• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can an 11/10 game turns a console around?

Can 11/10 game turn console around?

• Yes

Votes: 72 43.6%
  • No

Votes: 67 40.6%
  • maybes so

Votes: 29 17.6%

• Total voters
No, not even a few of them can.

The WiiU had some absolutely bangers in its arsenal. Doesn't mean the console wasn't a failure.
This 100%. It of course is better to have a full stable of good games but WiiU and even Gamecube proved good games and even a series of good games won't make a platform successful. X360 still came in third despite people saying it had so many great games.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I think if Halo Infinite was a Halo 3-tier game in terms of content and quality, and I think Halo 3 is an 11/10 type of game, this generation would have gone differently in all sorts of ways. Of course putting your console generation in the hands of 343 is laughable in hindsight, but the point is, a masterpiece of a game can definitely make a huge impact early in the generation. Another example - if Breath of the Wild was a mediocre game, the Switch would not have been as successful as it was. But over time, as more and more people make their choices, and other companies have chances to make great games, that window closes.

MagnesD3

hell yeah.
where ever the 11/10 game is, im going.

ps love the wii u, but it didnt have a single 11/10 game.
This, the wii u had some good games bit it didn't have anything crazy good, even though Mario Kart 8 and DK Freeze are great they weren't pushing anything forward and the 3d Mario game of the system was basically another 2d mario.

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
Not a single game, but multiple high quality releases creates momenteum.

I mean I think the combo of MGS4, Uncharted 2, LBP and GOW3 all releasing about a year apart revived the PS3.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
So the second a niche game moves enough copies to disprove your claim, it no longer counts as a niche game. That sure is awfully convenient.
not every game has the same luck as souls game.

Souls initially a niche game but it keep growing, how many IP does that? not alot.

Alot of these 9/10 10/10 IP just dont grow that much and eventually you wont see any sequel coming from them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom