• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada Xbox serie X/S Supply issue.

RayHell

Look like Canadian retailers will miss the launch date for Xbox Series X/S. A bunch of forums and social media are filled with Canadian people who are stuck with no info on the shipping date. Every store I contacted say their still waiting for the supply from the manufacturer. On my part I'm pissed at Microsoft for their lack of transparency on the situation. Sony at least has the decency to tell the stores about their limited supply.

If your Canadian can't you tell us the status of your order ?

We shall see, my xbx is with amazon and they could ship today and it would be here tomorrow. As long as I get either that or my ps5 this week I will be ready for the fall shutdown :messenger_sunglasses:

//DEVIL//

Yeah I am experiencing the same issue. My Xbox and ps5 preorders at amazon both says we will still contact you when we ship it. I was charged with Best Buy for the ps5 and I am expecting the same from Walmart soon too.
Sony is way better than Xbox in this

RayHell

We shall see, my xbx is with amazon and they could ship today and it would be here tomorrow. As long as I get either that or my ps5 this week I will be ready for the fall shutdown :messenger_sunglasses:
If we compare to US and UK who already have their shipping date I wouldn't be so optimistic. Look like supply are limited and Microsoft is directing them to their favorable market.

oldergamer

It depends when you put yor order in. So far ive got my confirmation in Canada. So i dont think this is a wide spread problem after speaking to many that also got thiers.

PuffyCan

I ordered through MS store canada and received my tracking number during the weekend... it's coming from the US. I don't think I'll get it tommorow, there is no estimated delivery date from the carrier.

I won't be mad if a bunch of PS5s/XBOX's that were allocated for Canadian preorders actually end up in the states. Was too lazy to preorder, but now I want one close to launch day.

• Triggered
Reactions: KO7
So best buy canada says we should get the email today with tracking number.

Dont try and contact them, they dont have any more info than whats on the site.

Kagey K

Banned
I ordered through MS store canada and received my tracking number during the weekend... it's coming from the US. I don't think I'll get it tommorow, there is no estimated delivery date from the carrier.
Yeah mine and a friends have both been stuck in Memphis for over a day. His got there 9 hours before mine.

Edit: No movement on Best Buy for me.

Last edited:
Expect delays then if you ordered on Best buy. They use canada post and theyre already saying on their site to shop early because the volumes will be high this holiday. That means delays.

this sucks

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
As early as 12th for my ps5 preorder on bestbuy still. It says "in progress"

Nothing on amazon for the series X

CalvLyfeson

Neo Member
Just got my shipping confirmation from Best Buy Canada. Clicked on their tracking and it says "estimated delivery date November 20th". Hoping it's just a placeholder date. No tracking available through Canada Post yet. Ugh.

Just got my shipping confirmation from Best Buy Canada. Clicked on their tracking and it says "estimated delivery date November 20th". Hoping it's just a placeholder date. No tracking available through Canada Post yet. Ugh.

I think it is, i added my number to the canada post app and it says by the 12th end of day.

On the BB site it says 16th
From the email i got, it says the 20th
canada post app says the 12th

who to believe

Last edited:

Qaloon

I got my tracking info from Microsoft on Saturday. It's been sitting at Memphis since Sunday. It usually ends up in Mississauga next based on previous order history but I hope they get moving soon.

CalvLyfeson

Neo Member
I think it is, i added my number to the canada post app and it says by the 12th end of day.

On the BB site is says 16th
From the email i got it says the 20th
canada post app says the 12th

who to believe
That's kind of reassuring. Canada Post would probably be the best gauge. I bought a laptop from best buy a few weeks ago and their own tracking was way off. So fingers crossed.

That's kind of reassuring. Canada Post would probably be the best gauge. I bought a laptop from best buy a few weeks ago and their own tracking was way off. So fingers crossed.

Yeah i think you're right. I think Canada post is definitely the best gauge here. Thankfully.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
My Xbox Series X tracking shows it shipped on Nov 7th. Last update was that it is sitting in transit at Memphis and that was on Sunday. No update since.

Not looking promising for tomorrow.

Edit: Purchased from Microsoft

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
My Xbox Series X tracking shows it shipped on Nov 7th. Last update was that it is sitting in transit at Memphis and that was on Sunday. No update since.

Not looking promising for tomorrow.

Edit: Purchased from Microsoft
Looks like every Canadian who ordered a Series X directly from MS is sitting in that facility right now and we are all waiting.

Last edited:

LimeyGeeza

Neo Member
Looks like every Canadian who ordered a Series X directly from MS is sitting in that facility right now and we are all waiting.

Yep same here, sitting in Memphis, Tennessee as of Sunday. Comforting thing is. It’s shipping via Fed-Ex and they usually get stuff out on time, so I’m hopeful it’ll arrive tomorrow.

except they just forecasted snow in my area, which usually causes local delivery delays...yay

//DEVIL//

With the OP permission , can we change the title to both ps5 and Xbox series X Canadian preorders ? And let’s keep this thread updated so we know if one of us got something on either consoles, means the rest should follow soon.

RayHell

With the OP permission , can we change the title to both ps5 and Xbox series X Canadian preorders ? And let’s keep this thread updated so we know if one of us got something on either consoles, means the rest should follow soon.
I don't mind but I don't even know how to change it. Do we need to ask a mod ?

Iced Arcade

Bestbuy Canada updated mine today.... Nov 16th.

*In 2pac voice* Fuck BestBuy, fuck Canada Post. Lol

Edit: updated to Nov 17th 😂

Last edited:

KO7

Walmart Canada is showing my preorder for in-store pickup as ETA of November 19th. But they’ve sent an email saying they’re “trying” for Day 1 pickups, but advising people not to show up to stores before they get the confirmation to do so. Not holding my breath for it being in my hands tomorrow or even this week.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Status on best buy for me just changed!!! AHHHHHHH YEAH

edit: IT CHANGED TO MONDAY THE 16TH, WHAT?!?!?!
you
tenor.gif

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
One from Ms shows in the u.s like everyone else, likely that hits a Canadian distribution city today and is delivered tommorow.

One from ebgames - got shipping notice this morning, expedited canada post, likely see it end of the week.

PuffyCan

One from Ms shows in the u.s like everyone else, likely that hits a Canadian distribution city today and is delivered tommorow.

One from ebgames - got shipping notice this morning, expedited canada post, likely see it end of the week.
Tracking is still in Memphis, TN for me, I don't think it'll hit any canadian city Today. Really disappointed of Microsoft if we get our pre-order later than others retailers, I mean, what's the point of selling directly to your customer if it's going to be late?

Shipping anything up here over the last 6 months has been a crapshoot, winter hitting like a freight train isn't going to speed things up.

I need a new mobo pretty bad but between supply issues on the boards I would even consider, the taxes, shipping costs and how shitty pre-ordering parts up here is in general, I'm considering letting the mobo die and just using my ancient PC parts in it's place until things even out next year.

We also just got dumped on really bad with snow, so I can't imagine people getting their consoles on launch day.

I ordered two and getting both tomorrow. Already on their way.

Where are you in Canada? (I don't need your home address, just general part of Canada)

I'm still shoveling snow and haven't seen a UPS, FedEx, Canada Post or DHL van all day and I usually see a dozen just mowing my lawn in the summer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom