• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt says Cyberpunk 2077 performance has reached ‘a satisfying level’

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

CEO Adam Kiciński commented during a WSE Innovation Day conference (via TVN24) that the developer now feels it is able to dedicate more attention to improving other elements of the game, such as common complaints around game systems and features.

The majority of the company’s 600 employees will continue to work on updates to Cyberpunk 2077 and the new-gen console version planned for release later this year, he said.

“We have reached a satisfying level in this regard,” the CEO said regarding the current stability and performance of the game.

“We have also been working on improving the overall quality, which we are also quite happy about. Of course, we also removed bugs and visual glitches and we will continue to do that,” he said. “Over time, we will also be introducing improvements to the general game systems that players have highlighted.”

Asked at the WSE Innovation Day conference how the return to PlayStation had affected sales of Cyberpunk 2077, vice president Piotr Nielubowicz said the company had a policy of not providing detailed sales data outside of key milestones.

“We provide data when they reach milestones or accumulate to a specific amount,” he said. “Therefore, now we will not comment on these results after two days.”

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

SliChillax

I mean I kinda agree. Its not great but its not unplayable on base consoles (framerate wise). I've played games with worse performance tbh. The problem with cyberpunk is the bugs, if the game was more polished people would have tolerated the horrible performance like they do with other good games with bad performance.

CEO Adam Kiciński commented during a WSE Innovation Day conference (via TVN24) that the developer now feels it is able to dedicate more attention to improving other elements of the game, such as common complaints around game systems and features.

The majority of the company’s 600 employees will continue to work on updates to Cyberpunk 2077 and the new-gen console version planned for release later this year, he said.

“We have reached a satisfying level in this regard,” the CEO said regarding the current stability and performance of the game.

“We have also been working on improving the overall quality, which we are also quite happy about. Of course, we also removed bugs and visual glitches and we will continue to do that,” he said. “Over time, we will also be introducing improvements to the general game systems that players have highlighted.”

Asked at the WSE Innovation Day conference how the return to PlayStation had affected sales of Cyberpunk 2077, vice president Piotr Nielubowicz said the company had a policy of not providing detailed sales data outside of key milestones.

“We provide data when they reach milestones or accumulate to a specific amount,” he said. “Therefore, now we will not comment on these results after two days.”

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF
Ok Its hard to disagree that they've made improvements on performance on consoles as they have. DF did a review on that and they're getting there.

Its getting increasingly hard to dump on them cause they're doing what they need to to fix the game.

The bolded part is what gets me really excited for this game. Bring back those features you promised in those trailers and this game will become the legendary experience it was meant to be.
Going by the recent performance patches, I may just repurchase this game on PS5 in the near future.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
The bolded part is what gets me really excited for this game. Bring back those features you promised in those trailers and this game will become the legendary experience it was meant to be.
Which ones? Considering the marketing material for this game was stacked with misrepresentations, and in some instances clear lies, I don’t see how it’s possible.

Last edited:
Which ones? Considering the marketing material for this game was stacked with misrepresentations, and in some instances clear lies, I don’t see how it’s possible.
that the developer now feels it is able to dedicate more attention to improving other elements of the game, such as common complaints around game systems and features.

I think some of the promised game systems they had in mind are there. I watched a couple youtube videos some time ago of people pointing to evidence that other game features were removed from the final game or they just didn't have the time to implement them.

They got dragged over the coals from the gaming community and the polish government for the shambles of a launch and surely CDPR are not that stupid to shoot themselves in the foot again to promise this and that and not deliver.
They have a reputation to repair and I fully believe that is what they're focused on by making good on their promises for this game.

Only thing I don't agree with is them releasing a fucking roadmap for these fixes. That's putting unnecessary pressure on themselves to deliver on time.

yuadesa

Ok Its hard to disagree that they've made improvements on performance on consoles as they have. DF did a review on that and they're getting there.

Its getting increasingly hard to dump on them cause they're doing what they need to to fix the game.

Going by the recent performance patches, I may just repurchase this game on PS5 in the near future.

They released enhanced editions of the first two witcher games, with substantial changes to both of them. They have said in the past they want the witcher and cyberpunk to be their two tentpole franchises, so unless they change their mind I don't think it's outlandish for them to do some major revamping of 2077. They have burned some goodwill for sure, but I've enjoyed too many of their games to completely dismiss them yet. Everyone makes mistakes, its how you recover and act in the future that sets you apart.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
CD Projekt says Cyberpunk 2077 performance has reached ‘a satisfying level’
Subjective comments mean nothing. To them, they already released 2077 in December in a state they should was a-ok too. Look how that turned out.

I'll play the game one day. Waiting for next gen patch which they claimed according to their fancy roadmap would be somewhere in Q3.

I mean I kinda agree. Its not great but its not unplayable on base consoles (framerate wise). I've played games with worse performance tbh. The problem with cyberpunk is the bugs, if the game was more polished people would have tolerated the horrible performance like they do with other good games with bad performance.
The problem wasn't the bugs or the frame rate. The problem is that it's not the game they promised, not even half the game.

They released enhanced editions of the first two witcher games, with substantial changes to both of them. They have said in the past they want the witcher and cyberpunk to be their two tentpole franchises, so unless they change their mind I don't think it's outlandish for them to do some major revamping of 2077. They have burned some goodwill for sure, but I've enjoyed too many of their games to completely dismiss them yet. Everyone makes mistakes, its how you recover and act in the future that sets you apart.
Everyone does make mistakes. Cyberpunk's launch was an unforced error. No one forced them to develop this lofty ambitious game for old gen. They had the tech in mind. They knew what was needed to run the game. Such a dense open world game was always going to struggle on old gen with mechanical drives and tablet tier CPU's.

Or maybe they just couldn't ignore the large install base of old gen $$$$$$.

That said the game has tons of potential. Can just see it when you're playing it. I'm picking it up again next month when my PS5 arrives. A stable game at 60FPS is all I could ask for at this moment in time.

Alebrije

Sorry CDPR I erased the game from my PS5 because enemies dessapearing under the floor spoils the game...

Hello Games took year to fix NMS and CDRP after few month says they feel good with the current estate of the game..?? This is the definition of mediocrity

Last edited:

Mozzarella

Great news, let the haters go wild, they mean its good performance wise regarding fps and bugs and crashes which i agree to a level, they have reached acceptable level for an open world rpg eurojank. Now they can hopefully add new stuff, like maybe fix the A.I and fix the traffic fix how NPC disappear, how they have clones, add stuff..etc, those are the things that most people want i guess. So that is good news that they finished working on performance.

Also by haters i mean people who just want to hate on the game 24/7 not the people with valid criticism because the game has a lot of issues, but hearing this kind of news its probably for the better because most of what people keep asking about are probably those issues that they are going to solve.
But still maybe they disappoint again and dont fix anything significant so there is a possiblity still that its all crap talk and all they will fix is some irrelevant stuff, but i doubt that, with all the loud complaints they must have some trick up their sleeve.

Last edited:

Iamborghini

They don’t have a choice tbh. Who’s gonna buy their next game if C2077 remains in this state ? Now they must regain the trust of the gamers.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
They don’t have a choice tbh. Who’s gonna buy their next game if C2077 remains in this state ? Now they must regain the trust of the gamers.
Trust of shareholders too.

Stock topped out at about 450 polish zloty right before launch. Then it nosedived, rebounded a bit, and now at 180. It bottomed at 150 a month ago. So it is rebounding off the lows, but still down about 60%.

Anyone able to buy their stock might have a bargain on their hands at 180.

Vagswarm

I recently played through it on PC and for the most part it ran really good. Damn shame they did not launch it that way.
Great to hear. I recently picked it up on sale and have been apprehensive about firing it up because of all the negativity.

So they think it's ok and on top of that they charge us $50 for a 7 months old game that's not even half of what they promised and still has a lot of bugs? That's the biggest "fuck you" I've ever seen from a developer, let alone a developer of this size. Even Hello Games, and indie developer, had the shame to do things right. My god, what a fucking horrible company, I'll never buy any game from you again.

Just recently got a 3080 Ti. I haven't even built it into my new rig yet. I'm just adventurous enough to do some testing on my current rig. Cyberpunk running super smooth with DLSS, 4k, 60FPS all settings maxed out. minus 2 with the Psycho. settings. I want to go Ultra Wide 120HZ. I wish I could have copped a 3090, but I'll settle and go with EVGA Step-up Program. This game looks so damned good. It's mindblowing why they didn't let it bake another year. It could have been a-fucking-mazing. Witcher-Status.

Kenpachii

Never had performance issue's on PC to start with, game was buggy and unfinished that's it.

However, why waste your resources on next gen versions nobody cares about. Put your dev team on witcher 4 already, put a skelleton crew that fixes small things and move on.

At this point next gen versions are just holding back development progress.

Last edited:

Dlacy13g

OK then, let's focus on the important things and get the next Gen. Upgrade out now and stop worrying about last Gen. Peasants. 😉

TrueLegend

I have multiple observations on this whole cyberpunk fiasco
  1. I thought Witcher 3 was a step back in the story department from Witcher 2 and was a bit overstretched, but as a product GOTY edition is the product of the decade. It wasn't launched fully optimized but the most cherishable thing about CDPR as a company was their human response unlike Arkham Knight's PR response and Game became optimized as hell. With time it became the most popular essay writing topic among rising YouTubers overhyping it to the extreme level.
  2. Cyberpunk 2077 development cycle fell into a pandemic and people weren't understanding the magnitude of delays required for this game, this reflected in the fall of their share prices and people's extreme level of resentment on Twitter.
  3. Some people were banding against CDPR under the topic of CDPR lacking a progressive approach on LGBTQ representation perhaps fuelled by competitors like EA who would want CDPR to fall on their principles.
  4. The game launched broken on consoles but many people managed to platinum it on PS4, but it was very functional in terms of mechanics on PC. It still crashed a LOT on PC and most definitely needed a lot of fixes all around and was absolutely not ready for launch. No tester would ever greenlight such a product, it was purely an executive decision.
  5. All the evangelists and popularizers of CDPR cranked the hate wagon because now hating CDPR meant more views and subscribers without any substantive criticism.
  6. CDPR actually went to acknowledge and attempted to fix the game where nearly every other publisher hasn't even acknowledged the shitshow performance of their product on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 till date.
  7. There is no point in building a reputation if people would let you off hook completely for the first mistake. The whole industry wants that from CDPR to teach them "see you need PR. Forget playing the good guy you cant even be a decent guy, people are stupid, have you seen how much we make selling players(FIFA) in our game"
  8. Their fall actually made all the major games pushed backed without public outcry, Gotham Knight, Elden Ring, God of War Ragnarok you name it because game development in the current scenario is not easygoing.
  9. Sorry for the long post, but I have an absolute neutral point of view on this game because I was never too much into it because I don't like the genre. I took it for what it was and it nearly delivered. I think they need a more blood and wine level of addon for the package to bring it head-on against the critical purgatory they are in. I am willing to give them second chance.

Last edited:
I really hope they fix it good so more people can experience this gem. I played it on PC when it was released and encountered like two bugs and one crash. It's such a great game, truly one of the best I've played in many years.

Yes, really. I just wish it was way longer and had more meaningful interaction with NPCs as well as more meaningful exploration. Then it would be 10/10, now it's like 9/10 for me.

base

Banned
If they are satisfied with the current state of tge game then don't expect any patches to improve the performance issues.

They must have thought it was satisfactory ar launch. What's the metric? If the game can be sold on playstation or not?

Satisfactory is about the worst thing you can say without saying it still sucks.

They spent over 300 million on this game. I don't think they're gonna give up on it but it'll be a looong road. They rushed it to max the sales on last gen.

Fredrik

Are bugs still a problem on base consoles? I can’t remember last time I saw a big bug on PC. At this point I think it’s great, there is nothing quite like it, first person immersion is the best I’ve experienced outside of Skyrim VR with higgs and vrik mods.

sertopico

The guy who wrote the article was incorrect at translating their statement, and of course everybody is thinking they are trolling us. They say they reached a satisfactory level in fixing the foundations of the game engine, and that now they are confident they can start adding stuff. It basically means additional content and changes to some mechanics that needed attention.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Can they fix the issues with density on PS5? I hadn't played it since December and they've actually downgraded that aspect immensely for some reason, in the city centre driving around for 2 minutes I saw NO CARS.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Obviously the base last-gen versions are still not acceptable, but I do agree it's time to let them go and instead focus on the only versions that should have existed to begin with (PC + next-gen). Now I hope we don't just get the same thing but with smoother visuals and a bit larger crowds, there are clearly other things that need to be revamped before this game can be considered finished. Only then I MIGHT be interested in picking it up (really happy that I dodged the bullet on the original version).

Can they fix the issues with density on PS5? I hadn't played it since December and they've actually downgraded that aspect immensely for some reason, in the city centre driving around for 2 minutes I saw NO CARS.

I would assume this is because there is actually no PS5 version yet, only the PS4 (Pro) version running in back-compat, so all downgrades made to make the game run a little better on the old consoles will affect the PS5 version too. This is one of those things that should (and needs to) be improved with the proper next-gen versions.

Last edited:

nowhat

Their fall actually made all the major games pushed backed without public outcry, Gotham Knight, Elden Ring, God of War Ragnarok you name it because game development in the current scenario is not easygoing.
I don't understand what you're trying to say here. That the fact these games were delayed isn't such a big issue because people saw what Cyberpunk was at launch? If that's your point, you're giving Cyberpunk way too much credit.

Top Bottom