• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt says it’s still waiting for Sony’s approval to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to the PlayStation Store

Rikkori

Not gonna lie, I love the game & still think it's the 2nd best open-world game out right now, and a masterpiece in many ways, but even I am disappointed with the lacklustre pace of patching. There's still so much content & QOL and other minor things they should add, it's pretty meh to see them not even move an inch in 6 months. In particular there's a lot of life they've got to inject into Pacifica, because it's clear there was a LOT of stuff that got cut in that region. Dunno what they're thinking but they've gotta step it up! I don't want to leave Night City bruddahs...

jk5q47gak6171.png

GHG

Gold Member
I don't know why you're trying to make everybody look bad when it's you. You made a bad comparison so people called you out. Then you said you were just joking and you don't care, but you kept replying to every post digging that hole deeper. Then you moved the goalpost to a different bad comparison. And now everyone that argues is because they love Sony and you're just that neutral observer being attacked by fanboys. Give me a break.

It's the same every time.

attacked-attack.gif

I wish this game on every platform but I always find amusing how some people really think some developers can't exist without playstation.
oh im sure they can, but i doubt they will want to..

i think Witcher 3 sold better on Playstation if im not mistaken...
and with the Fan base of ppl that bought it on PS would just send a lot of bad PR to the game thru twitter knowing how gamers work..
i dont think CDPR want to deal with all that after coming off Cyberpunk and that would be a lot of money left on the table

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
We talking about days gone release?
Obviously the rules are applied differently to their own games.
I wonder why Sony's 'quality control' applies to one but not the other 🤔
I think it has more to do with CDPR dictating that players were entitled to refunds on PlayStation without coordinating with Sony first. I'm sure there is a behind the scenes drama as well with CDPR outright lying to Sony about the ability of the dev team to fix the game with day one patches. When I worked for a publisher our team would always negotiate what fixes we would include in day one patches in an effort to not push back major launches of games, even if they were VERY broken.

need i remind you of No Mans Sky which Sony fully sponsored?
No Mans Sky was playable since day 1. It released barebones. Nothing to do with the state Cyberpunk is on base consoles.
"""Playable"""

I was one of the people there just so you know. And i don't even dislike the game.

No man's sky was actually really solid at launch. The problem was they never told buyers they were launching without all the features they hyped up for months. They constantly talked about what the game was going to be like, but failed to mention it would take years to get there.

Flabagast

The game is now pretty playable on PS4, even if there are still some crashes, bugs and low frame rate at times. It would not have been delisted had it launched in its current state.

i guess it going back to PSN is not too far off. It should happen in the summer

Aenima

Hold on, so I purchased Cyberpunk at launch. It was wack as e all know so I deleted it and never thought about it again, figuring I would download it again when things get patched up or maybe when the next gen versions release.

So if I want to play this game right now I can't download it? Even though I've purchased it?
You can download it and play it if you already bought it. The game was just delisted to prevent new purchases.

All I see is The Witcher 4 timed exclusive for a year on xbox.
Didn't Witcher 3 sell considerably better on PS4 despite not even having the first two games on PlayStation. Mass Effect is still thought of as an Xbox franchise, yet the new LE sold much higher on PS4/PS5.

CDPR and other publishers need Sony a whole hell of a lot more than Sony needs them.

skit_data

Too bad, I’ve completely lost interest. Each day that goes by makes me less inclined to buy it once it releases. That ship sailed along with the chairs on every streamer channel. Im not going to reward their behaviour pre- and post release.

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned
Didn't Witcher 3 sell considerably better on PS4 despite not even having the first two games on PlayStation. Mass Effect is still thought of as an Xbox franchise, yet the new LE sold much higher on PS4/PS5.

CDPR and other publishers need Sony a whole hell of a lot more than Sony needs them.
That's true, I never said exclusive forever tho. It's just too good of an opportunity for Microsoft to write a check and be petty together with CDPR. You know playstation has done the same thing with limited time exclusives and again, their games sell better on PC, so they'll be fine if they do that.

R6Rider

Gold Member
And the objective guy strike again. Come on, I want to hear Days are gone was in the same state of Cyberpunk.
Don't bother. He posted something even dumber recently about Sony having longer times of releasing a game after revealing it only to be embarrassed and disappeared from the thread.

EDMIX

giphy.gif

This whole affair... What a farrago...
This game should have been released in Fall 2021 - not Dec 2020.

Even now, I'm legit doubtful of even Fall 2021 as getting this game where it needed to be.

This game literally feels like its not a few months off....its a few YEARS OFF. Entire systems don't exist and or are broken, you literally have text in the game about features that don't exist in the game...... If by fall it has a police system with chases, the AI behaves like actual normal games, no wide spread crashes etc, then shit maybe I'm wrong, but the more this goes on, it shows they were no where near ready to put this game out.

This may be the dumbest thing ever posted on NeoGAF... and I've read all 4,000+ pages of the next-gen speculation thread.
He's not wrong though.

Gamers got duped - That preorder number would not have been as high if people knew the myriad of performance/bugs issues beforehand. Many blindly pre-ordered (myself included) based solely on hype and promise.
Reviewers likely got duped - Not allowed to show console performance before launch day.
CDPR shareholders likely got misled as well.

CDPR is facing investor and player lawsuits on top of an investigation from the Polish Office of Competition and Consumer Protection.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
He's not wrong though.

Gamers got duped - That preorder number would not have been as high if people knew the myriad of performance/bugs issues beforehand. Many blindly pre-ordered (myself included) based solely on hype and promise.
Reviewers likely got duped - Not allowed to show console performance before launch day.

CDPR is facing investor and player lawsuits on top of an investigation from the Polish Office of Competition and Consumer Protection.

Could've fell for it myself if it had a PS5 version. Glad it wasn't ready, half a year and it's still not there as well! All after the goodwill that's been built by The Witcher 3, and that goodwill has went to the shitter now.

You can't afford not to bend over for the market leader that sells the biggest chunk of multiplats, CDPR needs money.

Will play it when it's for free on PS Plus.
it's easy to do if they have a deal with MS. They will foot the bill, and it will just be another western RPG playstation players will not be able to play unless they have a capable pc or an xbox series console. People need to get the idea that being on playstation is the only way a company can make money.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
it's easy to do if they have a deal with MS. They will foot the bill, and it will just be another western RPG playstation players will not be able to play unless they have a capable pc or an xbox series console. People need to get the idea that being on playstation is the only way a company can make money.

That would cost hundreds of millions for 1 year exclusivity when the console isn't even leading, not to mention the recent mindshare among Xbox fanbase of not buying new games as usual would even make the deal harder to swallow for CDPR.

Kerotan

PC is their biggest market. Not saying it will happen but Microsoft is very capable, people should know that by now.
Didn't witcher 3 initially sell best on ps4 and that's when copies are full price? Since then PlayStation has gained even more market share over xbox so witcher 4 on ps5 would be huge.

HawarMiran

Banned
Eh, Anthem and Fallout 76 come to mind. Neither got removed from PSN either.

Not really salty, just amazed at the double standards of some people.
Lets all jump on the hate bandwagon for CP2077, but Its ok when sony does it
I played shortly after release and had none of the problems in the vids you baboon. Don't compare the shitshow Cyberpunk 2077 to Days Gone

That would cost hundreds of millions for 1 year exclusivity when the console isn't even leading, not to mention the recent mindshare among Xbox fanbase of not buying new games as usual would even make the deal harder to swallow for CDPR.
That mindshare are from playstation fanboys. MS can always cover the cost. Also if it boosts gamepass and consoles sold, it's a win for MS to pay CDPR. If the only way was to make money was from playstation no game would survive that isn't on playstation, and we know that's not true. The pc market alone would be enough for CDPR. So they will get those sales, the sales on xbox, and the pay incentive from MS they will be fine.

Ezquimacore

Banned
Didn't witcher 3 initially sell best on ps4 and that's when copies are full price? Since then PlayStation has gained even more market share over xbox so witcher 4 on ps5 would be huge.
Well it's not their biggest market right now considering CP2077 has been banned 6 months on the playstation store.

harmny

Banned
He's not wrong though.

Then why didn't they refund the game?

Ezquimacore

Banned
That mindshare are from playstation fanboys. MS can always cover the cost. Also if it boosts gamepass and consoles sold, it's a win for MS to pay CDPR. If the only way was to make money was from playstation no game would survive that isn't on playstation, and we know that's not true. The pc market alone would be enough for CDPR. So they will get those sales, the sales on xbox, and the pay incentive from MS they will be fine.
that's what I'm saying but they REALLY think they REALLY need them.

ZehDon

He's not wrong though.

He is absolutely wrong. "Worst of the worst". Really? In world where GaaS exists, Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't even place among the "worst" of the year it came out, let alone "worst of the worst". It's impossible to take such hyperbole seriously.

"Gamers got duped". Sure... but not in the way you mean. Did the base consoles get a sub-par stripped down version of a game that simply outpaced the hardware? Yeah, they sure did. Where they each and every one offered refunds? Yeah... and that's actually what prompted Sony to pull the game - because their refund policy is so trash it would be absolutely torn apart if it was challenged in court (see: the ACCC tearing Valve a new one, granting us all Steam's generous refund policy). Anyone still holding their Cyberpunk 2077 copies for last gen consoles is doing so in acceptance of the game. Gamers got duped into thinking Sony was doing something for them - Sony was covering its ass so it can continue to have a terrible refund policy and anyone agreeing with it got completely duped.

"Reviewers likely got duped". No, you're passing the buck. They agreed to the embargo terms in full as they were presented to them. YouTubers like Skill-Up refused to accept the embargo terms and put out their reviews later than the those who did to ensure they gave a fair representation of the game. Reviewers weren't duped at all, and if you think they were, you were duped by them into thinking they're blame free for not providing accurate coverage. Reviewers knew exactly what they were doing.

Shareholders obviously weren't duped and you obvious know this which is why you posted half a sentence with literally nothing to support it. You're better than that, friend. And I don't care about law suits; every platform holder is currently being sued for controller drift issues.

I'm a gamer, I care about the game. And Cyberpunk 2077 was easily the best game I played last year. I had precisely zero issues. Now, other players had issues, and that's fair enough - they were offered full refunds for their game regardless of platform. What more did you want? Honest question: what more did actually want than a full, no-questions-asked refund for every copy of the game? Anyone who took a refund has nothing to complain about because they lost nothing. Anyone who didn't take a refund has nothing to complain about because they accepted the game and kept it. The only people left complaining are running on empty, spouting click-bait "stay angry gamerz! without respect we reject!" YouTuber non-sense.

EDMIX

Can you find bugs for every game that's ever released? Yes.

Are the number of bugs in some games worse than others? Yes.

Is there a high profile game in recent memory that has been worse than Cyberpunk 2077 in terms of bugs? No.

You can stop being a disingenuous fuck now.
Absolutely agreed it's not even saying that days gone is the greatest game of all time or anything weird like that but the very thing the designers wanted was properly conveyed.

You have an open world game with a vehicle where you get chased by hordes zombies the very thing they're saying you can do in the game is about is very much about that.

So as a person that literally purchased both games day one, days gone may have had a few technical issues but nothing that stopped me from playing the game for weeks on end or anything like that, I would say the majority of the bugs are kind of standard stuff you see from Big open-world releases, it's not like they had a fucking system setup where zombies just appeared behind you or out of thin air or just materialized from nowhere

Days gone did not have so any fucking feature stripped from it that you have a game where specific menu items are telling you pieces of information that don't exist within the game. I have only had that experience with cyberpunk 2077 I'm not sure I could tell you any game that I've ever played where something like that has occurred where the fucking game had so many strip features inside of the game literally has elements that have no place being there because they are not functional because of some rushed release.

So I think anyone trying to compare days gone to cyberpunk is completely out of their element because I don't really believe we have any real example of something like cyberpunk Jesus Christ I can't even tell you something like the division or Destiny or anything like that because even with those games the very thing they're telling you it is, is what was released.

So I could excuse a few technical issues what I can't excuse is a literally lying to consumers in your own investors about the state of the game and very specific elements that literally do not exist in the game even and fucking trailer the leading up to the damn release their telling you about functionality that does not exist in the game. To the problems that existed in cyberpunk I just don't see as any real comparable. I would argue they set precedence for garbage releases with such a budget.

We have no other example tbh.

ZehDon ZehDon "Really? In world where GaaS exists, Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't even place among the "worst""

I greatly disagree I would argue cyberpunk as one of the worst offenders I've seen in a long time as trying to make it sound like game as a service is as bad as it gets in my opinion is simply trying to make it seem as if someone else must be worse than them

At the very least games-as-a-service is completely upfront with what the fuck they are doing so whether you like it or not is completely irrelevant at the very least they're fucking telling you what the product is

Cyberpunk 2077 literally is outright lying about multiple features that don't fucking exist in the game......

I don't give a shit what the genre is or what they're going for but you can't really tell me just because you like a different product model that's somehow it's worse than lying to consumers.

""Gamers got duped". Sure... but " No bud, they got duped. PERIOD. Thats it.

You may not like GAAS, but a game type that you disagree with is not lying to consumers, is not a illegal thing that would cause lawsuits or removed from PSN etc. Shit, I don't play games like that, but they are upfront with what they are in terms of online games. They are not out here lying to people about the state of the game, stripping features and then lying to investors. Its not like that is in the guide for making a GAAS to really be out here making it sounds like its "worse".

Nahhhh

Thats like me saying cause I hate sports games, Madden is "worse" then CDPR lying to consumers, investors and being thrown the fuck off PSN.

"Shareholders obviously weren't duped" Nah, they told them the game was fine, the fucking patches, crashes and apology Youtube video shows otherwise. If not them to know the state of their game, then who? They took people's money and lied about the current state of the game, the very fucking product the shareholders are investing in. Sir, that is against the law, its literally fraud.

Last edited:

laynelane

Just got to get it to "good enough" status...

"every patch the game gets better and there is a visible progress"

...and Sony will put it back on the store, right? I have zero sympathy for CDPR in this situation. Even after all the backlash, it seems like they still haven't learned much.

harmny

Banned
Could've fell for it myself if it had a PS5 version. Glad it wasn't ready, half a year and it's still not there as well! All after the goodwill that's been built by The Witcher 3, and that goodwill has went to the shitter now.

It reminds me of the goodwill naughty dog lost when they mislead gamers into thinking joel would be going in an adventure with Ellie in tlou2 and then they played the game. I would say what nd did is even worse tbh

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
It reminds me of the goodwill naughty dog lost when they mislead gamers into thinking joel would be going in an adventure with Ellie in tlou2 and then they played the game.

Depends on the person. I got fed up with expected, generic scenarios that heroes are untouchable. TLOU2 was a wonderful game, the most awarded in the gaming industry for a reason.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
Depends on the person. I got fed up with expected, generic scenarios that heroes are untouchable. TLOU2 was a wonderful game, the most awarding in the gaming industry for a reason.

Sure. Ellie is untouchable in that game though. She should've died ten times.

They still misleaded gamers by spending resources on creating a fake trailer that included Joel.
Cyberpunk is a wonderful game too.

So you see. Misleading gamers is totally fine

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Sure. They still mislead gamers by spending resources on creating a fake trailer that included Joel.
Cyberpunk is a wonderful game too.

So you see. Misleading gamers is totally fine

Glad they did so of that fake Joel trailer, it would've been a massive spoiler. Cyberpunk probably has a wonderful story, but it needs to be "playable" at least and to work. Gameplay wise AI is something brought from before PS1 era, police poping in just behind you out of thin air.

I mean I played the game and finished it. Yes I had to sit through blue screen crash after blue screen crash on top of other game breaking bugs but I won't go back to it even if they do put it back on the PSN store.
But with all that I did get my money back so I'm happy for that at least.
Still I'm angry for the missed opportunity with this game. There is so much potential with the Cyberpunk world.

Top Bottom