• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
For shits and giggles I just ordered the Orzly screen protector on .ca site with estimate delivery by Wednesday. Would be hilarious af if I receive this before the order from .com site.

Holy shit its true, says arriving by the 29th.

Hopefully I wont have to wait 3-4 more weeks.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Fucking finally, new Sony TV lineup is available.
X900E is $1,699, reviews like a beast.
I think I'll get this.

Lexxism

I finally received my orzly screen protector from .ca. It was shipped on March 3rd. So, 15 business days. Good thing I installed it flawlessly without any dust and bubbles.

Savitar

Still waiting on my ozly screen protector from. ca as well.

It tells me it'll get here between 31 Mar - 25 Apr, kinda typical for deliveries from the UK, thankfully they tend to get here much sooner than not.

But I'm still waiting for now.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
They just changed their shipping method a few days ago. So people who order now will get it before those who ordered 2 weeks ago.

Jesus I only ordered it a few days ago on Tuesday.

Oh well.

Nooooo not prime. I ordered my orzly via amazon.com but at least it might arrive next week after ordering mar 8. Looks like my cancelled .ca order shipped also though so maybe I will have 4....

I finally received my orzly screen protector from .ca. It was shipped on March 3rd. So, 15 business days. Good thing I installed it flawlessly without any dust and bubbles.

If anyone in Toronto wants mine at cost PM me. Don't have it yet but Monday is the last "arrival estimate" date.

killroy87

I think I have like four different tempered glass protectors coming to me or something, and thy are all taking their sweet ass time. I keep ordering new ones, hoping it won't take like a month and a half

kevin1025

Banned
Went into the EB Games around the corner and inquired about Switches. They've only gotten 20 since the initial batch, haha. That's... not a lot.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition is currently $9.95 on Amazon.ca! Free shipping with Prime.

That's a nice price and finally what I'm willing to pay as an Xbox newbie. I've only played Gears 4 in the series so far. I'm actually getting Gears of War Ultimate Edition for free....using the $10 credit I got for Mass Effect PS4 shipping late (which actually arrived yesterday anyway after the Monday estimate was moved up). So I'm pretty stoked!

etta

my hard graphic balls
I think I have like four different tempered glass protectors coming to me or something, and thy are all taking their sweet ass time. I keep ordering new ones, hoping it won't take like a month and a half
That's why man invented the cancel order button.

Lexxism

Goddamn. Gamestop is planning to close at least 150 stores worldwide. I wonder how many Canadian stores are going to be affected on this.

EDIT:

DEAL. Sort of.

Check your email. Sony is giving 20% off coupon!

Goddamn. Gamestop is planning to close at least 150 stores worldwide. I wonder how many Canadian stores are going to be affected on this.

EDIT:

DEAL. Sort of.

Fuck came here to post about the code and you beat me to it!

Ventara

Found Nier: Automata used today and picked it up alongside Nioh and Berseria for the B2G1 free promo. Came out to $42 (plus tax) a piece, which is pretty sweet, Though now I'm conflicted on what to play after Zelda. Was set on TLG, but Nier and Berseria are pulling me towards them, not to mention P5 is next week. #firstworldproblems lol

On a side note, at an EB I was at, there was this lady trading in a bunch of used games. Saw one of them was Blue Dragon and asked the clerk if I can buy it after she was done, and she just straight up gave it to me. They were giving her $1 for it, but still super awesome of her. So that was nice.

EDIT:

DEAL. Sort of.

Damn. Hope Canadian stores aren't affected too much. Really don't get the hard-on some have for EB closing up. At worst, it's an option you don't have to use, and at best, they can have some amazing trade-in deals and promos.

Edit:

Gears of War Ultimate Edition is currently $9.95 on Amazon.ca! Free shipping with Prime.

That's a nice price and finally what I'm willing to pay as an Xbox newbie. I've only played Gears 4 in the series so far. I'm actually getting Gears of War Ultimate Edition for free....using the $10 credit I got for Mass Effect PS4 shipping late (which actually arrived yesterday anyway after the Monday estimate was moved up). So I'm pretty stoked!

Nice! And I believe it includes digital copies of the 4 games on X360. Will definitely pick it up. Thanks for posting!
Edit 2: Nooo, I was wrong. Deadline for the old digital games has long passed.

I practically never buy anything from EB Games anymore, but I can see where this leads: eventually you'll only be able to buy video games from mom and pop stores (yay!) and Amazon (...).

terrible

Banned
I only get playstation newsletters for new game releases. I never get the letters with coupons or even the cool ones that show how much you've played online and such. I wonder why.

kevin1025

Banned
I asked today too about pro controllers, guy said he had seen more actual Switch consoles than Pro Controllers since launch :(

Hopefully April is more prosperous. With Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the way, I imagine there will be a larger amount of consoles and controllers coming.

At least, I hope so.

EDIT:[/B]
DEAL. Sort of.

Now to decide if I want Persona 5 digital or physical... I can't decide! Sweet ass box art, or $8.72 in savings...

Edit: Never mind, coupon codes don't work on preorders. Curses.

Madness

While it does show its age, it is still a great game and if you liked Gears 4, you'll like seeing how it started.

While it does show its age, it is still a great game and if you liked Gears 4, you'll like seeing how it started.

Thanks, sounds good. I'm very much looking forward to giving it a go. Though I'm sure Gears 2 will look pretty bad in comparison. I have the 360 versions of Gears 2, 3, and Judgement that came with Gears 4.

P.S. Sunset Overdrive is $7.95 and Mirror's Edge Catalyst also $7.95 for XB1 on Amazon. Amazing prices for physical copies.

Ventara

Yeah, I might just get Mirror's Edge on X1. I want to get it on PS4, but I need like 50 cents more to get free shipping and would rather buy something I want than a cheap filler.

killroy87

How are people getting these Sony 20% off codes??

Weird. Well, if anyone has one they don't plan on using, I'll be grateful to take it off your hands.

Bronetta

PSN never sends me emails :(

nath999

Went into the EB Games around the corner and inquired about Switches. They've only gotten 20 since the initial batch, haha. That's... not a lot.

That's kind of a lot for a console that launched 2 weeks ago. It's not like EB is the only place Nintendo is shipping to and they said they plan to ship 16 Million units this year alone.

kevin1025

Banned
That's kind of a lot for a console that launched 2 weeks ago. It's not like EB is the only place Nintendo is shipping to and they said they plan to ship 16 Million units this year alone.

True enough. My concern is that the push for more units won't likely be felt until summer, leaving things in dire straits until then. I'm not joining the hunt for one until a week or so from now, so just hoping the chances get better with Mario Kart around the corner.

I'm hoping things get a tad easier. It was rough finding a Wii in my local area until around May back when that first launched.

Ugh, getting errors when linking my nintendo account to my switch, looks like alot of people are having issues

Anyone here know what to do?

As promised, pics of the screen protector. Its well packaged and comes with 2 screen protectors, stickers to grab dust, a small plastic card to push out air bubbles, wet nap, and cleaning cloth.

RtzBLBYl.jpg

And here it is applied to my switch, hard to photograph but its on there. It was pretty easy to put on and covers the entire black bezel of the screen. I'm pretty satisfied with the result and now more comfortable putting it in the dock.

ruZn33Zl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom