• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Has Updated DMC5 on PS5 to Fix the Issue with 120Hz TVs

ethomaz

Banned

DF release an article:

Now only the high-framerate mode will run at 120fps in TVs with 120Hz refresh rate.

Context.

However, the fact that we can use Devil May Cry 5 as a 'benchmark' at all is mostly down to the fact that the developers have targeted 120Hz as the standard refresh rate output. This is great for seeing top-end performance metrics, but it's bad news for the experience - especially on PlayStation 5. This is because 120Hz output is locked to any screen that supports 120Hz, no matter the resolution. So consider a highly popular 4K screen - the LG OLED B8. PS5 sees that it is 120Hz-compatible, and overrides 4K resolution. All modes will run at a 120Hz refresh rate, at 1080p resolution - which is absolutely not ideal. Another popular screen is the Samsung NU8000. It's a 4K screen but on PS5, Devil May Cry will force through the 120Hz refresh rate instead, resulting in a downscale to 1440p that the user has no control over.

And this is where Xbox Series X has an advantage that's crucial. Users can simply dip into the video settings, select 60Hz and Devil May Cry 5 runs in a generally stable way - a locked 60 frames per second is very much preferable to the fully unlocked set-up on a 120Hz screen whether you're gaming on PS5 or Xbox Series X. We have shared our findings with Capcom a while back, and fingers crossed there'll be a solution to the issue, but the tl;dr version is simple enough on paper: allow PS5 users to select between 60Hz and 120Hz output resolution.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Mod of War Mod of War can you somehow fix the title... I don’t know how many characters you can write so it got cut.

Maybe “Capcom Has Updated DMC5 on PS5 to Fix the Issue with 120Hz TVs”

Last edited:

Doczu

Welcome to a long time ago. Do people still talk without a cautionary Google search? Cancel me if I offended.
Last i've read is that the light beams we're "fixed", but not in the EU.
And cancel you? What is this, REEE? It's me who would be cancelled for looking at them peaches.

Last edited:
Last i've read is that the light beams we're "fixed", but not in the EU.
And cancel you? What is this, REEE? It's me who would be cancelled for looking at them peaches.
Fall way the fuck back, I was kidding about the cancel shit. I'm from the states so your problem could still exist for all I know. Not missing much to be honest though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom