• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

N° 2048

Canadian Shipping Deals & Discussion 9: Amazon is shi*ERROR* I Love Amazon

9sxHPBx.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Canadian Shipping Deals & Discussion 9: Amazon is shi*ERROR* I Love Amazon

Basically. I hate the practice of hiding orders behind paywalls, Amazon constantly fucking up the 20% off for me and screwing up shipping, but the handful of pricing errors every year sort of pay for Prime itself.

etta

my hard graphic balls
It's harder to decide on color options than it is between brands lmao.
The nightfall grey with black and kalahari brown leather interior looks fucking ace, but then so does summit white with all black leather... fuck fuck fuck.

SickBoy

I hope next week there's a killer sale on PSN because I can't find enough stuff that I'm interested in this week to get with that 20% off coupon (a couple of things, but do I really want to save $3 with a coupon that has so much more potential?).

Still, if you ever have real people in your home playing video games or not predisposed to immediately turning up their noses, you should get whatever Jackbox stuff is on sale :)

NYR

I ended up re-ordering <_<

I either do a return, hold onto them as extras if something happens in the future, or give them to friends.

I was thinking about that. My joy con is in repair right now, so I can't really play handheld mode. I'm going to give it a week to see if the joy con and delivery of the protector come through for next week. If not, I will re-consider a re-order.

Physical costs more to make, and doesnt it come with a bunch of extra shit?

That's what I just noticed with the "Collector edition" on the image of the case but there is no information on the page. Will look it up! I knew it had to be something more than physical vs digital because we barely ever get lower price for digital copies of games.

Ventara

Yeah, it still works, when you add it to the cart and go to the last step, still shows up at the discounted price.

I bet this is going to be cancelled.

I'm passing since I don't have Prime, but I can see them leaving these orders as is after fixing the page. They honoured all those XCX orders at $16.

Wow... I uhh... this is the first time this thread has actually had a useful deal for me. Usually this thread is just 100 pages of shipping talk in a row with random mentions of deals where you need to camp the thread and read everything to actually notice them in between a bunch of people whining that their discounted game is a couple days late.

Thanks!

why does amazon sometimes use 1day/2day shipping options and other times uses express/priority options, whats the difference and what determines it?

zroid

Banned
Wow... I uhh... this is the first time this thread has actually had a useful deal for me. Usually this thread is just 100 pages of shipping talk in a row with random mentions of deals where you need to camp the thread and read everything to actually notice them in between a bunch of people whining that their discounted game is a couple days late.

Thanks!

Welcome to Canada

So Final Fantasy 12 is the game giving us the final push to OT9, who would've thought? I totally expected switch stock issues and related things to push it to the end.

why does amazon sometimes use 1day/2day shipping options and other times uses express/priority options, whats the difference and what determines it?

From what I've been able to determine not all games support 1-Day delivery or Release Day delivery. If the game supports it you'll get 1/2 day options. If it doesn't you'll be stuck with Express/Priority.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.

Vaeghar

Neo Member
Ordered the FFXII steelbook! $31.35 is an awesome price.

Kept my original FFXII preorder just in case this glitch/deal goes south.

evanmisha

While we're on the topic of Amazon price errors, anyone still looking to unload their Lego City Undercover Switch pre-order? Cost + something for your time, maybe? PM me. Toronto area.

Ventara

So, do most of you have Amazon Prime? There's like the 6-month trial but that's only for students. $80/year just seems too steep for me.

farisr

So, do most of you have Amazon Prime? There's like the 6-month trial but that's only for students. $80/year just seems too steep for me.
I was subbed to EZA on twitch, so the twitch prime subscription helped me justify the cost. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have gotten Prime.

baconcow

Those Orzly glass screen protectors are now fulfilled by Amazon prime. Mine are arriving Tuesday.

I had contacted them, shortly after ordering and before it shipped, voicing some concern about shipping times. Would have been nice if they offered to cancel mine and told me to order directly from Amazon since they had some being fulfilled by Amazon shortly. Don't really want to reorder and get stuck with an extra set I won't use.

I'm currently using Prime for Students which is $39/yr, but I've taken advantage of so many deals that I'll probably keep my prime going even after I'm out of school.

Whenever I buy a new game using the Prime discount, I'm usually able to sell it on Kijiji around for a few bucks under what I bought it at. For example, I got Horizon for $70 (got $5 off for that RE7 error) and sold it for $60 a week later. That and the free Twitch subs make Prime worth it for me. 2-day shipping has always been pretty good for me, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom