• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can I be honest here...I don’t think the Xbox Series S is going to last very long into the generation.

I literally provided many captions of what he actually says in the video. So where are the lies exactly?

Unless you're telling me I've faked these images? I'm struggling to see what I could have lied about.

A proven liar saying someone else has zero credibility.. that's an incredible lack of self awareness.

Next time you accuse someone of something whether it's lying or accusing half forum of doxxing someone.. can you provide some proof or facts?

That's how everyone unearthed your appalling dishonesty last time around.
Haha pot calling kettle black huh. Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy. Most people know about your many disingenuous takes on what Jason Ronald said and you've been lying about me for months so it's not surprising you'd lie on Jason too.

No - we just know that anyone can pick one up much more easily than any next-gen console. And you're making up excuses left, right and centre for why it isn't selling.

Yep the 360 was very popular, and so is the Series X which remain sold out. So how do you reconcile that when you keep banging on and on about the last generation. Xbox lost mindshare, but the Series X is in selling faster than they can make them. Just more drivel to fill space 😁.

Your little attempt at a history lesson, and all the rubbish about why Europe doesn't like the Xbox brand is a bunch of mumbo jumbo you've just made up in your little mind. Most people simply don't agree with you that it's such great value otherwise it would be sold out - like all the other next-gen consoles lol.
I still don't see anything in your post or any other to support that the XSS won't survive the generation due to a technical limitation. You bring up the 2 generation old 360 to combat the recent X1 generation causing low interest in the Xbox brand in Europe which of course is ridiculous. You stick with sales, of which you have no hard numbers, like that will cause MS to pull the XSS off the market. Ok let's talk sales. This forum has tons of threads touting how the PS5 is out selling the XSX. I suppose that is due to technical limitations of the XSX too right? It couldn't be because one brand is more popular right? Nah! Try all you want to make this about sales it's about popularity.

Regardless of how much more popular the PS5 is over the Xbox it still won't change that the XSS is a better value and will receive support the entire generation. Developers will eventually use the hardware features and we'll see better and better games. No one thought that the XSS could run Flight Simulator and it remains a stunning title even on the XSS. The surface has only been scratched regarding its potential.

I hope you get AIDS
Don't do that bro. It's not worth it.

Yes. They've done it many times and they'll do it many more. Remember how they announced Uncharted 4 as 60fps and showed it running at 60fps in "real time"? How did that turn out? Turns out it was a pre-rendered trailer made on a "server farm" setup of PS4s using effects that they knew weren't possible on the PS4.
I find that so hard to believe. I thought it was MS that lied. Riky Riky caught them with that XSS Psychonauts 2 resolution debacle. I just hope the guys here can bring MS down.

Haha pot calling kettle black huh. Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy. Most people know about your many disingenuous takes on what Jason Ronald said and you've been lying about me for months so it's not surprising you'd lie on Jason too.

I still don't see anything in your post or any other to support that the XSS won't survive the generation due to a technical limitation. You bring up the 2 generation old 360 to combat the recent X1 generation causing low interest in the Xbox brand in Europe which of course is ridiculous. You stick with sales, of which you have no hard numbers, like that will cause MS to pull the XSS off the market. Ok let's talk sales. This forum has tons of threads touting how the PS5 is out selling the XSX. I suppose that is due to technical limitations of the XSX too right? It couldn't be because one brand is more popular right? Nah! Try all you want to make this about sales it's about popularity.

Regardless of how much more popular the PS5 is over the Xbox it still won't change that the XSS is a better value and will receive support the entire generation. Developers will eventually use the hardware features and we'll see better and better games. No one thought that the XSS could run Flight Simulator and it remains a stunning title even on the XSS. The surface has only been scratched regarding its potential.

Don't do that bro. It's not worth it.

I find that so hard to believe. I thought it was MS that lied. Riky Riky caught them with that XSS Psychonauts 2 resolution debacle. I just hope the guys here can bring MS down.
Do what? It's a joke.

