• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Arcade Stadium - Announce Trailer

Neff

Digital Eclipse generally does great emulation work. They developed Capcom Classics Collection Remixed for PSP way back in 2006, and the emulation quality was superb, to the point where it still holds up well now in 2021.
They're hit and miss imo. For some reason they seem to do very well with fighting games, and most of their recent output is up to standard. The work they did during gen 7 was less impressive though. The Mega Drive Ultimate Collection in particular had a lot of issues.

I wonder who handled the porting?
I had a look through the credits and it seems to be a large Japan-centric joint effort. They've even got M2 (!) in there. As a result, we might see some games ported better than others. But I haven't tested them all yet.

AVOID this collection is not even worth a penny
Yeah, while the faux-scanline filter isn't as bad as the one on the Astro Mini, it's still pretty poor.

Last edited:
Looked through the game list earlier and noticed The King of Dragons is absent.

Hopefully Capcom will rectify this grave error someday.

SaiyanRaoh

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Maybe I won't get the full collection, but having Ghosts 'n Goblins for free is nice.
It's sad that most people probably know the game through its terrible NES port. The original is a much more enjoyable game. Still horribly hard, but much less random.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, if this is true, Capcom can get fucked with this CCP cock-sucking self-censorship.

Before:
4c5b04c0-s.jpg

After:
ac7d3a21.jpg

Before:
6eab2928.jpg

After:
897c41b0.jpg

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Some new news...
Capcom announced that they will update Capcom Arcade Stadium with more games.
Also Ghosts n goblins is $.50
source Capcom Arcade Stadium to add more classic games - Nintendo Everything
hopefully they add magic sword, red earth, black tiger and more.
I won't keep my hopes up for the licenced Marvel games (Punisher, Xmen cota), Alien vs. Predator, etc...
I got everything they put out so far. Easily worth the money for me. Feels like a giant stash of things you can just pick up and play. A few too many variants of 1942 for my tastes though.

I'm definitely hoping for Punisher and AVP. Not holding my breath though.

Tigerlord

I got everything they put out so far. Easily worth the money for me. Feels like a giant stash of things you can just pick up and play. A few too many variants of 1942 for my tastes though.

I'm definitely hoping for Punisher and AVP. Not holding my breath though.
I got everything, also. As for 1942, it was one of Capcom's bigger arcade shmup series. I hope they add the rest of the games from the Ps2 arcade collection
vol. 1 & 2.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I got everything, also. As for 1942, it was one of Capcom's bigger arcade shmup series. I hope they add the rest of the games from the Ps2 arcade collection
vol. 1 & 2.
Said something about $1 DLC also. I'm kinda hoping that it is the actual artwork on the actual arcade cabinets so that when you browse the cabinets you can see the artwork.

I guess we'll see. Probably just a few more random ones they just made.

Tigerlord

Said something about $1 DLC also. I'm kinda hoping that it is the actual artwork on the actual arcade cabinets so that when you browse the cabinets you can see the artwork.

I guess we'll see. Probably just a few more random ones they just made.
The dlc was for invincibility mode for the games. At least Capcom is putting effort in their collections. (cough)Bandainamco (cough)

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The dlc was for invincibility mode for the games. At least Capcom is putting effort in their collections. (cough)Bandainamco (cough)
Also in the works is the “Display Frames Set 1” DLC that includes 32 title-specific display frames to unlock new customization options for the digital arcade cabinets. Assuming it’s coming to Switch, pricing is set at $0.99 each for the “Invincibility” mode and “Display Frames Set 1”.

Top Bottom