• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announced Capcom Fighting Collection and Street Fighter 6

SSfox

If it's another 2D game with similar mechanics, I'm probably out. Was hoping for some kind of reboot, or EX game honestly after 4 and 5 being a bit lackluster.

Instead it looks like they took the art style of 5 and injected some protein powder lol. I can respect that, but I am likely not buying it. Still always fun to watch the trailers and watch some gameplay online though.

There is none street fighter that have same mechanic as another Street Fighter.

But man I really hope to be blown away and the game will look and feel totally next gen, i want real time weather, stages with multi levels (like hong Kong SF but deeper, or some T7 stages), sweat and dirt or characters (don't need to be over the top), hope Capcom will surprise us with dope stuffs.

There is none street fighter that have same mechanic as another Street Fighter.

But man I really hope to be blown away and the game will look and feel totally next gen, i want real time weather, stages with multi levels (like hong Kong SF but deeper, or some T7 stages), sweat and dirt or characters (don't need to be over the top), hope Capcom will surprise us with dope stuffs.
There will be 30fps backgrounds and you will like it!

ethomaz

Banned
Looks like they toned down the size of the hands and feet and Ryu no longer has the stupid spikey hair, so maybe the art will be nice this time,
Also the collection looks nice, warzard, about time but would like to see capcom reissue their licensed games again, jojos bizarre adventure and if they could pull some magic tatsunoko vs capcom would be amazing. Shouldnt be stuck on the wii
Well I had the impression they tuned up everything… everything is giant now in Ryu to the point the hands feels normal :D

First pics of Chun Li and Cammy have been leaked:

43074284oa.png
43074285fd.png

Spacefish

This is probably controversial, but I’m glad they went with a more realistic approach using the RE Engine instead of an anime or cel shaded style. Don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely an anime fan, but I get tired of seeing literally all 2D fighters look so similar to each other in art style and graphics imho. Games like Guilty Gear Strive and Granblue look nice, but most of them look pretty underwhelming to me especially compared to 3D fighters. Can’t wait to see more SF6. Hopefully it looks comparable in-game and like a true generational leap.
DOA, Tekken, Virtua fighter, Soulcalibur, MK and new Capcom
VS
SNK, old Capcom and Arcsys

They left the 2d fighter look where each developer had a distinct style to join the big boy 3d crew where everything feels the same despite being from completely different devs. Impressing through tech rather than having an actual personality is how you make a game forgettable, its also going to age like milk. Nobody ever talks about the style of 3d fighters because there is none, you can look at whatever the new UE tech demo is and imagine exactly how it will be. This is just as disappointing as the next Zelda looking like horizon zero dawn or an assassins creed game.

SSfox

I hope they will get Ken's face right btw.

Someone can dream

And can't wait for the girls, i hope to see back Viper, Makoto, Dudley and Fei Long, miss those

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

While exciting, after SFV I'll reserve my hype until I see it in action. I can say I'm REALLY not feeling that logo though, shit's really weird to me honestly. It looks like a discord server with 6 notifications, lmao.

The collection looks really cool though. Man, I really wish we'd get a new Darkstalkers. :(

Last edited:

yurinka

RE Engine is taking over. make sense good engine and lower cost for Capcom
RE Engine being used for SF6 is something I've always been craving.
but I’m glad they went with a more realistic approach using the RE Engine

We don't know what game engine are they using. Pretty likely will be Unreal Engine, like SFIV and SFV. They can use whatever art style in any engine. The art style is related to their artistic choice, not to the game engine.

And this is only a cinematic, pretty likely the gameplay will look different. See some example of previous SF cinematic trailers:

Last edited:

SSfox

We don't know what game engine are they using. Pretty likely will be Unreal Engine, like SFIV and SFV.
They can use whatever art style in any engine. The art style is related to their artistic choice, not to the game engine.

Dunno if there is anything official to it, but everyone is saying it's RE engine

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It feels like we had a lot of Darkstalkers/Vampire Savior ports back on PS3/PSP. No Rival Schools or Street Fighter EX is kind of a let down. I guess without having to put in Capcom Fighting Jam for 1 character out of the Red Earth series, that having the actual game on a collection is totally worth checking out. I still have the HD Darkstalkers Resurrection installed to play every now and then. Owning a port of Red Earth sounds awesome.

SirTerry-T

Red Earth/Warzard is the big news here for me. Been wanting to play a home version of that since the Dreamcast days.
Not that bothered about the new title! Wait and see I suppose :)

yurinka

Dunno if there anything official to it, but everyone is saying it's RE engine
Capcom didn't say anythting aboutt the game engine. They think it's RE engine because this cinematic has a more realistitc art style somewhat like RE engine games.

I didn't know there were that many Darkstalkers games. I thought it was only 2 or 3.
Vampire Hunter 2 and Vampire Savior 2 are were only released in Japan. They are modified versions of Vampire Savior (known as Night Warriors in the west, the first Darksalkers sequel) and Vampire Savior (known as Darkstalkers 3 in the west).

The modifications include the replacement of some characters, the character default colors and the boss fight, plus include some new features and a few othter minor changes, like UI. Some of this stuff was later added to home versions of Darkstalkers 3.

