• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals, Discussion, and Nintendo Item Stock Watch 10

Trogdor1123

Pretty sure thats regular price, thats what I paid at EB Games a couple months back for the new gold headset. Its actually pretty decent, feels sturdy, definitely feels great with the PSVR, for comfort I put it at about a 7.5, after extended play times you start to feel abit hot under the headphones. Where as my Hyper Cloud II's are a 10 for comfort but also wired.
Given the last gold's poor quality and worse warranty support I would suggest people wait on these.

God I forgot how mad this made me. Makes me rethink buying a ps5.

Given the last gold's poor quality and worse warranty support I would suggest people wait on these.

God I forgot how mad this made me. Makes me rethink buying a ps5.

I had a Playstation Pulse headset break on me, the plastic gave out where it connects to the ear phones and that sucked I really liked the sound of those. I do kinda hate that they use plastic but to my understanding they corrected the build on these. The new gold headset seems pretty well built, for wireless headphones with decent volume I recommend them, hopefully that doesnt come back to bite me.

Trogdor1123

Yours too huh? I was infuriated when mine broke and there was nothing I could do about it.
Yep, I was even within warranty and they refused to fix it. Nearly called me a liar about the damage. I had a rant on here about it I think.

I just said f it. Went with turtle Beach 800 elites instead. They are ok, they have their own issues but build quality isn't one of them.

Speaking of headsets, is there good HDMI wireless ones now? My turtle Beach uses usb (for power I think) and optical. Im on a probso optical is fine but I suspect HDMI only will be my next set.

BestBuy has a Labour Day sale going on right now til Sept 6 on quite abit of stuff across the board, Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft, games, wheels, PSVR bundles and software. I picked up Mario Party Top 100 (mini games) for $29.99 CAD yesterday. Looks like they're trying to clear some stock for the new titles coming out in the fall/ winter.

Darko

Anyone order from amazon lately and have it delivered by "intelcom"? It was just a regular dude with an app on his phone like uber lol

BestBuy must be getting a huge stock of them because they've been up for awhile now, I'd suggest getting your preorder in sooner than later, running the risk of BestBuy doing the whole classic oversell thing.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I grabbed one. The current games list isn't that impressive so I might end up canceling it.
Yeah I'm not sure if I'm going to keep mine either, simply because I'm going to have to buy a Switch just a few days later. Not sure if I can justify spending an extra $150 on top of that.

Wasnt sure where else to put this, so thought I'd share here. Limited Run Games now has 'Golf Story' up for pre-order. As of the moment of posting this you can still get the Golf Story Winners Edition and Golf Story Regular Edition. For anyone who hasn't played this on the Switch, this is one of the best indie games of all time and apparently was the most requested game to have a limited run print for the Nintendo Switch. Keep in mind prices are in USD.

Meelapo

Neo Member
Any recommendations for how to get rid of games? I've got an unopened copy of Octopath Traveler that I can't return because I'm outside of the 30 days return window. I mainly use Kijiji but is there another method that folks use?

Trogdor1123

Any recommendations for how to get rid of games? I've got an unopened copy of Octopath Traveler that I can't return because I'm outside of the 30 days return window. I mainly use Kijiji but is there another method that folks use?
That's really the only way, maybe Facebook?

There are several facebook groups, game trading, selling, likely atleast one in your area locally as I've used the one in my area locally to buy used games and sell a tube TV for retro gaming.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So I called up my local EB Games to see if they were doing a midnight launch for RDR2 and they said no, but instead will be selling the game the night before at 9PM. So for those picking it up there, keep an eye out and you can play a day early.

Last edited:
Even though Boxing Day is kinda our thing, we'll partake in the Black Friday sales, wish our neighbors to the south a Happy Thanksgiving and watch the crazy videos of people literally beating each other for a 55' Westinghouse TV.

Here are some notable deals for Canadian's Black Friday sales; with Best Buy probably offering the best deals and price protection for 30 days.

Nintendo Switch Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundle: $379.99 CAD (Seems to be the going rate at EB Games/ Walmart for Black Friday this year) - https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/nintendo-switch-mario-kart-8-deluxe-bundle/13208347.aspx?

Moss/ Astrobot PSVR bundle: $249.99 CAD (this is a smoking deal, no move controllers just the camera, headset and games) - https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/playstation-vr-astro-bot-moss-bundle/13213052.aspx?

XboxOne X: $499.99 CAD (seems to be the standard $100 off everywhere for Black Friday, I would think we might see this slightly cheaper or atleast again around boxing day, just my own opinion though) - https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/xbox-one-x-1tb-console-black/11558330.aspx?

Spiderman / PS4 Slim 1TB PS4 [not themed] : $259.99 CAD (Will likely sell out quick - unfortunately no deals I saw on the PS4 Pro - https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/playstation-4-1tb-spider-man-bundle/13188266.aspx?

Lots of games and a mix match of prices, Assassin's Creed Odyssey $39.99 CAD, NHL 19 $39.99 CAD at Walmart

God Of War $29.99 CAD, Nier Automata $19.99 CAD, Star Wars Battlefront 2 is $9.99 and the Geonosis and Obi Wan free dlc lands on Nov 28th. You can pick these deals up at BestBuy

EB Games has Far Cry 5 for $29.99 CAD, South Park Fractured But Whole for $14.99 CAD, Skyrim PSVR $39.99 CAD

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is going for $49.99 CAD everywhere.

PS4 Controllers are $49.99 everywhere, get them at EB Games for once in your life get the 'game play guarantee' for $7.00 and if anything happens to the controller within 1 yr take it in with the receipt and get a brand new controller for no cost.

Happy shopping...

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Not sure if old but Dark Souls remastered for ps4 is 14.99 at ebgames and Amazon. Qualifies for prime shipping too.

Ordered it myself.

Not sure if we have any other Canadian's tracking down Amiibos to continue their Smash series ones but I thought it'd be a good place to share and see if anyone has experienced anything better/ different.

Picked up my copy of Smash Ultimate Thursday night 9pm launch, I've literally been playing almost non-stop, aside to heading to a friends poker game last night, the game is SO good.

I have noticed the Amiibo situation in Canada seems very fucked up as usual. I've only seen Ridley out in the wild, I have that pre-ordered and got a pre-order in for the new Inkling Girl, both through BestBuy. No other pre-orders available, no news, EB Games got a re-stock of prior Smash series Amiibos and few Ridley's., no word on where and when for Wolf or Daisy which were supposed to release Dec 7, 2018 as a wave, here we go again.

Next wave of new Amiibos hits in February I believe.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For anyone wanting Gamepass and misses out on any $1/mth or discounts, it seems stores like BB, Walmart and Costco have 12 month cards for $89.99. It is printed on the cards, so it's perma deals.

So even if you miss out on those digital deals, there is no way you should ever pay the normal price of $12/mth.

Someone once mentioned in this thread I was keeping this thread alive, so I'm back again. Under self isolation in Canada with not too many 'options available for physical games that aren't all sold out and game departments that look looted (Walmart), London Drugs has been a gold mine since this all started and I meant to post sooner but was busy playing my new games lol. I've grabbed Death Stranding $39.99 CAD, MediEvil for $29.99 CAD and two days ago I picked up Borderlands 3 for $24.99 CAD. London Drugs frequently slips under the radar as a place to shop for games but they're a real hotspot right now for deals, FYI

Someone once mentioned in this thread I was keeping this thread alive, so I'm back again. Under self isolation in Canada with not too many 'options available for physical games that aren't all sold out and game departments that look looted (Walmart), London Drugs has been a gold mine since this all started and I meant to post sooner but was busy playing my new games lol. I've grabbed Death Stranding $39.99 CAD, MediEvil for $29.99 CAD and two days ago I picked up Borderlands 3 for $24.99 CAD. London Drugs frequently slips under the radar as a place to shop for games but they're a real hotspot right now for deals, FYI
Are these in store deals only? The website won't show the sale prices?

Are these in store deals only? The website won't show the sale prices?
Non-advertised and yes I just walked in.

Interestingly enough hen I was looking at a different game I thought was on sale, the employee looked it up and said that had it been on sale in the past 30 days he would have given me the deal. Apparently whatever I was looking at, at the time had never been on sale. The point being is it goes to show that they are lenient.

redstars

Neo Member
Get a minimum $10 when you trade towards Last of Us 2 at ebgames
Run dates: June 18th-21st

Offer only valid on games traded in for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 & Xbox One. Offer excludes Sport Games. Game must have a minimum $1 Trade Value to qualify. Games must include original cases and artwork. Cannot be combined with any other trade offer including EDGE. No duplicate titles accepted. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Trades are subject to Manager approval. Offer subject to change at any time.

My TLoU2 preorder from amazon got delayed to the 23rd. Pretty fuckin annoying.
That is annoying. If its not a CE or SE of any sort, I'd cancel it and go pick up a copy at EB Games if I were you. Don't bother going to BestBuy I was there yesterday and they said they had no copies left for pre-order.

Top Bottom