• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimosa97

I'm currently using Prime for Students which is $39/yr, but I've taken advantage of so many deals that I'll probably keep my prime going even after I'm out of school.

Whenever I buy a new game using the Prime discount, I'm usually able to sell it on Kijiji around for a few bucks under what I bought it at. For example, I got Horizon for $70 (got $5 off for that RE7 error) and sold it for $60 a week later. That and the free Twitch subs make Prime worth it for me. 2-day shipping has always been pretty good for me, too.

You finished Horizon in a week ?

So long, OT8, it's been a ride. I look forward to OT9, wherein we all fight to the death for the only two copies of Super Mario Odyssey LE in Canada (for $499.99, of course).

I may stand corrected, but I'd assumed the important date is when you make the order, not when it's shipped.

Fairly certain you need an active Prime membership when it ships.

I also signed up for the trial so I could lock the deal in. Now I have a month to consider if it's worth the membership fee I guess.

Question for those familiar with Wii game prices.

My nephew wants to sell off some of his games and was going to take them to EB, told him no and gave him $100 for them for now until I sold them all on Kijiji. I'm assuming I'll get at least as much for them and will give him the difference once they're all sold.

Anyway. One of the games is Kirby's Dream Collection SE for the Wii. I'm not seeing anything cheaper than $60. Is this a fair asking price or is that a bloated price because it's Nintendo?

I'm not looking to squeeze out as much as possible, just trying to help out my nephew a bit since he's too young to be buying and selling on Kijiji.

eyesradar

It was my reading week! I put in about 8 hours a day, which isn't typical of me but it's such a good game.

Plat'ed Horizon over 4 long sessions right before Switch came out! Was able to trade it in for $40 x 2 towards Switch. I actually made a small profit by preordering and beating the game in-time lol.

Nester99

So, do most of you have Amazon Prime? There's like the 6-month trial but that's only for students. $80/year just seems too steep for me.

I signed up for the free trial month last E3.

The month got bumped to a free trial year with it expiring summer 2018.
No idea how, i read it happend to others, checked my prime info and it was 2018

Ventara

Question for those familiar with Wii game prices.

My nephew wants to sell off some of his games and was going to take them to EB, told him no and gave him $100 for them for now until I sold them all on Kijiji. I'm assuming I'll get at least as much for them and will give him the difference once they're all sold.

Anyway. One of the games is Kirby's Dream Collection SE for the Wii. I'm not seeing anything cheaper than $60. Is this a fair asking price or is that a bloated price because it's Nintendo?

I'm not looking to squeeze out as much as possible, just trying to help out my nephew a bit since he's too young to be buying and selling on Kijiji.

When trying to sell, I like to look up the prices of the sold listings on Ebay. Here's Kirby's Dream Collection. Compare the condition of your copy to the ones that have sold and try to find a median. Subtract $5-$10 for Ebay/Paypal fees and having the buyer come to you.

If your copy is complete with everything in mint condition, $60 seems like a good asking price.

Mimosa97

It was my reading week! I put in about 8 hours a day, which isn't typical of me but it's such a good game.

I was able to sell horizon last week for $70 so who knows?

I'm 50 hours in and haven't beaten the game yet. That's why I thought you sold it before finishing the game which would have been a crime against humanity lol

Where did you get that much money for horizon ? Kijiji ? Dafuq

Socreges

Banned
Can I conceivably cancel Prime, renew just before FFXII is slated to ship, and cancel when it does? So I just pay the one monthly fee?

May be old news, I already got one so I am not really on the look out. For those who are, more Switches on Amazon today:

rn8Imq2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom