• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom will be discontinuing digital sales of Dark Void, Dark Void Zero, and Flock! on Steam Store on May 8th 5:30PM PDT

According to the Steam pages, Capcom will be discontinuing digital sales of Dark Void, Dark Void Zero, and Flock! on Steam Store on May 8th 5:30PM PDT.

8tujaQr.png

GEcMjOj.png

R5qKzgc.png

StereoVsn

Dark Void is 2.91€ on GamePlanet for the next 3 hours if anybody wants to grab a copy.

Also got myself a PS3 physical copy for 3.99€ on a local second hand website in case they remove it on other storefront as well. These physical copies tend to quickly shoot up in price when their digital version disappear.
That is a good idea. Don’t think I have this one, will see if I can find a copy.

buenoblue

I remember playing dark void in 3d using 3d vision on my 120inch projector ☺️

Was actually amazing with the lasers the 3d was great. Good times ☺️

bender

What time is it?
Dark Void is 2.91€ on GamePlanet for the next 3 hours if anybody wants to grab a copy.

Also got myself a PS3 physical copy for 3.99€ on a local second hand website in case they remove it on other storefront as well. These physical copies tend to quickly shoot up in price when their digital version disappear.

That's also the least expensive place to get Flock!. Steam for DVZ.

CamHostage

I remember playing dark void in 3d using 3d vision on my 120inch projector ☺️

Was actually amazing with the lasers the 3d was great. Good times ☺️

Fucking loved the "gimmick" of 3D gaming. Not a necessity for anybody who likes playing games, but it's a bummer to me that the options have pretty much dried up.

(Never tried Dark Void in 3D, I only ever played the demo of the main game and don't remember 3D options in that, but it seems like the kind of game which would have fun stereoscopic effects and would catch my attention longer with the added novelty of 3D.)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Already own Dark Void on Xbox via one of the GwG drops years ago but still, shitty to see games being delisted.

poodaddy

It's a bummer to see this type of thing. Not exactly great games, but still, nothing should be delisted. Are these on GoG? Apparently they have intrusive DRM on Steam, so I don't think I'd care to buy them there, but if they're on GoG I might grab em up before they're gone. If not, eh, not too worried about it.

I guess I fully understand such actions for MP games where buying them now would be stupid with already happened or imminent server closures, but these are all offline, as offline a steam product can be? And we are not right now in a new OS migration phase to some Windows that might kill their functionality.

Also funny that Flock seems to be releasing this year, ie not Flock!. How lazy can a dev be to name a game practically identical to another game? Stellar Blade is already a bit dumb when Blade is a taken name already, but adding an exclamation mark is just stupid.

Top Bottom