• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Release Schedule 2021-2024 leaked!? (Dragon Dogma Fans, GET ITT!!!)

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
It hits hard in the nostalgia huh? Also, nice avatar pic, is that your cat?

Oh it does. I miss that series. Lovely blend of mellow-speed DMC play and Resident Evil rooms. I'm certain they could evolve it enough to feel new but retain the heart of it to feel like a comfortable return. Maybe more complexity in the swordplay.

Indeed the avatar is my cat Lord Jinx. If you fancy a little tearful read, I wrote a story about him. He passed away in 2018.

Astral Dog

i feel like we are in Resident Evil heaven right now, RE7, RE2 and VILLAGE are fantastic (i will let RE3 slide because it was outsourced) new movie closer in setting/tone to the games, Netflix TV series and RESIDENT EVIL Switch/Revelations 3 <3 🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️

Elias

Smh capcom already having release dates for SF6 editions when SF5 launched barebones and took 2-3 years to get actual content.
They will never learn and NRS will always slap them if they continue like this.
Their goals for SF6 is 3M is total joke for a e-sports/gaas/whatever game.

Considering MK games sell 5-6 million on launch week,SF with proper budget&accessibile gameplay like MH W could do 6-7 million easily.
No, it couldn't. MK has maintained is popularity with pop culture, SF has not.

Imagine cancelling Deep Down and make a sequel to one of the most boring games Capcom ever made (yes i'm talking about Dragon's Dogma)

iZJc4p1.jpg

BootsLoader

Banned
Oh it does. I miss that series. Lovely blend of mellow-speed DMC play and Resident Evil rooms. I'm certain they could evolve it enough to feel new but retain the heart of it to feel like a comfortable return. Maybe more complexity in the swordplay.

Indeed the avatar is my cat Lord Jinx. If you fancy a little tearful read, I wrote a story about him. He passed away in 2018.

Omg he was so beautiful. I am very very sorry for your loss. I myself have 5 cats at the moment and I love every one of them, lost many cats (prefer to burry them) and I know how it hurts. Man you chopped my heart into pieces. I wish that the soul of Lord Jinx Rest In Peace. 😢
So many events happened one close to another. It’s good to see you here and sane after all this. I hope you are doing well and be strong. Console wars aside, we are all people.

Last edited:

yurinka

No, it couldn't. MK has maintained is popularity with pop culture, SF has not.
SF has been leading the FGC tournaments for years and was chosen by Sony as exclusive, MK not.
SF is more popular, specially everywhere in the world outside USA.

Last edited:

Aggelos

Seems there is a 2nd slide, but sounds fake specially RE3R for Switch supposed to be released Jan-March 2020:
Monster Hunter NS G Q4 FY2022
"SHIELD G" Q4 FY2022
Monster Hunter 6 Q2 FY2023
Resident Evil Apocalypse Q3 FY2023
Captain Commando Q4 FY2023
Super Street Fighter 6 Q4 FY2023 (Jan-Mar 2024)
Untitled New IP Q1 FY2024
Final Fight Remake Q2 FY2024
Power Stone Remake Q3 FY2024
Untitled New IP Q4 FY2024
Ultra Street Fighter 6 Q4 FY2024 (Jan-Mar 2025)
Resident Evil Hunk Q4 FY2024
Resident Evil 8 Q4 2020 (Jan-Mar 2021)
Resident Evil 3 Remake Switch Q4 FY2019 (Jan-Mar 2020)????
Munster Hunter Rise Q4 2020 (Jan-Mar 2021)

Capcom-leak.png

It includes many weird Resident Evil names and classic IPs revived. Sound like a fan wish list. But hey, let's hope it's real.

It's probably fake.

Where's Pragmata?

Last edited:

yurinka

It's probably fake.

Where's Pragmata?

Due to its announced release date it's in the other slide. It's very likely the one with the codename Regolith. It may be Shield too, but I bet it's Regolith.

Dr_Salt

There is no RE Outbreak the translation is actually "Outrage" and the punished leaker who leaked RE8 said it is actually the codename for revelations 3.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Omg he was so beautiful. I am very very sorry for your loss. I myself have 5 cats at the moment and I love every one of them, lost many cats (prefer to burry them) and I know how it hurts. Man you chopped my heart into pieces. I wish that the soul of Lord Jinx Rest In Peace. 😢
So many events happened one close to another. It’s good to see you here and sane after all this. I hope you are doing well and be strong. Console wars aside, we are all people.

WORD brother. :messenger_spock:

He was a wise dude. And pissed on your shit if you annoyed him. He is missed and his lessons are with me until I vaporize into a new form.

And thank you <3

Last edited:

nbkicker

Seriously hope we get a look at streetfighter 6 or a new tekken or soul calibur soon, every new console generation has always had a load of fighting game, it seems like its a dying bread now, plus doesnt help that tekken, soul calibur and streetfighter where never ported to run higher for the ps4 pro or ps5 update

yurinka

Seriously hope we get a look at streetfighter 6 or a new tekken or soul calibur soon, every new console generation has always had a load of fighting game, it seems like its a dying bread now, plus doesnt help that tekken, soul calibur and streetfighter where never ported to run higher for the ps4 pro or ps5 update
According to the leaked schedule SF6 was planned for late 2022. With covid pretty likely will have delayed to early 2023. SF5 will get post launch stuff until the end of 2021 and there's a Capcom Cup in February 2022. So pretty likely they will announce and show it there.

yurinka

It's probably fake.

Where's Pragmata?

The hack was real, and formally acknowledged by Capcom. Both images of the schedule were posted in the website of the hacker and seems that Capcom took them down in some mirrors, so they must be real. But game delays or unannounced games getting canned is something frequent so you shouldn't take the list as something that will happen 100% like that.

Pragmata was originally planned for 2022 and later it was delayed to 2023. Pretty likely is the game with the "Regolith" codename that appears in the list scheduled for Jan-March 2022 (this document was made before the game was delalyed), because the game codenamed as "Shield" seems to be another game.

You are talking about one image, this is the other one that was in the OP:

capcom-schedule.jpg

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned

Honestly I'd be happy with a Street Fighter V PS5 port. I really love the gameplay but the loading times in this game is ridiculous. As well as the crap netcode. A simple port that gives instant loading times and improved netcode would do the game justice as the core gameplay is so fun. Of course they also should update the console version to 4K like the PC version. It's so strange Capcom didn't port it to PS5 as they are supporting the game and people are still playing it.

Hell they can milk it one more time with a re-release and reuse assets from Story mode.

Street Fighter V: Final Edition - PS5
- Instant loading times
- 4K graphics and optional motion blur
- Improved netcode
- New character Dolls playable (reused story mode asset of all the dolls, allows switching between each doll character similar to Zeku, each doll has the 2 unique special moves and super is a move where all dolls attack together, all normals are the same)

This release would allo Capcom more time to make Street Fighter VI, if I got a port like this I'd be good until early 2023 for the next Street Fighter

nbkicker

Honestly I'd be happy with a Street Fighter V PS5 port. I really love the gameplay but the loading times in this game is ridiculous. As well as the crap netcode. A simple port that gives instant loading times and improved netcode would do the game justice as the core gameplay is so fun. Of course they also should update the console version to 4K like the PC version. It's so strange Capcom didn't port it to PS5 as they are supporting the game and people are still playing it.

Hell they can milk it one more time with a re-release and reuse assets from Story mode.

Street Fighter V: Final Edition - PS5
- Instant loading times
- 4K graphics and optional motion blur
- Improved netcode
- New character Dolls playable (reused story mode asset of all the dolls, allows switching between each doll character similar to Zeku, each doll has the 2 unique special moves and super is a move where all dolls attack together, all normals are the same)

This release would allo Capcom more time to make Street Fighter VI, if I got a port like this I'd be good until early 2023 for the next Street Fighter
Id deffently pay capcom a small fee for a upgraded edition on ps5, especially if it got 4k and the ultra textures what the pc has got, plus fast loading, although cant see them changing the netcode till the next full streetfighter comes out

Top Bottom