• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom is working on a Resident Evil 4 remake

VulcanRaven

Instead of a Resident Evil, why not a Dino Crisis remake? Taking advantage of the power of Xbox Series X and PS5, the dinosaurs could look more life like than EVER before..
Also there is a new Jurassic World movie coming out next year so this would be the best time to make a new Dino Crisis game.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Also there is a new Jurassic World movie coming out next year so this would be the best time to make a new Dino Crisis game.
Wasn't there talk circulating that they were already working on a new Dino Crisis but it was scrapped because it didn't pan out? Even though only rumor, I think it's pretty believable. The only reason Capcom didn't revive DC yet is because didn't make it work so far. Hopefully in the new gen now.

Spaceman292

Banned
Instead of a Resident Evil, why not a Dino Crisis remake? Taking advantage of the power of Xbox Series X and PS5, the dinosaurs could look more life like than EVER before..
Well, everyone knows what Resident Evil is and no one has even uttered the words 'dino crisis' for about twenty years.

SuperGooey

To everyone asking for a new Dino Crisis game:

Have you played the original? Because it's not great. The second game is a completely different genre of game, and the third one is pure shit.

RAIDEN1

To everyone asking for a new Dino Crisis game:

Have you played the original? Because it's not great. The second game is a completely different genre of game, and the third one is pure shit.
That doesn't mean they couldn't take into consideration what was wrong with the previous entries, and improve upon it.....if Streets of Rage can bounce back after part 3, why not Dino Crisis?

Fake

That doesn't mean they couldn't take into consideration what was wrong with the previous entries, and improve upon it.....if Streets of Rage can bounce back after part 3, why not Dino Crisis?

Thats because between Street of Rage and Golden Axe, Street of Rage is more popular. Same with Resident Evil and Dino Crisis.

People are really asking for the impossible here. Dino Crisis is pretty much a Resident Evil with dinos, but how can people ask for a Dino Crisis Remake after that RE2 and RE3 remakes that act more like reboots than remake?

I saying that because I like RE2 and RE3, but hate those reboots that change the core aspect of the original game.
IDK if giving Dino Crisis a 'RE4 style' will make wonders. Could be even worst, turning Dino Crisis into a first person shooter like the recent RE.

Last edited:
How I see it, dinosaurs are too hard to nail it nowadays, too fast, agile, intelligent and deadly, to make them credible right now

As for atmospheres, Capcom rocks, see the whole re2make, or 3make's hospital
Still pretty sad tho, I'm waiting for a proper Dino Crisis return since I played dc2 in the first 2000s, sigh

SSfox

It's hard to be excited about this after what they done with re3r, game was awesome on itself but so many iconic stuffs were cut and game was short AF. And of course the very cod ultra linear first 30 minutes. When Capcom tries to copy western devs they really become the worst devs ever.

Now RE4 is a much bigger and larger game so I find it hard to believe it won't be cut-content city like they did w re3r.

I'll get the game no matter what as big re fan but def not at full price. Unless they suprise me and do it right like with re2r.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
It's hard to be excited about this after what they done with re3r, game was awesome on itself but so many iconic stuffs were cut and game was short AF. And of course the very cod ultra linear first 30 minutes. When Capcom tries to copy western devs they really become the worst devs ever.

Now RE4 is a much bigger and larger game so I find it hard to believe it won't be cut-content city like they did w re3r.

I'll get the game no matter what as big re fan but def not at full price. Unless they suprise me do it right like with re2r.
I really don’t see how they could cut any content in a RE4 Remake; every chapter is stellar gameplay. If anything were to be cut, I would guess it would be from the Island where things could maybe be slightly tapered down some

SSfox

I really don’t see how they could cut any content in a RE4 Remake; every chapter is stellar gameplay. If anything were to be cut, I would guess it would be from the Island where things could maybe be slightly tapered down some
Thing is re4 original is much bigger and larger than original re3 in content (re3 was large but not as re4), bosses and enemies variety, areas and all. So the fact that they cut contents in re3 remake make me think they gonna cut even more in re4 remake in an even more hardcore way.

Also another disappointing thing was no mercenary mode in re3r, instead they made that worthless resistance online game, duh.

In my opinion, they'll probably tone down og game over the top aura, to make a reimagining in a more serious and horror mood

Cutty Flam

Banned
Thing is re4 original is much bigger and larger than original re3 in content (re3 was large but not as re4), bosses and enemies variety, areas and all. So the fact that they cut contents in re3 remake make me think they gonna cut even more in re4 remake in an even more hardcore way.

Also another disappointing thing was no mercenary mode in re3r, instead they made that worthless resistance online game, duh.
I still need to play RE3 Remake, I hear a lot of people saying it cut a lot of content but on the other side I hear many praising the game’s excellent pacing. I remember my uncle playing RE3 on his Playstation at his pad back in the day. He was literally sweating lmao. All I can remember was him preparing his inventory and then he stepped into an elevator to face Nemesis apparently. I hope for when I play the game, I can experience the same level of panic lol. But going back to what you said, do you think that higher ups maybe wanted them to hurry up so they could focus and add more resources towards the efforts towards creating RE8? I think Village has a chance to potentially claim GOTY, if they’re taking a page from RE4 with the Village and all, that is a concept that cannot lose. There’s too much horror involved and potential with rural areas
In my opinion, they'll probably tone down og game over the top aura, to make a reimagining in a more serious and horror mood
That would be interesting, Capcom is probably going to inject a lot more horror and intensity is my guess. Since everyone has probably played this game multiple times. Something new in feel / delivery might be the solution. Wonder how much this Remake could sell?

I still need to play RE3 Remake, I hear a lot of people saying it cut a lot of content but on the other side I hear many praising the game’s excellent pacing. I remember my uncle playing RE3 on his Playstation at his pad back in the day. He was literally sweating lmao. All I can remember was him preparing his inventory and then he stepped into an elevator to face Nemesis apparently. I hope for when I play the game, I can experience the same level of panic lol. But going back to what you said, do you think that higher ups maybe wanted them to hurry up so they could focus and add more resources towards the efforts towards creating RE8? I think Village has a chance to potentially claim GOTY, if they’re taking a page from RE4 with the Village and all, that is a concept that cannot lose. There’s too much horror involved and potential with rural areas

That would be interesting, Capcom is probably going to inject a lot more horror and intensity is my guess. Since everyone has probably played this game multiple times. Something new in feel / delivery might be the solution. Wonder how much this Remake could sell?
According to leaker dusk iirc, it was said this Remake would have been heavily revolutioned, and considering Capcom is going heavy on horror nowadays, with re2make, village, and a little less in re3make, I wouldn't be surprised

When I heard about a remake for 4, I was annoyed, saying the original game is perfect even today, but I admit a survival horror reimagining would make me crazy excited

And I also think a survival horror reimagining could sell 3x a more 1:1 remake

Pretty much every one of us bought at least 3-4 version of base Re4 lol

Why Capcom doesn't know that we wanted Code Veronica ?
The most logical thing to do after re3, I also asked myself why not, but for whatever reason they chose to touch a masterpiece (very risky thing to do)
I think due to CV being the less famous and appreciated entry in the main series
It's undeniable CV needs a remake tho, i'm a passionate retrogamer and I love capcom survivals and tank controls, but I tried to play code veronica multiple times and always failed to proceed, way too clunky for me, unplayable in its original version

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
The most logical thing to do after re3, I also asked myself why not, but for whatever reason they chose to touch a masterpiece (very risky thing to do)
I think due to CV being the less famous and appreciated entry in the main series
It's undeniable CV needs a remake tho, i'm a passionate retrogamer and I love capcom survivals and tank controls, but I tried to play code veronica multiple times and always failed to proceed, way too clunky for me, unplayable in its original version
Nah, it's sounds cliché but you really do just need to get used to the controls and play by the game's rules in regard to the intentional limitations with combat. I wasn't the biggest fan of CV:X for years but have played through it probably 4 times the last 2 years. It's easily one of my favorite classic era REs now. The story is cringe but the gameplay and puzzles are some of the best for classic era RE. It'll sound crazy but the controls really are fantastic. Super tight and responsive. Classic Era to me are timeless games in how they were developed. The controls definitely aren't for everyone but they really are fantastic once you get used to them.

I'm clearly in the minority though because I've been playing the bulk of classic titles every year for probably the last 15-20 years. I know the games inside and out.

edit- One of the gate keeping aspects of the OG RE's is that your first playthrough is usually a disaster, you run out of ammo, controls feel wonky, puzzles are confusing. A lot of time you can get hard locked at bosses because of a lack of resources. It's on subsequent playthroughs when the game really comes together and isn't as frustrating. But at that point, you have to commit like 15+ hours to one game and lots of people lose interest, understandably so. Especially with CV:X, it's easily the longest classic era title. Patience is key with the old games if you're serious about completing them.

Last edited:
Nah, it's sounds cliché but you really do just need to get used to the controls and play by the game's rules in regard to the intentional limitations with combat. I wasn't the biggest fan of CV:X for years but have played through it probably 4 times the last 2 years. It's easily one of my favorite classic era REs now. The story is cringe but the gameplay and puzzles are some of the best for classic era RE. It'll sound crazy but the controls really are fantastic. Super tight and responsive. Classic Era to me are timeless games in how they were developed. The controls definitely aren't for everyone but they really are fantastic once you get used to them.

I'm clearly in the minority though because I've been playing the bulk of classic titles every year for probably the last 15-20 years. I know the games inside and out.

edit- One of the gate keeping aspects of the OG RE's is that your first playthrough is usually a disaster, you run out of ammo, controls feel wonky, puzzles are confusing. A lot of time you can get hard locked at bosses because of a lack of resources. It's on subsequent playthroughs when the game really comes together and isn't as frustrating. But at that point, you have to commit like 15+ hours to one game and lots of people lose interest, understandably so. Especially with CV:X, it's easily the longest classic era title. Patience is key with the old games if you're serious about completing them.
Thanks for support! I trust you and I'm now curious to give og CV another chance, I hope this time will be the right one

fart town usa

Gold Member
Thanks for support! I trust you and I'm now curious to give og CV another chance, I hope this time will be the right one
That's awesome! A bit of advice, use the lighter constantly. You'll have to equip your gun when enemies are in the area but CV:X intentionally used a pretty basic lighting engine and the game is dark as hell without the lighter in use (lighting engine was completely revamped in the HD Remaster). It also helps to show items. They don't sparkle like in RE1-3. they kind of shimmer when the lighter is out. The lighter also keeps bats from attacking you.

Utilize the map, the map layout is kind of confusing in CV:X but it's your best friend if you get totally lost. If you do end up playing it, please feel free to shoot me a message if you're determined to beat it but need some hints, there are a shit ton of puzzles in CV:X. I'm all about helping people enjoy the experience that the classic RE titles provide!

Save your BOW rounds, don't use them on the island, you'll need them when you make your escape. Also, don't use explosive arrows on zombies, save them for the bander snatch enemies (yellow mud looking creatures).

Lastly, CV:X is regarded as probably the most difficult classic RE, but it's totally manageable. Just be smart with ammo and search high and low for resources (examine everything), if you pick up everything available you will be stacked like crazy towards the end of the game. And save often, ink ribbons generally come in packs of 3 and you'll have plenty. Save save save to prevent lost ground on your first playthrough, these games are designed to make you feel helpless :)

Last edited:
That's awesome! A bit of advice, use the lighter constantly. You'll have to equip your gun when enemies are in the area but CV:X intentionally used a pretty basic lighting engine and the game is dark as hell without the lighter in use (lighting engine was completely revamped in the HD Remaster). It also helps to show items. They don't sparkle like in RE1-3. they kind of shimmer when the lighter is out. The lighter also keeps bats from attacking you.

Utilize the map, the map layout is kind of confusing in CV:X but it's your best friend if you get totally lost. If you do end up playing it, please feel free to shoot me a message if you're determined to beat it but need some hints, there are a shit ton of puzzles in CV:X. I'm all about helping people enjoy the experience that the classic RE titles provide!

Save your BOW rounds, don't use them on the island, you'll need them when you make your escape. Also, don't use explosive arrows on zombies, save them for the bander snatch enemies (yellow mud looking creatures).

Lastly, CV:X is regarded as probably the most difficult classic RE, but it's totally manageable. Just be smart with ammo and search high and low for resources (examine everything), if you pick up everything available you will be stacked like crazy towards the end of the game. And save often, ink ribbons generally come in packs of 3 and you'll have plenty. Save save save to prevent lost ground on your first playthrough, these games are designed to make you feel helpless :)
Thanks again a lot, this post too contributed to hype up the game for me, and was also pretty annoyed these days not really having something new to play!

As far as survival aspect go, I'm pretty skilled with Capcom SHs ( more than 50 playthroughs with them over years, replay them at least one time each every year on psp since 2013, plus in their release times in '90s) also at higher difficulties, so knowing it' s difficult makes me Even more excited!

fart town usa

Gold Member
Thanks again a lot, this post too contributed to hype up the game for me, and was also pretty annoyed these days not really having something new to play!

