• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom says it’s ‘just started’ work on Resident Evil Village DLC

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

During a live streamed E3 event, the publisher said: “By popular demand, development has just started on additional DLC for Resident Evil Village. More info later.”

yHLhxUL.jpg

Good. If it's true that is. DLC should only be made after a game is released not before. If it's made before the game was released, then it should automatically be included in the game at no extra charge.

MiguelItUp

Eh, I don't entirely believe them, haha. Majority of the time DLC is included on the internal roadmap and projects overall budget. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time they were send submitting RE8 for cert, they already had other members working on the DLC.

Curious to know if we're gonna get one or multiples like RE7 though...

Valt7786

Remember all those screenshots of gameplay in the village, with Elena etc as possible playable character? Theres your "dlc".

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
The Capcom leak from late last year showed DLC for RE 8 and a lot of other games and info. Thus far, that leak has been 100% accurate. So I don't know why Capcom would say that they just started work on it. Come on, no one is believing that especially since RE 7 had DLC.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

News of the free DLC was published in the company's recent annual integrated report. As part of the lengthy document, which looks back on the studio's year as a whole and also outlines its plans for the future, Capcom's Director and Executive Officer, Yoichi Egawa, spoke briefly about the company's development strategy and how plans for Resident Evil Village would factor into that.

"We will drive our customer management to understand the playing trends and preferences of users while also building a business model for online operations," said Egawa. "Taking into account the situation of our free additional DLC for titles such as Monster Hunter Rise and Resident Evil Village."

Top Bottom