• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom, SNK, ARC, Bandai Namco, Arika, Tecmo announce 'Japan Fighting Game Publisher'/Japan Gaming Federation round table stream

Capcom Fighters is live on YouTube, but you might need to go to their channel through YouTube, itself, instead of following the link from the forum.

yurinka

The source English stream seems to be this one, that feeds CapcomFighters and the other ones:

Sadly the guys commentating aren't translating most of the stuff.

Koei Tecmo showing up with nothing, but reminding people they can always give the company money. Also, Harada's just vicious.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

31PEPE2-articleInline.jpg

Futaleufu

I'm glad i was listening this while doing something else, because otherwise this would have been a massive waste of time.

Would have appreciated more from the announcements, but we got about what I expected. The two things I'd fault is not having a better option for non-Japanese speakers and also, prior to the stream starting, the English commenters hyping the future announcements.

Aggelos

Last edited:

SALMORE

what a waste of time ! i ruined my sleep for this crapfest 😖 i only watched for SNK and i was very disappointed , at least they could have showed us a logo or a character art for KOF15 !!

Aggelos

Guys did you see that?
While Youhei Shinbori (DOA6 director) was showing the DOA6 swag, Harada grabbed a poster of Itagaki, flashed it on his webcam, started roasting Shinbori and cracked a couple of jokes while he was at it.

Qn1l3Zb.jpg

yurinka

Announcements of the event, please let me know if I missed other ones:
-Guilty Gear Strive releases this Spring on PS4, PS5, PC and arcade
-Guilty Gear Strive characters announced: Leo Whitefang and Nagoriyuki, next one TBA on Octobe
-Tekken 7 season 4 announced: new moves for all chars, balance patch, online improvements (wifi indicator, have been testing rollback), online 'Tekken Prowess' points
-SFV demo announced, to be released August 5th (all 40 characters for free during 2 weeks)
-SoulCalibur VI DLC character announced: Setsuka, releases August 4th
-Fighting EX Layer is running a rollback netcode beta and working on crossplay
-Samurai Showodn free DLC guest character announced: Gongsun Li (Honor of Kings)
-Samurai Shodown season pass 3 announced
-Bandai Namco announced regional weekend tournaments for Tekken 7 and SoulCalibur VI from September to December
-Some SFV season V characters to be showcased August 5th with devs and guests as Kenny Omega
-KOFXV update wasn't ready due to covid, news coming very soon
-Dragon Ball FighterZ announcements coming this August

I updated the OP

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned
New street fighter event next week aug 5 hosted by Kenny omega they’ll probably reveal some new characters there with in-depth gameplay

Last edited:

yurinka

New street fighter event next week aug 5 hosted by Kenny omega they’ll probably reveal some new characters there with in-depth gameplay
They confirmed that they will reveal season V characters (without specifying the number of characters so it can be from 2 characters to 5 characters) and they will share eSports news and more in that event.

Regarding the 'and more' I assume they will announce the 'SFV trial' already announced in the Japanese stream, that will be released that day, which during a couple of weeks all players will have access to all 40 current characters. Both for current players and new ones, because this is also going to be released as a demo.

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned
not having in person tournaments or evo and all of the cancel culture bullshiet really killed a lot of enthusiasm i had for sf5 but i loved the round table discussion, hopefully capcom delivers next week

Manji Uzuki

Well GG Strive was the only highlight for me. Didn't see Leo coming back but glad he did, its really fun to play. The new samurai guy looks taken directly from a Samurai showdown, seems interesting. Also PS5 version confirmed!

Last edited:
Top Bottom