First pics of Chun Li and Cammy have been leaked:

43074284oa.png
43074285fd.png
Here you have their Naughty Dog version:
49995.jpg

12-ladybeard-his-cammy-cosplay.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't know there were that many Darkstalkers games. I thought it was only 2 or 3.
There is 3, but after the first 2, things got a little weird in arcades. Basically Vampire Savior, Savior 2, Hunter 2 are all Darkstalkers 3. IIRC the arcade hardware only had memory for 15 characters and there is 18 Darkstalkers characters, so they had to cut 3 for Vampire Savior, so then then made a arcade version called Vampire Hunter 2 which was just Vampire Savior but with the Darkstalkers 2 (Night Warriors) roster, then Savior 2 they added the 3 cut characters in place of cutting 3 different characters (I assume the 3 choices was based on who was deemed underused) from Vampire Savior 1. Yeah...

Home release on PS1 had all 18 characters by default. The version of Darkstalkers 3 included in Darkstalkers Resurrection on PS3/360 was Vampire Savior 1.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
There's a bundle that includes SF 30th anniversary.
Okay I didn't see the bundle. I still think they could offer more variety. Pack in SF4 at least since It's not console exclusive. I never understand the appeal of 6 versions of a game, like SF2 in the 30th anniversary collection. I'm not saying don't add them, I guess, it's just misleading to say 10 games or whatever and 7 of them are the same game with tweaks. If they could put in licenced games too, that would be an instant buy for me. X-Men CotA, Marvel SH, Marvel SH vs SF, Marvel vs Capcom, Jojo, snk vs Capcom, etc...

We don't know what game engine are they using. Pretty likely will be Unreal Engine, like SFIV and SFV. They can use whatever art style in any engine. The art style is related to their artistic choice, not to the game engine.

And this is only a cinematic, pretty likely the gameplay will look different. See some example of previous SF cinematic trailers:

They’re clearly using RE engine

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
There is 3, but after the first 2, things got a little weird in arcades. Basically Vampire Savior, Savior 2, Hunter 2 are all Darkstalkers 3. IIRC the arcade hardware only had memory for 15 characters and there is 18 Darkstalkers characters, so they had to cut 3 for Vampire Savior, so then then made a arcade version called Vampire Hunter 2 which was just Vampire Savior but with the Darkstalkers 2 (Night Warriors) roster, then Savior 2 they added the 3 cut characters in place of cutting 3 different characters (I assume the 3 choices was based on who was deemed underused) from Vampire Savior 1. Yeah...

Home release on PS1 had all 18 characters by default. The version of Darkstalkers 3 included in Darkstalkers Resurrection on PS3/360 was Vampire Savior 1.

There was a time when I could remember things like this about games without breaking my brain.....those were the days.

Saber

Gold Member
It was capcom so it counts.

True. Not like I wasn't disagreeing, I'm not a fan at all of the first MvsC(Ryu had basically trash treatment as well). But I was talking more about SF series, don't think they will ever do her disservice in her main game.

Kokoloko85

Now Ryu's face is covered in muscles too.
I hoped Capcom would take a page from Arc System Work's beautiful art direction and dial back the series to a 2D look again.
They probably don't have the expertise and/or think it'll scare away western audiences.

Same, I was hoping they either did a Arc system style or went KOF 13 style which looks awesome.
( I know people say they have to do 3D models so they can sell costumes and shit but who cares, they can make plenty of money just selling the game and DLC )

They are a way bigger company than Arc with alot more resources and funds.

Street Fighter Capcom division just simply sucks when it comes to art style And character models. SF 4 and 5 were great games but hate the way they looked. 4 worse than 5

Street Fighter 2, Alpha and 3 were the good looking games. 4 and 5 look retarded as does this one. Looks like a evolution of 4 and 5…

Last edited:

saintjules

Now Ryu's face is covered in muscles too.
I hoped Capcom would take a page from Arc System Work's beautiful art direction and dial back the series to a 2D look again.
They probably don't have the expertise and/or think it'll scare away western audiences.

I agree. When franchises go to a full 3D change it's off-putting for me. I first notice stuff like that in JRPGs. From Suikoden to Breath of Fire to Street Fighter. There's some exceptions, but all around the feeling of the games change.

Naked Lunch

Not a fan of the chunky exaggerated look - looks just like SFIV which artstyle sucked.
Was hoping for a more serious anime look ala SFIII.
Also the logo and second character suggests they are going for an MMA type feel/tone - which I also dont like.

That said - good to finally see a new entry - its big news. Even with all the fighting game competition, Street Fighter is still truly the only game in town - the rest are just little brothers.

Its been SIX years since SFV dropped - and it was forever stained by being console exclusive in my eyes. So its actually been 14 years since the last multiplat entry. Hopefully they dont make that mistake again...

Last edited:

synce

Luke's weird ass smile and forearms, Ryu's oddly wide body considering the realistic textures/lighting, the NFT logo... none of this inspires confidence. And based on leaked memos I expect Chun Li to have a square jaw and Cammy to be wearing generic army fatigues. I predict this will be a bigger shitshow than SF5 in the end.

Kokoloko85

RE Engine is taking over. make sense good engine and lower cost for Capcom

Seriously I dont see how a publisher like Capcom cant hire 100 people to make a good 2D fighter game.
Surely they have more resources and money to make 2D fighting games now than making multiple a year like they did in the 90’s.

Why would it be harder than before to make it? Why wont selling the game and dlc be enough? Why do they need character costumes to make money?

Top Bottom