• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt appears be working on more Cyberpunk Edgerunners with studio Trigger

Draugoth

Gold Member
cyberpunk-edgerunners-1024x576.jpg

During a Q&A session following the presentation, Nowakowski was asked to elaborate on CD Projekt’s plans to expand the franchise beyond games, given the success of Edgerunners.

Yes, we do have plans. That’s why we have started cooperating with Anonymous Content [on the live action project]. We want things to happen.

A lot is happening, a lot is planned. Trigger was in 2018 but [Edgerunners] started in 2022, so for a number of years we did not speak about this because it wasn’t ready.

There are plans we’d rather keep quiet until there is something to speak about, until there is really something to discuss, some concreate announcement.
“When the time comes, we’ll tell you. I know I keep repeating it, but yes, the general direction is this – to go this way, this is strategically important for us.

Chief creative officer Adam Badowski then added:

What’s also important is that Trigger, our partner, has certain rules for announcing projects and we have to be compliant with this.

If CD Projekt is working on another Cyberpunk project with Trigger, it might not be more Edgerunners content.

In an interview with Famitsu last October, Edgerunners producer and CD Projekt Red‘s Japan country manager Satoru Honma said there were no plans to continue the story.

I personally would like to continue to work with Japanese studios to produce more anime in the future, partly because we have received very good feedback.

Last edited:
Top Bottom