• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Retro Station - Official Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Spark from the MEGA MAN. The RETRO STATION comes from an elegant design which will recall you the old days and the best memory with MEGA MAN and STREET FIGHTER. With the very MEGA MAN style out-looking, the RETRO STATION has special customized full-size joystick and buttons in a proper overall size, and a high quality 8 inch 4:3 LCD display, 1024*768 resolution, to provide you better user experience for retro games. Meanwhile, RETRO STAION can also output HD quality video to a big screen via HDMI interface.

The RETRO STATION has a special sound cavity design, and dual 10W super bass speakers to provide you high quality game audio effect. You can enjoy some built-in game OST with this MEGA MAN sound system.

Only 10 games?!?!

And 4 are different versions of SF2 (granted all are different games but OG SF2 and SSF2 aren't needed if there are Turbo versions). Also Mega Man Soccer 🤮

If they had at least 40 games included, having more SNES and arcade games, but also a few NES ones (Mega Man games, 1943, Gun.Smoke, Mighty Final Fight and Section Z), than I could consider buying.

Last edited:

Dr. Suchong

Only 10 games?!?!

And 4 are different versions of SF2 (granted all are different games but OG SF2 and SSF2 aren't needed if there are Turbo versions). Also Mega Man Soccer 🤮

If they had at least 40 games included, having more SNES and arcade games, but also a few NES ones (Mega Man games, 1943, Gun.Smoke, Mighty Final Fight and Section Z), than I could consider buying.
This.
I understand why people hack these things.

T-Barbs

Amazing device and design but unfortunately, the games' selection is not for me. I forsee a great potential through a future custom firmware exploit though.
This can easily become my favorite scrolling beat' em up station if is priced fairly.

GrayFoxPL

All this to play megaman or SF?

damian lewis bobby axelrod GIF by Billions

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
looking at the fucking abysmall support on extra games for the capcom homearcade,,
you are better off getting that one.. and modding it.

i can't even use that thing as a third party controller.. without buying a 60 dollar modded pcb

-edit- seems the community found a way to mod it to be an external controller. since 6 days or so
now we wait :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
Over 20000 yen, that's a something,
Anyway, neat design, but terrible, well everything else

Kuranghi

Whats the original refresh rate of these games? I want to know why the video is 25fps, is it because the games were 50 and not 60?

mortal

Gold Member
Sort of a cool novelty, but would it kill Capcom to actually make use of their other games? They have a treasure trove of amazing dormant IPs, yet they're always trying to sell people Street Fighter II over and over again.

sn0man

Why hasn’t Capcom come out with a box like this that’s connected to the Internet for other Capcom roms for sale? They could sell it for half and make their money back selling roms of old games back at $5 a pop. At over $200 I’ll just walk right on past this <10 game lineup.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Shouldn't things like Rival Schools, Powerstone etc be classed as retro now?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Super street fighter 2 again in a collection with super turbo. Who wants to play that game? Waste of 10% of the games there.

Buki1

This.
I understand why people hack these things.

At this point I'm pretty sure they just expect people to hack it. Who buys this kind of things? Collectors who doesnt give a damn about games because they wont even unbox it and 40 year old geeks that will install they favourite ROMs anyway. So why they should worry about adding 40 games? They do not target mass market, kids wont drop Fortnite and Roblox to play Cadillacs and Dinosaurs on retro console. This product is aimed at very niche market of old gamers who will hack it day one regardless of what games will be pre-installed.

Last edited:

radewagon

As someone who loves arcade sticks and mini consoles, this one is just baffling. Whose idea was it to put a heavy Megaman focus on a device that is designed to be played with an arcade stick? It's such a profound misunderstanding of the licence that I'm almost insulted by this product's existence.

Ma-Yuan

The game amount and selection sucks. IMHO the capcom arcade stick is much better. But it looks very cute.

Top Bottom