• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Announces PS5/Series S|X Enhancements for Resident Evil 7, 2 and 3 Remakes - Free Upgrade

The game looks great with Raytracing on, but there's this weird bug with reflections on high framerate mode that is incredibly distracting. Hard to explain.. lots of pop in at close range with reflections, very noticeable in the police station.

Banned
currently downloading RE3 on both consoles.
I really hope the performance is on par with RE8 on SX at least, because the framerate was just smooth enough to barely be noticeable with VRR when it dropped frames.

GustavoLT

Off vs High RT:

re2-2022-06-13-23-33-39-861.png

re2-2022-06-13-23-34-39-014.png
What is your pc specs!?

PsyEd

Good to have a free xsx update for for RE2R...but oh my imaginary friend...the update kills the frame rate in ray tracing mode. Like the very first shop is like hovers around 40-50fps...and like pretty much stays there...from what I've played so far.

I "think" the Dolby Atmos is better implemented now. The 120hz non RT is nice though my c1 shows it actually around 100 and some dips to 90. And assets are much sharper now...so I'm pretty happy with it and have an excuse for full replay.

Shmunter

So does RT actually improve the aesthetic or is it just a checklist feature as is customary?

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Beat RE2 Leon A with S rank, then beat Hardcore with B rank. And then beat the second and third ghost survivor missions. Already did the first ages ago. Imo, Forgotten Soldier is the easiest by far even though its rated the highest. Just know what to pick, machine gun ammo and shotgun and nades. Walk up to and knife the licker (they're easy mode with it lol). Beat it in 06:30 flat. You can probably yolo the bridge if you want to waste 2 defensive items but I baited them out crawling.

Level design of RE2 is brilliant. Each run went better, I now know exactly how to beat the game fast, but on hardcore I took everything. The sewer I once dreaded, I finally the found the best way to beat it. If you're not speedrunning, bring the T bar and stars badge, take the left path at the intersection, grab sewer key, go back and take the other path. Open up both doors at the rook plug, grab the magnum upgrade and if you desire also grab the film roll and go back to the station to the 2 hiding places (laser sight makes precision cake, and 400 fuel makes NEST easy mode). Then go to the king/queen place, easily frag the adults with the upgraded magnum (they're already exposed, they take like 2 shots each). Guys are fucking fast on Hardcore btw, so flamethrower didn't go so well. I always kept hanging on high grade for magnum ammo. I beat Standard in 3 hours but could probably do it much quicker.

The best part about hardcore? The save system! I love it! And its not like you run out, I ended with 10+ ribbons. I just like the fact you have limited saves and you need to be strategic when to save even though there really are enough (I guess 20 or so?). But, being cocky can mean a huge setback since it doesn't auto save at all. I wish Standard had this save system also. Free saves + auto saves is overkill.

RT mode is disappointing, it tanks during busy shootouts. Try the final ghost survivor challenge in the shop for example, I think it runs at 40fps or so.

Kind of a bummer I already platinumed RE3. There is like nothing to do anymore lol. That game seriously needed some mercs and not that shitty Resistance mode.

Last edited:
Top Bottom