• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBS picks up CSI: Cyber (Cyber Crime Division of the FBI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

Dis gonna be good!

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/csi-cyber-spinoff-picked-up-to-series/

csi-april-30__140501161046.jpg

The planted CSI spinoff will join offshoot NCIS: New Orleans on the CBS schedule next season. CSI: Cyber was not on the list of four drama pilots picked up to series by CBS earlier today but as we reported, the project was in final negotiations for a pickup, which now has become a reality. Written-executive produced by the CSI team of Carol Mendelsohn, Anthony Zuiker and Ann Donahue, CSI: Cyber stars Patricia Arquette as Avery Ryan, Special Agent in Charge at the Cyber Crime Division of the FBI in Quantico, VA, who is tasked with solving major crimes that start in the mind, live online, and play out into the real world. The planted spinoff aired recently as an episode of CSI to a great response. It is a departure from the forensic DNA of the CSI franchise and is darker as it focuses on cyber crime. Another CSI veteran, former CSI: NY showrunner Pam Veasey, is expected to run the new series. Mendelsohn will continue to be in charge of the mothership series as she has been since the beginning. The pickup marks Arquette’s return to primetime at the network where she last starred in Medium.

Oh boy!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
It's one thing to have terribly inaccurate tech side stories in a procedural.. it's another to have an entire show based around it.

CSX

My sister watched the episode of CSI where the main character of this spinoff was introduced. She said it was pretty good. Liked the character

I'm sure they know real life cyber crime makes for seat of your pants television so they're going to work night and day in researching it in order to better recreate it.

lulz.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I'd suggest a drinking game keyed on just "hack the mainframe", "rerouting the ..." and "chatrooms", but you'd be dead before the end of the pilot.

iammeiam

I bet their version of heartbleed involves an actual bleeding heart animation. And probably a skull.

There are probably going to be a lot of skull graphics in this show.

Talyn

I'm disappointed that there's only 1, admittedly large, display in that photo. They need a whole array of displays, preferably an entire wall of them to capture the true chaotic nature of hacking the webs on the intertubes.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The backdoor pilot for this was terrible. CSI should be finished altogether honestly.

It is pretty much, I think the longer term prospects for this are not as good as they think.

B.O.O.M

"My guess is this couple was engaged in some 'cyber'"

"good guess detective...get those lights out and check for stains"

"What does that have to do with the crime?"

"nothing but do it anyways..it's a CSI tradition"

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This is going to be so terrible, I can't wait.

One time they identified a suspect by using surveillance camera footage, and getting an image reflected off the victim's eyeball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom