• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

cats suck

cat owners suck too. at least around here.

I live in Los Angeles and there are about a billion cats that roam the streets. my dumbass neighbors keep feeding the strays, and they keep killing every fucking bird, lizard, etc. in the neighborhood. did you know that cats kill 2.4 billion birds in the USA alone every year? and that they contributed to the extinction of 63 species of birds, mammals, and reptiles in the wild and continue to adversely impact a wide variety of other species?

they shit everywhere. and the fucking cat food these idiots leave out attract rats. the cats kill the rats, so now there are dead rats and rotting cat food everywhere.

the cat owners are almost as insufferable. literally every week you see a post on next door about some idiot who is crying due to a coyote eating their cat. there are a fuckload of coyotes in Southern California, you can see them almost every night, next door is filled with stories of people having their cats getting killed by coyotes, yet you're somehow shocked a coyote killed your cat?

the cat owners get all defensive when people tell them to keep their cats indoors, saying shit like "but my cat really wants to go outside!" no shit, it wants to go out and kill other animals for no goddamn reason.

if you own cats and keep them inside, that's fine (I still think cat people are kinda weird tbh). but if you (a) feed strays or (b) let your cat outside, you suck.

thank you for your time.

Last edited:

mansoor1980

Gold Member
cat-stare.gif

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
First of all, doesn’t your municipality have a cat bylaw? If not, advocate For one.

I got 2 cats (and a dog) and they stay inside. I don’t think they suck but I get the issues with them. Cats are usually straight up jerks too. My one cat is one of the worst I have ever known. But, she loves my one daughter and my dog thinks they like to play so I guess I’ll deal with it.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

I live in Los Angeles and there are about a billion cats that roam the streets. my dumbass neighbors keep feeding the strays, and they keep killing every fucking bird, lizard, etc. in the neighborhood. did you know that cats kill 2.4 billion birds in the USA alone every year? and that they contributed to the extinction of 63 species of birds, mammals, and reptiles in the wild and continue to adversely impact a wide variety of other species?

they shit everywhere. and the fucking cat food these idiots leave out attract rats. the cats kill the rats, so now there are dead rats and rotting cat food everywhere.

the cat owners are almost as insufferable. literally every week you see a post on next door about some idiot who is crying due to a coyote eating their cat. there are a fuckload of coyotes in Southern California, you can see them almost every night, next door is filled with stories of people having their cats getting killed by coyotes, yet you're somehow shocked a coyote killed your cat?

the cat owners get all defensive when people tell them to keep their cats indoors, saying shit like "but my cat really wants to go outside!" no shit, it wants to go out and kill other animals for no goddamn reason.

if you own cats and keep them inside, that's fine (I still think cat people are kinda weird tbh). but if you (a) feed strays or (b) let your cat outside, you suck.

thank you for your time.
811520.jpg

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
As any cat person will tell you, cats are very independent and strong willed with a mind of their own and around 2,000 years less domesticity on their time clock compared to dogs. Less domesticity makes them more "wild" in nature and behavior, and they are nobody's fool or servant. Cat lovers admire these characteristics and thus this is why they own them as pets.

Unfortunately, some people are into control, and view a cat's behavior as an annoyance, threat, or a reminder/mirror of shortcomings or deficits in their personalities, behaviors and lives in general. I heard it said Adolf Hitler hated cats because he could not control them, and I can say from personal observation that many people (not all, of course) I have met that dislike cats appear to have some issues regarding bravado, hidden self esteem issues and control problems.

tl;dr ; you might be a misogynist.

Patrick S.

Banned
As any cat person will tell you, cats are very independent and strong willed with a mind of their own and around 2,000 years less domesticity on their time clock compared to dogs. Less domesticity makes them more "wild" in nature and behavior, and they are nobody's fool or servant. Cat lovers admire these characteristics and thus this is why they own them as pets.