Hezekiah

Banned

The only thing you see regarding Series S through your rose-tinted spectacles are the good, nothing bad. You're not capable of giving an objective opinion, that's been made obvious.

For the umpteenth time you keep turning this into Xbox Vs Playstation. It's bizarre. You just return to this rubbish time after time. The Series X is selling as soon as it becomes available. Everywhere. Try and get Playstation out of your mind because it's clear Sony lives rent free in your head. It's not healthy.

Nobody thought Flight Sim could run on Series S - really? Says who? Just more made-up garbage designed to support a narrative that doesn't exist.

Your perception of value doesnt measure with most other gamers. They would rather spend their money on a next-gen without the extensive limitations the Series S has.

dcmk7

Banned
Haha pot calling kettle black huh. Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy. Most people know about your many disingenuous takes on what Jason Ronald said and you've been lying about me for months so it's not surprising you'd lie on Jason too
Recently proven liar makes accusation to smear another user without any proof? Forgive me if I don't take you seriously.

Wonder what else you lied about since you don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

The only thing you see regarding Series S through your rose-tinted spectacles are the good, nothing bad. You're not capable of giving an objective opinion, that's been made obvious.

For the umpteenth time you keep turning this into Xbox Vs Playstation. It's bizarre. You just return to this rubbish time after time. The Series X is selling as soon as it becomes available. Everywhere. Try and get Playstation out of your mind because it's clear Sony lives rent free in your head. It's not healthy.

Nobody thought Flight Sim could run on Series S - really? Says who? Just more made-up garbage designed to support a narrative that doesn't exist.

Your perception of value doesnt measure with most other gamers. They would rather spend their money on a next-gen without the extensive limitations the Series S has.
Oh you must have missed the numerous threads were many pot shots were taken when the XSS didn't run a game at 1440p or lacked raytracing. It must have all been in my head and everyone was fair and reasonable. No one called MS engineers liars like your friend in this very thread or anything. Like we aren't in a thread right now discussing how the XSS just won't make it to the end. Yeah just a narrative right....

There is nothing 'bad' about the XSS at all. It's a fantastic value for gamers on a budget or any looking for an inexpensive way to game. It has features other more expensive consoles lack and there isn't a cheaper PC or console that is more powerful. The made up garbage is coming from the people who don't own the system, know the least about Xbox, but still feel the need to give hot takes. It is fascinating the biggest complaints aren't coming from Xbox customers. The system with the lowest costs has the highest standards.

Never forget the console with 'extensive limitations' has more 120fps games and features than the console that costs more and doesn't have those limitations. And the XSS is the system that won't make it to the end of the generation? Says all that needs to be said really.

Do what? It's a joke.
Oh I didn't realize. Alright.

Recently proven liar makes accusation to smear another user without any proof? Forgive me if I don't take you seriously.

Wonder what else you lied about since you don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.
Always black pot name calling others to shy away from a history of posting disingenuous nonsense. No one has ever taken you seriously. Carry on bro carry on.

dcmk7

Banned
Always black pot name calling others to shy away from a history of posting disingenuous nonsense. No one has ever taken you seriously. Carry on bro carry on.
A proven liar making wild accusations that they're unable to back up. Wonder where the truth is here.

You're last accusation without facts worked out well.. accusing members of this forum of doxxing someone.

No one has ever taken you seriously.
.. well a moderator did. And went on to reveal your dishonestly.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Oh you must have missed the numerous threads were many pot shots were taken when the XSS didn't run a game at 1440p or lacked raytracing. It must have all been in my head and everyone was fair and reasonable. No one called MS engineers liars like your friend in this very thread or anything. Like we aren't in a thread right now discussing how the XSS just won't make it to the end. Yeah just a narrative right....

There is nothing 'bad' about the XSS at all. It's a fantastic value for gamers on a budget or any looking for an inexpensive way to game. It has features other more expensive consoles lack and there isn't a cheaper PC or console that is more powerful. The made up garbage is coming from the people who don't own the system, know the least about Xbox, but still feel the need to give hot takes. It is fascinating the biggest complaints aren't coming from Xbox customers. The system with the lowest costs has the highest standards.

Never forget the console with 'extensive limitations' has more 120fps games and features than the console that costs more and doesn't have those limitations. And the XSS is the system that won't make it to the end of the generation? Says all that needs to be said really.
I don't care about these supposed other threads, and I don't know why you're still triggered by them. You're in no position to be complaining about potshots either when you've made PS5 a central part of your posts in this thread, and taken regular digs at it too. Sounds like you're 'playing Team Xbox' because of some perceived hurt on your part from things that have happened in the past. You feel this perverse need to play defender for all things Xbox rather than giving an honest critique.

You might think it offers this fantastic value, but plenty don't agree with you. Nothing to do with branding. Slowly but surely this might sink in one day.

And if we're honest Series S wouldn't be the first Xbox that had support cut off early. It's business, and if it's technical limitations combine with a lack of commercial success they will absolutely cut the legs from under it.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
The irony is that while we debate the series here, the vast majority of buyers of it likely would never visit this forum or care about 4k or if the frame rate is 30fps or 60fps, let alone even know what ray tracing is. All of these technical arguments mean very little to a lot of S buyers.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I don't care about these supposed other threads, and I don't know why you're still triggered by them. You're in no position to be complaining about potshots either when you've made PS5 a central part of your posts in this thread, and taken regular digs at it too. Sounds like you're 'playing Team Xbox' because of some perceived hurt on your part from things that have happened in the past. You feel this perverse need to play defender for all things Xbox rather than giving an honest critique.

You might think it offers this fantastic value, but plenty don't agree with you. Nothing to do with branding. Slowly but surely this might sink in one day.

And if we're honest Series S wouldn't be the first Xbox that had support cut off early. It's business, and if it's technical limitations combine with a lack of commercial success they will absolutely cut the legs from under it.

What xbox did ms cut off early? None to my knowledge, the 4gb 360 didn't lose support when discontinued, nor did the discless xbox one. It should also be noted the technical limitations of the S won't an issue until a few years from now anyhow, at the end of a normal life cycle

Justin9mm

The irony is that while we debate the series here, the vast majority of buyers of it likely would never visit this forum or care about 4k or if the frame rate is 30fps or 60fps, let alone even know what ray tracing is. All of these technical arguments mean very little to a lot of S buyers.
Well said..

I lot of people here think GAF and or gaming forums represent majority of gamers worldwide! It's quite comical really.

Kagey K

Banned
Well said..

I lot of people here think GAF and or gaming forums represent majority of gamers worldwide! It's quite comical really.
Sales charts every month prove that we are inside a bubble here.

Nobody talks about NBA, FIFA or Fortnite.

Yet there they are creeping top played lists everywhere.

People here like to pretend they are in the mind of a casual, but have no clue what they actually think.

All these in stock and "dust collecting" Series S are about to vanish.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member

Oh I didn't realize. Alright.

A proven liar making wild accusations that they're unable to back up. Wonder where the truth is here.

You're last accusation without facts worked out well.. accusing members of this forum of doxxing someone.

.. well a moderator did. And went on to reveal your dishonestly.

Put eachother on ignore and lets move on. There is a discussion to be had in this thread and it doesnt have to be about fanboyism and bickering.

Otherwise we will have to close the thread.

KAL2006

Banned
What does the OP mean by not last. Do you think Microsoft will discontinue support for it and games won't be supported on it. If that's the case you are totally wrong that would create lawsuits. It's like saying PS4 games will stop working on base PS4. The system was announced to work with all next gen Xbox games and thats what it will so until the next next generation.

Three

Right now there are NO games that are using SFS so to declare it won't be useful is way premature. Optimization never meant that the XSS would use every graphical feature. The ratio of fast to slower memory on the XSS is different because its an 80:20 split over the 60:40 split on the XSX. It has more of the faster memory so again for the resolution the system is targeting it won't be a problem for it to run games with less graphical detail.

You'd also be shocked to hear that Far Cry 6 won't have raytracing on the PS5 or any current gen console. I suppose that proves that developers will ultimately decide what features they will incorporate in their games on the hardware they have available. Just because the XSS is capable of using raytracing doesn't mean that ALL games on the XSS will have it just like ALL PS5 and XSX games won't have it either. In addition when did raytracing become a core feature that all games need? Returnal, a PS5 only game that isn't being 'held back' by the XSS, doesn't have raytracing and renders internally at 1080p. Does this mean the PS5 won't make it to the end of the generation? I'd suspect you'd disagree.

Your concern about the XSS doesn't strike me as genuine. Let me know when an XSS version of a game is missing characters, levels, or has worse enemy AI. These are the core tenants of a game not graphical features MS ALWAYS said the XSS would have less of. This is just another case of you holding the XSS to a standard you don't hold more expensive consoles to. It's pretty odd.

Nope. Your whole comparison is flawed because the PS4 and PS5 are NOT from the same generation AT ALL. The PS4 lacks features the PS5 has entirely and it has nothing to do with it's hard drive or loading a game. People here keep comparing the XSS to the Switch and PS4 and it's clear they have no idea what the XSS is capable of or even what generation it belongs to. People also call MS liars when not every game on the XSS has raytracing which was never claimed. Raytracing isn't a core gameplay feature it is a graphical feature. The same features that would be compromised on a device with lower graphical capabilities.

Quick resume, FPS boost, SFS are core features of the current generation Xbox. My point about features is that if someone is going to accuse MS of being misleading it should be very easy to show the missing features the XSS has when compared to the XSX. Just like I can show the missing features the PS4 has compared to the PS5. No one has been able to point out ONE missing feature outside of the optical drive which I'm certain MS clearly stated was NOT there. Again people are more interested in inventing issues with the XSS that do not exist.

PS5 was marketed as a 4K console. Returnal renders internally at 1080p. :messenger_sunglasses: The 1440p did not imply ALL games would run at that resolution and you know it. More disingenuous nonsense.

If the concern is sincere about the XSS and it's longevity then the same issues could be applied to the PS5 or even the Switch. In a world where the Switch and even the poorly designed X1 can get support an entire generation the idea of the XSS not making it is laughable. No matter how you slice it the underpowered XSS can do things the PS5 cannot. It has MORE 120 fps titles and features. The XSS remains a superior value and your feelings won't change that. I remain grateful that MS doesn't base it's decisions on what smaller markets do.

The PS is a bigger brand globally and people in Europe are not going to rush out to buy a casual console from the company that just came off of the X1. Your nonsense about the 360 is just that. That was TWO generations ago and in business you are only as good as your last product. Well MS last product was the X1 and it didn't set the world on fire so there is no wonder the Series consoles aren't selling as well. Enthusiasts are going to grab the XSX when it is available because they are enthusiasts. Casuals won't grab the XSS in Europe because they aren't going to care about the company who last delivered the X1. Again your commentary doesn't apply to the N. America, the biggest market, so again your reasoning that the power of the XSS is the why it doesn't sell as in Europe is completely flawed. It is a pure popularity contest. You do seem quite proud to point out that PS is more popular globally and if that makes you sleep better at night I'm happy for you. It still has no baring on the topic on whether or not the XSS will make it to the end of the generation. It will but your concern is noted.

Of course there are devs that say the XSS isn't a problem at all. Do you believe THOSE devs? Seems like some cherry picking is going on.

There isn't a game out that runs better on the X1X over the XSS. Most games on the X1X are locked at 30fps. The XSS even has FPS boost which takes games X1X never ran at 60 and improves the framerate. Look at a game like Cyberpunk 2077 which ran considerably better on the XSS than the X1X. If you think there isn't enough games to play that's your opinion but the power of the XSS isn't the issue. As I've told other people the storage space isn't a concern for casual gamers who only play a few games. Hard core gamers wouldn't usually go for the XSS in the first place and if they did they have options to save their games for an affordable cost.

Dammit Riky you have been dropping nothing but knowledge over and over again! I want people to complain that Psychonauts 2 isn't running at 1440p like MS said! They lied again!
Can you explain to me what a generation is other than incremental updates?

Next gen features like SFS are nothing other than to save memory for, you guessed it, better visuals. Somthing that more memory and more GPU power gets you.
memory that XSS has both less of and slower too. At the end of the day you don't play buzzwords or in the background tech you play the end result. The end result is based on how much you have in terms of hardware this applies to both XSS and PS4. Not enough memory for raytracing? No raytracing. Not enough GPU power for 60fps? Only 30fps.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
What xbox did ms cut off early? None to my knowledge, the 4gb 360 didn't lose support when discontinued, nor did the discless xbox one. It should also be noted the technical limitations of the S won't an issue until a few years from now anyhow, at the end of a normal life cycle
The first Xbox thanks to their Nvidia deal.

yamaci17

it is literally impossible, i repeat, IMPOSSIBLE for the support to cut off. IMPOSSIBLE. it would destroy microsoft's gaming reputation as a whole.

no matter how weak or how strong the hardware is, devs/ms will find a way to games work. remember, xbox one has some whacked up ddr3 8 gb ram that is boosted by esram and something and has a raw computational power of 1.3 tflops and can run rdr 2 at 900p 30 fps. ps4 with its gdrr5 ram setup and its computational power of 1.8 tflops, is running the game at 1080p 30 fps.

you can see the engineering stuff they did on xbox actually probably "extracts" even more performance out of that hardware. i would expect rdr 2 to run 648p-720p 30 fps on xbox one given the specs and power, and especially compared to ps4, but its not the case.

at least the series s has proper gdrr6 high speed ram and ssd stuff. no matter what, devs can find ways to make things work.

and then again, ray tracing itself costs memory. and then again, ray tracing is not mandatory for this console to run (though some may claim it should support RT as the X does, since the marketing for the console seemed to imply that).

Last edited:
I think they will treat it like the 360 arcade , doesn't run heavy games cause of its limited storage despite it's capabilities.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I initially thoughht like OP too but as time passes, the more I think PC will be both the limiting factor and the uplifting factor.
I don't think I need to explain why PC can push games further nor that I think anybody will disagree.
But with win11 and the shortage of computer parts as well as their prices rocketing I'm not sure PC gamers will upgrade as much as they used to.
I for example have a very capable GPU but my CPU might be limiting in the next couple of years yet I am reluctant at upgrading for now and speaking with some exclusively pc gamers friends, I'm not the only one in this case.Maybe Pc's need a bigger step forward for an upgrade to be relevant and I don't think there's enough of a gap now to upgrade.
Of course this is just my opinion based on a small sample but I have aways been a Pc and console gamer and honestly PC doesn't excite me as much as it used to at least for gaming.

Kokoloko85

I think if they treat Series S like an older PC and just downgrade the res, effects, fps graphics, AI etc specifically for Series S than it should be ok later on.
But they shouldn‘t cater to it and build games ground up Restricting developers for it.

I really want to see games improve in AI, animations, effects etc with deeper more populated worlds. Having games needing to hold back because of tech like PS4 Pro or even Series S wont bring out the best in developers.

Saying that PC’s have downgraded console games for decades

It will matter more for 1st party games. Im still dissapointed God of War Ragnarok and Horizon 2 had to hold back due to PS4 tech. They will still be amazing games but they could of been real next gen only titles

Top Bottom