the only fucking argument you have at this point at the end of the day if you're going to say hiding the plot to a story is a "lie" to Consumers might as well argue every game with a story is lying to Consumers

You're not telling a consumer or a laundry list of objective fucking features that are supposed to exist in the game

So them hiding the plot in trailers is not lying to investors causing multiple lawsuits.

It's not something that's causing multiple crashes.

It's not causing mass returns to the point of being the most returned game in history.

My friend you simply do not have any logical explanation of why they're literally lying about the state of the game to even the people funding the fucking game and why they are hiding the reviews of specific versions.

Hiding the plot is one thing. Spending resources into creating fake trailers with Joel to lie and take money from fans is another one.

Awful move by naughty dog and sony.

Cyberpunk is not the most returned game in gaming history btw. Just 30k refunds directly by cdpr. And average numbers for everything else.

I'm not trying to logically explain anything. I'm saying they gave everyone that wanted it their money back.

Last edited:

ZehDon

ZehDon ZehDon " you're throwing around words like "fraud" Sir.....when you take money from an investor and lie about the state of a game, then proceed to order reviewers to NOT SHOW FOOOTAGE of said game on several platforms, this is fraud.

You are lying about something, you are receiving money based on the information you are giving.

Its as text book fraud as it comes my dude. As to why they are fucking getting sued by several parties.

"From games that could brick your console" Of games you can't fucking list. You know of a major AAA release where that was happening to this scale? I'd love to hear it.

"to games that are nine years in early access" This game is taking money, while they still develop the game to fucking correct it WITHOUT TELLING CONSUMERS IT WAS EARLY ACCESS, I'd argue this is worse.

Early Access is known. This was not. You are basically proving my point as this game does that, without anyone knowing before hand that is what they where planning to piecemeal out the game thru features and patches and updates. We are waiting for a patch to make the AI like a normal game...... just stop bud.
No, that's not fraud. You really, really need to learn what that word means. Throwing it around with abandon makes the rest of your points impossible to take seriously.

"A major AAA game to this scale"? [movinggoalposts.gif]. So, we've already moved from "worst offender" to "worst AAA game to this scale" offender? Should we go just ahead and move all the way to "worst last-generation AAA base-console release of 2020" - which is actually in the realm of reality, and something I could actually see an argument for? If you think scamming thousands and thousands of backers out of their money and providing no game is worse than Cyberpunk 2077 offering a full refund for every copy of the game if you were unhappy with it, then you're done, friend. That's a non-sense position no sane person could possibly hold and I won't waste my time dealing with it.

"Make the AI like a normal game"? What are you even talking about? Nothing you're saying aligns to reality. And you didn't answer my question: did you accept a refund for Cyberpunk 2077?

Best game in years

maxresdefault-4-1024x576.jpg

EDMIX

No, that's not fraud. You really, really need to learn what that word means. Throwing it around with abandon makes the rest of your points impossible to take seriously.

"A major AAA game to this scale"? [movinggoalposts.gif]. So, we've already moved from "worst offender" to "worst AAA game to this scale" offender? Should we go just ahead and move all the way to "worst last-generation AAA base-console release of 2020" - which is actually in the realm of reality, and something I could actually see an argument for? If you think scamming thousands and thousands of backers out of their money and providing no game is worse than Cyberpunk 2077 offering a full refund for every copy of the game if you were unhappy with it, then you're done, friend. That's a non-sense position no sane person could possibly hold and I won't waste my time dealing with it.

"Make the AI like a normal game"? What are you even talking about? Nothing you're saying aligns to reality. And you didn't answer my question: did you accept a refund for Cyberpunk 2077?

fraud
/frôd/
Learn to pronounce

noun

1. wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

When they told investors the game was running "fine" on last gen, they got money to fund the game. This was a lie, they gained something from the lie.

When they said it was running fine, they hid reviews on those platforms so they can keep getting sales on pre-orders to get money, based on the lie....this sir, is literally fraud.

"And you didn't answer my question: did you accept a refund for Cyberpunk 2077?" Its not about me, stop looking for strawman arguments and going off topic. I own the game day 1, let a friend borrow it after I was done, so didn't get a refund, but me personally doing that doesn't have shit to do with the topic at hand. Its irrelevant. I'm not sure how if I returned it or not has to do with them lying to investors and hiding reviews. It doesn't make that disapper or anything.

I see no reason to really be out here pretending the AI is next gen and revolutionary. We have actual footage of how shit it is, we literally can play it and give you REAL EXAMPLES of how bad it is. You don't even give any reason arguing against this, simply "you not in da reality". Let me show you....

What am I suppose to say to this shit? Revolutionary? A 20 year old game has better AI with NPC, but hey I'm suppose to say NOTHING about the AI? You show me how advance it is if I"m wrong

Last edited:

Little Chicken

Gold Member
It was probably just taken off PSN so Sony didn't have to issue any more refunds. There are other "broken" games still available for purchase like Just Cause 3.

ZehDon

fraud
/frôd/
Learn to pronounce

noun

1. wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

Terrific, you're Googling. A step in the right direction at least. Now, kindly explain in detail how CDPR committed fraud? You'll need to apply special emphasis on the "criminal deception" component of this definition in order to establish legal culpability here; negligence will not be sufficient for a conviction. I might suggest starting with CDPR's prospectus, as they're a publicly traded company, which will detail their pitch to investors.

Zambayoshi

Whilst I can only speak for my own experience, I played through the game twice totalling about 150 hours on PS4 Pro (after the 1.2 patch) and it was acceptable for me, in that I didn't get pulled out of the game by bugs apart from the odd blue screen (probably caused by leaving the game running for too long). Yes, there were a number of visual bugs - most notably for me some items that couldn't be picked up due to having merged into the world - but I didn't feel that the overall gameplay experience was poorer for it. I would say that the quality will only get better as the devs iron out the bugs, but the biggest thing for me was not a bug per se, but the fact that the open world seemed a little empty - i.e. not much to do apart from drive around and kill random groups of thugs once all quests/gigs/events had been completed. I get the feeling that the world-building was over-ambitious and had to be scaled back in terms of content variety to get the game released. It would be cool if there were expansions or other DLC to add more content to the world, especially post-game.

harmny

Banned
It wasn't deception from CDPR management. They just didn't want to jeopardize the high pre-order numbers and needed base console players to beta test the game.
That is why they deliberately withheld console footage.

Absolutely nothing wrong here.

First fraud in history where the perpetrator volunteers to give you back your money

Terrific, you're Googling. A step in the right direction at least. Now, kindly explain in detail how CDPR committed fraud? You'll need to apply special emphasis on the "criminal deception" component of this definition in order to establish legal culpability here; negligence will not be sufficient for a conviction. I might suggest starting with CDPR's prospectus, as they're a publicly traded company, which will detail their pitch to investors.

3 second google search:

Fourth law firm suing CD Projekt S.A. for securities fraud

Last edited:

EDMIX

The post is edited and you can read the reasons yourself.

With several parties suing, they will likely settle out of court.

They lied about the state of the game on last gen and in general to receive investor money.

They proceed to hide reviews on those versions.

This shows, they are not making a mistake here, they are aware of something they don't want to publicly show before release, BUT want to say something else to receive money by investors.

The investors have a very strong case. If its running fine, why are they hiding the game on those versions and stopping reviewers from talking about it? If its fine, why are we months later with them still trying to patch out so many issues? So...running fine doesn't mean months later we still have dog shit AI, hiding reviews on those versions, millions of returns etc. They have a very strong case for fraud as this literally is the text book definition of it.

You lied to get something, when you got it, you continued to support the lie by trying to hide something. If its running fine, what reason do they have to order reviewers to show no footage? Why is it still in this state months later if it simply a few patches? It shows something is known by them, yet they are saying something else to receive funding.

Kerotan

And yet the second year pc was already ahead 43% to 42%. Ps fanboys are blind or what?
Add up the first 3 years. These are the years it sells at the highest price. Ps4 is king. All those ps4 players buying full price are worth 7 of the cheap asses buying it for $10 4 years later on pc.

harmny

Banned
Add up the first 3 years. These are the years it sells at the highest price. Ps4 is king. All those ps4 players buying full price are worth 7 of the cheap asses buying it for $10 4 years later on pc.

worth 6 not 7. i see you are already used to getting fleeced by sony.

ZehDon

harmny

Banned
Interesting that securities fraud is a Class C felony, punishable by up to twenty years in prison, three years of supervised release, and $5 million in fines.

cdpr is based in poland. a class c felony doesn't exist there. they settle problems with a kielbasa contest. cdpr doesn't care.

Last edited:
At last, someone with something to prove their position! That article is six months old by the way; they recently consolidated the lawsuits into one for common court proceedings. So then, CDPR has not committed fraud, and they're working to resolve the legal matters as quickly as possible. Feel free to come back if the court rules against them and finds them guilty of fraud.
I'm just a messenger. You questioned the other guy about CDPR committing fraud. I googled and found that they were being sued for it.
Have no idea how this new mega claim is going to pan out but it's not looking good for CDPR.
Never heard of a game so good that the developer is going to be taken to court for it.

Finished it on PC. There were a few bugs I encountered, but luckily it didn't stop me from finishing the game.

I can't imagine trying to enjoy this game on PS4/XBone, just better to wait until you get PS5/SeriesX.
It was horrible on PS4 Pro. It crashed to blue screen more often in the city center than the barren desert outer sections of the map. Actually avoided the city as much as i could during my playthrough.

On PC the game looks stellar though but haven't played it on that platform.

I can see it as retaliation but I don't think they're gonna go down this path much longer, it's not good for business.
I totally agree they still didn't greenlight it as a punishment (and to avoid additional drama), but that's a dangerous game to play in the eyes of all other partners.

I expect the game to come out once the next-gen patch will go out. If that'll ever happen, of course.
I expect them to continue this path. The game is unfixable for last gen, it's complete garbage. I do believe they are gonna años next gen version though.

ZehDon

I'm just a messenger. You questioned the other guy about CDPR committing fraud. I googled and found that they were being sued for it.
Have no idea how this new mega claim is going to pan out but it's not looking good for CDPR.
Never heard of a game so good that the developer is going to be taken to court for it.
When cases can be combined in court, it's because they're effectively the same case as far as the court is concerned. This is actually helpful for the defendant, as they don't need to prepare different defences for the different cases. It speeds everything up for the court too, which is why they're happy to do it when its applicable.

As for the latter, read into early games of 90s. I remember games like Doom and Mortal Kombat being taken to court, and ultimately winning, for their violence. In that case... games were literally taken to court because of how good/realistic their graphics were. A tangent, I know, but it's worth noting it does happen.

Top Bottom