• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

can anyone give me one good reason as to why console exclusive to PC ports are a bad thing?

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
There have been a loud, obnoxious, minority of people on this board actually fucking going mad whenever they see a new Playstation to PC port.

What is the harm of allowing more people to experience the games that you love? Why the hell is Miles Morales or whatever going to PC a bad thing? How is the games being made for PC supposedly harmful to their visuals and quality? Gears 5, MS Flight Simulator, Forza Horizon 5, and many third party titles all look and play great despite being made with computers in mind. The games are still on Playstation, they will likely come to Playstation first, so what's the big problem here?

I actually don't fucking understand these people.

Reaction GIF by The Weather Channel

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
No reason to buy consoles, less consoles sold, less games on consoles
a good TV experience and ease of access? getting exclusive games earlier? cheaper entry price? (as much as i hate to admit it, you cannot build a 500 dollar PS5/XSX killer)
a regular old gaming casual isn't gonna jump for a PC over a console, consoles are marketed more than graphics cards. they will likely spring for a Playstation over a PC first

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
It's a small vocal minority, I wouldn't pay too much attention to them. As Sony has begun porting their games to PC, make sure you support them in that endeavor.

Seeing people play God of War on PC for the first time was such a cool thing to see, I was happy that they were enjoying themselves. Everyone should play good games and support good games.

RaZoR No1

a good TV experience and ease of access? getting exclusive games earlier? cheaper entry price? (as much as i hate to admit it, you cannot build a 500 dollar PS5/XSX killer)
a regular old gaming casual isn't gonna jump for a PC over a console, consoles are marketed more than graphics cards. they will likely spring for a Playstation over a PC first
on PC you can get a good TV experience too and on PC you get the best Version.
Yes, console is the cheapest, but you can already see on Xbox, having "no exclusives" does not help with the sale IMO
people rather buy PS5 and PC instead Xbox and PC

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Yes, console is the cheapest, but you can already see on Xbox, having "no exclusives" does not help with the sale IMO
It doesn't, admittedly, but most people are simply too lazy and dont give enough of a shit to assemble a computer and install Windows 10/11 to it when they can buy the box that's been advertised to them on TV..
That's the main thing here, ADVERTISING. Steam, Nvidia, AMD, they don't advertise on TV, on billboards and youtube ads and whatever as much as Sony and MS do. PC is spread by PCMR youtube videos and word of mouth. Consoles will always sell thanks to this. It's why Xbox is still alive 7 years after completely abandoning the exclusive model

Last edited:

Dynasty8

There isn't one. The more access to a game, the better. Ignore fanboys.

I say this as someone who only games on consoles.

Quoting Myself :messenger_hushed:

Just realized the only ONE legit reason I can think about might be easier forms of piracy.

Regardless, Sony releasing PS exclusives a year or two later on PC is a very smart move. Majority of the fans will always buy first party games like GoW: Ragnarok during its release on console. The game will be hyped up and talked about so much that eventually when it releases on PC, it'll be a MUST play. It might even be purchased a second time by a few fans who want to replay the game on PC. It's a win-win situation the way I see it.

Last edited:

Skifi28

No reason to buy consoles, less consoles sold, less games on consoles, in the end no console
Yes, yes, consoles are dead like PC gaming has always been. Get it out of your system and let's move on.

OP, you made a thread to ask why fanboys behave like fanboys. We can give all the rationals answers you want, but it won't change anything. I'd say: Choose which people you interact with here better.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
They think that 100% of people besides themselves will stop buying consoles and buy a PC instead, forcing them to also buy a PC.

MiguelItUp

No, because they aren't a bad thing. It gives previously released games more life as they're releasing to a new group of interested players. Those "precious" games are sometimes not even paid attention to anymore because of how old they are, so why not give them some more life?

I've never understood it myself.

Ozriel

M$FT
on PC you can get a good TV experience too and on PC you get the best Version.

You only get the Best version on PC if you buy hardware that’s significantly more expensive than a console.
Price will always favor the console space and price sensitive consumers will never stop being a thing.

Streaming from your PC has certain compromises for many people.

people rather buy PS5 and PC instead Xbox and PC

How does any of this matter to you as a consumer ?

Ozriel

M$FT
It's no science. Pc gamers makes a large chunk of gamers and most of them has a console. Release console exclusive on PC day and date there is no reason to get a console. Simple as that

A lot of people own PCs weaker than consoles. TVs are often MUCH better than the monitors most PC gamers own, and it can often be inconvenient to hook up your PC to living room TVs.
Not to mention you’re pretty much tying down that PC when you use it to game.

The Alien

Banned
I'm fine with ports to PC. I think there is a vocal 'gamers contingent that doesn't like this.

The only issue I care about is in regards to multiplayer where PC would have a distinct advantage and where PC/console players can't be segregated.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
My only reason is graphic whoring becomes even more obnoxious.
The only reason ps games going to PC annoys me, is now in every game release thread we have some dipshit talkin how they can't wait to run this in 4k 120fps.

Outside of the dick waving, I don't care.
LOL, yeah. Graphics whores will graphic whore. I feel like those people are just saying that stuff to brag

SLB1904

Banned
A lot of people own PCs weaker than consoles. TVs are often MUCH better than the monitors most PC gamers own, and it can often be inconvenient to hook up your PC to living room TVs.
Not to mention you’re pretty much tying down that PC when you use it to game.
The chunk of people that bothered enough to get a good pc. These are guaranteed to play games.these are the buyers.
At least 10mil pc users must have a great pc and probably a console of some sort.
So yeah.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
No reason to buy consoles, less consoles sold, less games on consoles, in the end no console
That's BS. There has never been a reason for consoles to even be a thing. Specialty home computers that do one thing? Why would the market want that?

Consoles will always exists, that's a dumb rationalization for console warring.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
It makes me feel like my PS5 is just a budget gaming PC. Which it is. But I don’t like being reminded of it.
i can't think of any PC under 800 that stacks up to a PS5 in any way. And you still get all the shiny cool playstation exclusives first
quick reminder that ragnarok isn't day and date

Ozriel

M$FT
The chunk of people that bothered enough to get a good pc. These are guaranteed to play games.these are the buyers.
At least 10mil pc users must have a great pc and probably a console of some sort.
So yeah.

Xbox games have been on PC for ages. Day one first party releases on Steam. And yet the Series consoles are still selling very well.

Hard data exists.

Take away those 10 million PC gamers you cite and it’s still a relatively small dent in Sony’s console sales potential

It's no science. Pc gamers makes a large chunk of gamers and most of them has a console. Release console exclusive on PC day and date there is no reason to get a console. Simple as that

Haha not everyone can afford to dump thousands on a capable gaming PC.
Console is far cheaper and plug and play. If you think consoles sales will suddenly evaporate... 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
BRB, telling all my PS4/Xbox one friends to refund their consoles since all ov their games are on PC now, lets see how that turns out

*10 minutes later....*

They called me a weirdo :(

SLB1904

Banned
Haha not everyone can afford to dump thousands on a capable gaming PC.
Console is far cheaper and plug and play. If you think consoles sales will suddenly evaporate... 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I can guarantee you loads of people can. Just because the majority can't. A large chunk can. I'm not rich by any stretch of imagination. I got a good pc. Why would I spend more on console games if I can get cheaper a lot cheaper on PC? Give me a reason. Time will tell. Let's Sony do day and date then let's look at those console sales numbers

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Are they?
i'd say 15-17 million in 2 years is pretty good. doesn't have to hit 20 million within the first 2 years to sell well. especially considering the fact it's on record to beat the 360 which was their best selling console.
if exclusives coming to PC really made much of a difference, xbox would still be under 10 million sales by this point

Another example is nintendo, if you know where to look and have a capable PC you can emulate all of the switch's 1st party on a computer... yet the switch gravy train isn't stopping and it's fast on its way to dethrone the PS2 as the best selling game console

Last edited:
Top Bottom