• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announced Capcom Fighting Collection and Street Fighter 6

yurinka

Just after the last match of the Capcom Pro Tour Season Final Capcom announced Street Fighter 6 and Capcom Fighting Collection:

STREET FIGHTER 6
Street Fighter 6 has been shown in a short cinematic teaser with a redesigned Ryu and another guy who seems to be a redesigned Luke. It we look carefully at the shadow of Ryu's head projected in his chest there are some little glitches hinting that it may not be a CG but instead being an in-engine cinematic probably rendered on real time. Looking at the 3D model of lighting of Ryu's feet it seems to be an in-engine cinematic too instead of a CG.They''ll provide more info this summer (we can assume it would be just after the EVO finals), didn't reveal anything else like platforms, release date, game engine, etc:
https://www.streetfighter.com/6

Regarding platforms they didn't mentioned anything but at least as of now the trailer has only been uploaded to the Street Fighter youtube channel, not to the PlayStation, Xbox or Nintendo channels and there's no PlayStation blog post. So pretty likely will be multiplatform as mentioned in the mails leaked by thte ransomware hackers that sttole Capcom info.

xxwfPmb.gif

SF6_Teaser_SS_1-1024x576.jpg

If we look carefully to the military dog tag it says 'Robert Sullivan' (Luke's father), so the character pretty likely is Luke:
09c9e4f72d9403acc870c9ca2fadaa1d.jpg

Yusuke Hashimoto will be one of the game designers of the game:

Some of Yusuke Hashimoto's previous works:
  • Bayonetta 2 (director & character designer)
  • Bayonetta (producer)
  • Resident Evil 4 (lead designer)
  • Mega Man & Bass (character designer)
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3 (character artist)
  • Resident Evil 3, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil remake, Resident Evil 0, God Hand, Dino Crisis 3 (special fx artist)
Kazuhiro Tsushiya mentions in his Twitter bio that he's now in charge of Street Fighter and Mega Man franchises, so he replaces Ono as he one in charge of the SF series (remember that Ono wasn't director or producer of SFV, he was executive producer, guy in charge of the series and was also in charge of building the Capcom eSports division):
https://twitter.com/KazzDa
Some of Kazuhiro Tsushiya's previous works:
  • Teppen (Capcom brand supervisor)
  • Mega Man 11 (producer)
  • Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (producer)
  • Capcom Arcade Cabinet (producer)
  • Super Smash Bros. 3DS+Ultimate (Capcom brand supervisor)
  • Project X Zone 2 (Capcom brand supervisor)
  • Asura's Wrath (producer)
  • Capcom Classics Collection: Reloaded (producer)
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo (programmer)
  • Mega Man 7 (programmer)

CAPCOM FIGHTING COLLECTION
  • Includes the arcade classics Darkstalkers, Night Warriors, Vampire Hunter 2, Vampire Savior, Vampire Savior 2, Hyper Street Fighter II, Super Gem Fighter, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, Red Earth and Cyberbots
  • Coming 24 June 2022
  • PS4, Switch, XBO, PC
  • Ranked, casual and lobby online matches
  • Rollback netcode online play for all games
  • Over 500 gallery items (official art, concept art, design documents, over 400 BGM tracks)
  • EX settings
  • Training mode
  • Save mid-game
  • Fighting awards
  • Screen filters
https://www.capcom-games.com/cfc/en-uk/

Last edited:

nikos

Can't wait to see more! Mostly likely at EVO.

Expecting a February 2023 release.

Last edited:
That collection looks great.

I have not even touched SF5 that much...and a new one is coming out. This always happens; you start to get into the game and then a new iteration comes out.

paolo11

If we are getting more news this summer, when do you think this will release? Is it possible this will release early 2024 or 2023?

Labolas

Well this was the most obvious thing ever. Not really a fan of the RE engine. Also called it on them using the RE engine for SF, shit they'll use that for all their major releases in the future.

RhyDin

When companies put out these online collection games that will inevitably die quickly because no crossplay, I wish they would show you how many players are playing each game from the main screens so you would know if it is even a waste of time to launch the game and queue up, etc.

[Sigma]

That logo looks like some esports crap lol. I guess the visuals may be pointing towards Re Engine maybe. They puts some sandals on Ryu lol. Got damn I hate announcements of announcements. We know the game was already in development, you should have just waited til you were ready to show some gameplay footage instead of this annoying way of doing it.

Last edited:

Ivan

I don't like it. This type of stylized/realistic graphics never worked for me, some strange blend that I actually hate.

yurinka

It's hard to believe how every single Street Fighter thread gets always full of hate, negativity and shit posts, specially from people who didn't played it. In this case, even without seeing gameplay.

In my case I'd prefer cel shared anime aesthetics, like Guilty Gear Strive, but with an artstyle that would be a mixture of the Street Fighter Alpha, Street Fighter III and Street Fighter II Animated Movie ones. But well, who knows. Maybe the this artstyle is only for the teaser or some intro cinematic and the gameplay features a very different art style, as happened with the SFIV or SFV games. But other than that I'm super hyped, can't wait to know more about the game. Looking forward to the EVO finals.

Last edited:
Top Bottom