• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can we hope for Tales of Arise this year?

Do you think Tales of Arise is coming in 2021?

• Total voters

SantaC

Or is covid going to push it back even further? I am starving for news.

Last edited:

Cornbread78

My most anticipated game for this year and no news in 18+ months. MS has marketing rights as well, so hopefully E3 news at the earliest.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Tales took a nosedive after Vesperia.

Arise is here to restore the glory again

Berseria has many problems. My guess is that you will get tired of the convulted equipment system soon enough.
Stop trying to convince other people that the game is bad.
You didn’t like it, thats fine. Let others enjoy and make up their own options.

Last edited:

SantaC

Stop trying to convince other people that the game is bad.
You didn’t like it, thats fine. Let others enjoy and make up their own options.
You mean opinion? Last time i checked this is a video game forum were you are allowed(unlike era) to voice your reason. So stfu and go back to era.

Last edited:

Graciaus

Tales took a nosedive after Vesperia.

Berseria has many problems. My guess is that you will get tired of the convulted equipment system soon enough.
It was fine in Berseria it's basically the system from FF9. Now if you want to talk about Zestiria that equipment system is terrible.

Edit - now that I think of it there was some rng involved.

Last edited:
Who knows, with the new strain of COVID-19 found in Japan i think people need to lower their expectations and dig into their backlog.

sublimit

Banned
How would you do remasters for the Tales series?
I don't know maybe the way they done it with Vesperia? Honestly i don't care i mostly want them because i can't find the PS3 versions for reasonable prices and they are the only Tales games (that i want) that are missing from my collection.

Cornbread78

#1) Tales took a nosedive after Vesperia.

#2) Berseria has many problems. My guess is that you will get tired of the convulted equipment system soon enough.
Ok, wait, uggh
#1) after playing the remaster, Vesperia is an over-hyped pile of trash with terrible voice acting from good VAs. Yuri as a character was good, everything else was blah....

#2) Berseria has a couple problems, mostly in the fact that it still a min budget title. PTales needs a larger budget to really grow its world map and towns/world. Other than that it was excellent.

Mikey Jr.

What was that other one....

Fuck. It was 4 people fighting a dragon. It looked so sick.

I think the devs make fighting games?

I’d like to at least see a trailer or something.

I have hopes for Arise because new engine and hopefully bigger budget. Though it does look aesthetically wise to follow the Namco trend of “everything is God Eater” which I’m not a fan of. But it could still be good.

Last edited:

Durask

Only finished two Tales games. Liked Vesperia a lot, then played and finished was Tales of Graces F which I liked. It was formulaic but fun.

Tried Tales of Xillia and it did not click with me so I put it aside, then later read plot spoilers for the game and the sequel and kinda didn't feel like starting them.

Played Tales of Zestiria for 2 hours, didn't click with me.
Played Tales of Symphonia for 3 hours, did not click with me
Played Tales of the Abyss - this was on PS2 emulator that kept crashing on me for some reason, so I gave up after 10 hours, then I deleted the save file by mistake.

Should I revisit Symphonia and Abyss?

NahaNago

Only finished two Tales games. Liked Vesperia a lot, then played and finished was Tales of Graces F which I liked. It was formulaic but fun.

Tried Tales of Xillia and it did not click with me so I put it aside, then later read plot spoilers for the game and the sequel and kinda didn't feel like starting them.

Played Tales of Zestiria for 2 hours, didn't click with me.
Played Tales of Symphonia for 3 hours, did not click with me
Played Tales of the Abyss - this was on PS2 emulator that kept crashing on me for some reason, so I gave up after 10 hours, then I deleted the save file by mistake.

Should I revisit Symphonia and Abyss?
Vesperia was what got me into tales but everything after it was just nowhere near as good. I think I beat tales of graces and started tales of xillia but I just couldn't get into it. I'm about halfway through Berseria I think but the main character is just so boring.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
You mean opinion? Last time i checked this is a video game forum were you are allowed(unlike era) to voice your reason. So stfu and go back to era.
You voiced your opinion before, there is no need to quote someone who say they liked it with stuff like “i guess you will get tired by xxx”
This has nothing to do with opinion anymore.

Lets discuss Arise

Last edited:

SSfox

That game is garbage. They realized thats why this new tales is higher budget.
I love it it's awesome like most tales of games, but sûre they could do a bit more efforts graphics wise. But still super great jrpg in its core

Last edited:
Top Bottom