Unfortunately, some people are into control, and view a cat's behavior as an annoyance, threat, or a reminder/mirror of shortcomings or deficits in their personalities, behaviors and lives in general. I heard it said Adolf Hitler hated cats because he could not control them, and I can say from personal observation that many people (not all, of course) I have met that dislike cats appear to have some issues regarding bravado, hidden self esteem issues and control problems.

Are you for real? I hope this post is sarcasm? If not, I think you should try being a bit less judgmental, because you don't appear to be very good with your judgment.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Are you for real? I hope this post is sarcasm? If not, I think you should try being a bit less judgmental, because you don't appear to be very good with your judgment.
Actually, I'm quite on point.
My glorious intellect and endless perspicacity allows me to have an almost infailable insight.

Methos#1975

I love cats, but I hate most cat owners. We have four and out dumbass neighbors say we are cruel because we never let them out, in the past 5 years they have had 3 of their cats get smashed on the road in front of our houses.

Lunarorbit

Dog shit actually attracts rats like crazy. I used to work at a wild bird store and during droughts everyone blamed the bird seed under the feeders for rats when it was just the rats looking for water cause marshes water level lowers.

No one on cape cod picks up their dog shit. People will take the disposable bags, pick it up, and then just leave it on walking trails along conservation property. And no one can jsut have 1 dog they have to have multiple. One of my friends tries to convince me to get a dog every time I see him. Fuck that. I don't even have a cat.

Zeroing

Banned
In Portugal every pet has to have a chip, so nobody can abandon them by law either you go to jail or get a big fine. Each city started collecting cats and dogs and done a big campaign for adoption. Problem solved!

I love cats, they are independent and very clever. If a cat is well fed he/she will not hunt.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

thank you for your time.

Is this one of your alts, sircaw sircaw ? Reported for hated speech.

Sakura

Sounds like a problem with where you live OP. Blame the people, not the cats.
Lots of people own cats here, but we don't have stray animals roaming the streets.

did you know that cats kill 2.4 billion birds in the USA alone every year? and that they contributed to the extinction of 63 species of birds, mammals, and reptiles in the wild and continue to adversely impact a wide variety of other species?
I wonder how that compares to humans.

Methos#1975

In Portugal every pet has to have a chip, so nobody can abandon them by law either you go to jail or get a big fine. Each city started collecting cats and dogs and done a big campaign for adoption. Problem solved!

I love cats, they are independent and very clever. If a cat is well fed he/she will not hunt.
The last isn't true. Many well researched studies into cat behaviors and actions have shown that cats will hunt and kill just out of enjoyment

K' Dash

Seek therapy bro.

Raven117

Umm, what?

Aesius

I have a cat because my wife loves them but I’m indifferent to him and leaning towards really disliking him at this point. We have had him for nearly 11 years and I’m sick of the puke, the litter box, the constant whining to go in/out of the back door, the tracked litter everywhere, the scratched furniture, etc. Plus, he’s kind of a mean bastard. He lies in wait at night and attacks us when we walk from the bathroom to the bedroom and has done so for years.

Zeroing

Banned
I have a cat because my wife loves them but I’m indifferent to him and leaning towards really disliking him at this point. We have had him for nearly 11 years and I’m sick of the puke, the litter box, the constant whining to go in/out of the back door, the tracked litter everywhere, the scratched furniture, etc. Plus, he’s kind of a mean bastard. He lies in wait at night and attacks us when we walk from the bathroom to the bedroom and has done so for years.
OK maybe my cat is really special, she never done anything like that, the only weird thing she does is trying to get into the closet and sleep there. I do have a garden and the only thing she hunts is for a good spot to get some sun in the morning.

sircaw

Banned
OK maybe my cat is really special, she never done anything like that, the only weird thing she does is trying to get into the closet and sleep there. I do have a garden and the only thing she hunts is for a good spot to get some sun in the morning.
What the hell is going on at your property, you coming out of the closet, your cat going into the closet.

Would you damn guys make your mind up "lollipop_disappointed:

Top Bottom