As far as survival aspect go, I'm pretty skilled with Capcom SHs ( more than 50 playthroughs with them over years, replay them at least one time each every year on psp since 2013, plus in their release times in '90s) also at higher difficulties, so knowing it' s difficult makes me Even more excited!
you got this bruh

Well, everyone knows what Resident Evil is and no one has even uttered the words 'dino crisis' for about twenty years.
This really is a shame, in a perfect world Dino Crisis would have been among the most famous and successful long running series

Pretty sad 💔 one of my top 5 series ever

DaGwaphics

Haha. I always played these with two saves going, my sloppy save where I was just moving ahead to see what was coming and my "hoard the ammo and health save" which I would save when I felt I had completed that span of the game efficiently enough to get by.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Ok forget Dino Crisis, how about a re-release of the PS2 Exclusive- Streetfighter Alpha Anthology?
j1d5Mv4.gif

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Apparently RE4 has auto-hdr on Series X. I don't know why I'm waiting for a remake, probably about to buy that this weekend and enjoy all over.

Cutty Flam

Banned
According to leaker dusk iirc, it was said this Remake would have been heavily revolutioned, and considering Capcom is going heavy on horror nowadays, with re2make, village, and a little less in re3make, I wouldn't be surprised

When I heard about a remake for 4, I was annoyed, saying the original game is perfect even today, but I admit a survival horror reimagining would make me crazy excited

And I also think a survival horror reimagining could sell 3x a more 1:1 remake

Pretty much every one of us bought at least 3-4 version of base Re4 lol
Resident Evil 4 has the potential to be the greatest with more survival horror elements. Different angles, sharper sound and playing with the sound effects could be a game changer. Then all Capcom would have to do is make the ammunition situation more scarce and this game could be something even the nonbelievers could play and love. There are a lot of fans who disagree with RE4’s direction. I can see why, but at the same time I don’t agree with their stance; I still think RE4 stands as the greatest along with the original and Resident Evil Remake. But a remake for RE4 could truly show just how amazing the game is. I honestly think the game is a top 10 game of all time, possibly I would still have it in my top 5

EDIT: My fault, forgot I was going to comment on that lol

It’s a hell of a game, even for someone like me who played it for the first time in 2018. You’re 100% right about the cringe story lol, but back when it released I would imagine Resident Evil fans were kind of impressed (not with the cringe moments) with the scale of where the game went. I said in a thread before, that CVX is basically the game that inspired RE4 and paved the way for such an extensive adventure, and there are some similarities in story structure as well. Both are the longest games in the series that I have played

I think CVX remade by Capcom could be legendary if they sat down and reimagined a lot of it. I think Capcom is making gold + history with their remakes, I’ve never experiences something like RE2 Remake in my life; they’re doing an impeccable job. Seeing Claire Redfield take on the same mission in CVX would be legendary. I never my life thought I’d be considering to play CVX a second time because the game borderline traumatized me with its difficulty, but a Remake like they’ve been doing would be a day one purchase in my case. I’m thorough impressed with their efforts in the RE2 Remake

Last edited:

T8SC

It's been longer between the present time & the REmake than it was between REmake & RE1... therefore, we nee.... actually no, we don't need remakes of already perfect games.

Arachnid

Imo RE4 doesn't need a remake.

Remake Code Veronica and Outbreak instead!

Also, Code Veronica is the true RE4 >_<
Nah, inject that RE4make into my veins

I don't get the CV remake people. The original was one of the worst of the OG games. It's the last RE game I'd want a remake on.

Agreed on Outbreak though. These guys keep trying to make a successful online REgame, and Outbreak is the way to go about it. Not resistance or whatever that new one is.

I actually agree with this video. A RE4: Remake will definitely be good, but I think Code Veronica, the first RE or even Outbreak needs an overhaul or remake more than RE4 which is still considered amazing by most people to this day. I’m just concerned that they will make some unnecessary changes and cut even more content from RE4.

Last edited:

I don't get the CV remake people. The original was one of the worst of the OG games. It's the last RE game I'd want a remake on.

Agreed on Outbreak though. These guys keep trying to make a successful online REgame, and Outbreak is the way to go about it. Not resistance or whatever that new one is.
Personally I like CV better than Outbreak, but that’s all the more reason why I feel those games can benefit from a good remake. I feel there were more problems to fix in CV and Outbreak than RE4.

Athreous

that's why CV needs a remake, to fix that :D

Top Bottom