• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

And then mailed in a bubble mailer so the box gets damaged!
Thanks for this.

I wasn't expecting the SNES Classic until Sunday (since that's when Amazon's expected delivery time was), but after reading your post I went to check the tracking information and it said it was delivered. I ran downstairs to check my mailbox and, sure enough, there it was (in that over-sized bubble envelope, with about 3/4 of it sticking out of the mailbox).

It's a good thing I don't live in a more busy area, anyone walking by and looking in could have easily seen the package just stuffed in there (they normally put it between the door and the screen-door, but not today. Thankfully, the box isn't damaged, so it appears I was lucky.

Ventara

Goddamit, I wanted to take advantage of this B3G1 free book deal on Amazon with some artbooks/strategy guides, and now I have 40 books in my cart to choose from and reading parkablogs for the past 2 hours, lol.

If you wish to push me deeper down this hole, what artbooks on Amazon do you recommend?

Edit: lol, why am I looking at Kung-Fu Panda artbooks?

pestul

My Amazon Prime SNES is finally shipping but of course won't arrive until Thursday... the benefits of living in Newfoundland.

i-Jest

Goddamit, I wanted to take advantage of this B3G1 free book deal on Amazon with some artbooks/strategy guides, and now I have 40 books in my cart to choose from and reading parkablogs for the past 2 hours, lol.

If you wish to push me deeper down this hole, what artbooks on Amazon do you recommend?

Edit: lol, why am I looking at Kung-Fu Panda artbooks?

Anything FromSoft related, assuming Amazon itself still sells them.

On an unrelated note, Does the WiiU recognize these SD cards in Wii Mode?

https://m.costco.ca/Kingston-64-GB-Class-10-SDXC-UHS-I-Card,-2-pack.product.100364614.html

https://m.costco.ca/Kingston-128-GB-Class-10-SDXC-UHS-I-U3-Card.product.100364629.html

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Amazon shipping has become bullshit. They take forever to ship a product.

I'm prime and it still takes 2 days for an item to leave the warehouse, everytime.

Yet, BestBuy - bought, shipped same day.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
SAVE 8% BY SPENDING MORE MONEY!

chrono01

amazon has a deal on books, buy 3 books and get one free, expires October 1, 11:59 p.m. (PST)

also not prime exclusive.
Does this work for pre-orders, as well? If so, I might pre-order a few of the upcoming volumes of Prison School, as well as a couple other manga.

leeman

I seen someone raise a good question.

What happens if you order 3 books that are pre-orders, 1 that is in stock (the 1 being the least expensive, IE: the free one), and then cancel the other 3 pre-orders once the 1 ships? Do you get a free book?

chrono01

Awesome stuff, thanks.

Guess I'll be pre-ordering a few manga later this evening!

I seen someone raise a good question.

What happens if you order 3 books that are pre-orders, 1 that is in stock (the 1 being the least expensive, IE: the free one), and then cancel the other 3 pre-orders once the 1 ships? Do you get a free book?
I'm guessing it'll be similar to the previous E3 deals, where if you make an order with 3+ games for the discount and try to go below 3 after one of them ships the website won't allow you.

Ventara

Wtf, is the B3G1 free over? I don't see the promo anymore. Shiiiit, I was still deciding. :(

Edit: Yup, it's over. Fucking Amazon can't even stick to their own scheduled promos.

zroid

Banned
Wtf, is the B3G1 free over? I don't see the promo anymore. Shiiiit, I was still deciding. :(

Edit: Yup, it's over. Fucking Amazon can't even stick to their own scheduled promos.

lol no shit? I was thinking of sleeping on it and placing my order in the morning, but a few hours ago i just said fuck it and ordered some stuff anyway (thinking I could cancel tomorrow if i changed my mind)

i'm pretty sure i can guess why they ended it early though; the promo was actually matching Indigo's same B3G1 promo, however theirs was in-stores only, and indigo's store prices are not even comparable to indigo.ca or amazon.ca. so it makes sense they didn't want to keep matching it.

Mimosa97

I've been busy as fuck with work and haven't checked this thread or the discord in weeks. What's up with the SNES classic? Any way for us peasants in Quebec to get our hands on the console?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I've been busy as fuck with work and haven't checked this thread or the discord in weeks. What's up with the SNES classic? Any way for us peasants in Quebec to get our hands on the console?
Yeah, you could've walked into a store at opening yesterday. Nintendo pulled their head out of their ass and lifted the restriction that wasn't needed in the first place.

BB also tweeted yesterday there would be a restock "in the coming days".
https://twitter.com/BBYC_GamersClub/status/913875308289445889

Ventara

lol no shit? I was thinking of sleeping on it and placing my order in the morning, but a few hours ago i just said fuck it and ordered some stuff anyway (thinking I could cancel tomorrow if i changed my mind)

i'm pretty sure i can guess why they ended it early though; the promo was actually matching Indigo's same B3G1 promo, however theirs was in-stores only, and indigo's store prices are not even comparable to indigo.ca or amazon.ca. so it makes sense they didn't want to keep matching it.

I knew I should've ordered as soon as possible. They always end their book promos early, but I figured a few hours would be okay.

At the very least, I now have a list of books I want in my wishlist to order quickly if they ever do this again.

pestul

New....where?
I know right..

We cry a little inside when you guys complain about not receiving pre-orders on launch day or within a few days for that matter. We're incredibly lucky if we get something in 3-5days, but are mostly happy if received within a week. My EBGames SNES Mini shipped Friday night and will also arrive Thursday. At least I'm off work that day.

Just bought a SNES Classic at Best Buy!

custC.gif

is there an app to see what games go on sale?

I'm wanting to get the monument valley 1 and 2 on my iPhone?

Is there a notification for this type of stuff? Or do I just look every week like everyone else?

cube444

Just wanted to give "Fuzzy" some props. Met up with him and he sold me his extra SNES mini at cost. Cool guy and very nice of him to do that.

P.S. Just got an email stating Wal-Mart cancelled my order. I planned on giving that one to a buddy. What a joke Wal-Mart is. :lol

shaneo632

Just bought myself a bargain Switch bundle off E-Bay. For £390 I got:

Switch
Pro Controller
2 extra joy-cons
Mario Kart 8
Zelda
2x steering wheels
2x controller grips
2x controller toppers
carry case

I'll sell most of it off and keep the Switch and the games. In the end the console itself will end up costing me about £210-220 I think.

Ventara

Switch
Pro Controller
2 extra joy-cons
Mario Kart 8
Zelda
2x steering wheels
2x controller grips
2x controller toppers
carry case

I'll sell most of it off and keep the Switch and the games. In the end the console itself will end up costing me about £210-220 I think.

Not a bad deal when you consider the tax you saved from buying new, but I think you'll have a hard time bringing the price to £220. Maybe £270.

I'm still sour I missed the B3G1 free. I guess I'll just put in a preorder for now to take advantage of the 8% off promo.

Switch
Pro Controller
2 extra joy-cons
Mario Kart 8
Zelda
2x steering wheels
2x controller grips
2x controller toppers
carry case

Nicely done. There's lots of good deals to be had from the UK given the recent dollar strength.

zroid

Banned
so i just checked my amazon book order and looks like the 8% discount has adjusted to take 8% off 32.39 instead of whatever the Zelda book cost previously. I was worried it would behave like those games discounts that just ignore price drops, so that's a relief. Furthermore I noticed that the 8% was taken off value of all 4 books, not just the 3 that are being paid for. Even better!

pretty good deal, this was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom