• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Callisto Protocol review embargo lifts on release date 6.am. GUESS THE SCORE

NeoGUT feeling:

• Total voters

Ellery

I want it to be as high as possible, but on the other hand I want it to be a great game for gaming taste. I loved The Evil Within, a game which didn't review super well.

My guess is around 75-80 ~ with a chance of surprising us at 83-84 and a chance of disappointment around 65-72.

If they nail the technical side of the game with good flowing gameplay and combat then this has a great outlook. I want this to be good.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I don’t think it matters to me. Also, they’ve handed out their 10/10 scores a lot lately and you see all the real criticisms come later. 10/10’s are handed out and it’s not really a prestigious score as much as it is a questionable one. I kinda doubt this game will flop.

Trying to repeat success using the same formula especially in a new generation will just end up being either too stale or generic. There's a reason why RE4 had to go to a different direction to give a new spin to the old forumla.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
It wont have the Nintendo or Sony exclusive bump that I'm told exist on this forum but it'll still be a great 85 and likely amazing for me.

Bragr

Banned
That it looks so similar to Dead Space makes it hard to judge. The exact same combat system, a similar vibe, and a similar setting.

I swear this game is gonna flip on and 75 or an 85 based on how clunky the character moves. That is one thing that has become a bit dated in the Dead Space games and something people don't have patience for anymore.

Fbh

Somewhere between high 70's and low 80's (78-83)
I think it will be good but not quite great. I agree with some other posters that something about the game seems off, I think it will be fun but also a bit clunky/janky.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Somewhere between 85-95 just like every heavy marketed game.

I hope this game is massive success. Love survival horrors.

Also reviews dont mean shit, The evil within 1 is one of the greatest gaming experience ever. What a game it is, relentless, brutal and downright amazing.

Everytime someone says “reviews dont mean shit” and name a game that they loved that got bad reviews its always a bad game

Last edited:

Lions Gate

88-89ish. it's a solid game. expect some bs reviews by bunch a soyboys like GS. dude got butthurt cuz main character is white :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Review scores mean absolutely nothing these days. Games like GoW Rag and Immortality get 10/10s while games like Sonic Frontiers and Necromunda get 7s.

Personally I think the game will be a lot of fun with questionable design choices (such as hiding death animations behind season passes) and rather sterile/”dead” enviornments that lack a lot of interactivity.

mortal

Gold Member
Low end 80, high end 85

I'm expecting mostly favorable reception with some more critical ones peppered in, but nothing remarkable.

skneogaf

I've pre ordered the game but I think it wont be more than a 8 out of 10.

I'm more than fine with that score as everyone should be.

Even if it's a 7, that's fine.

Lions Gate

Lyq0we3.jpg

[/URL]
6 am US time ?

tommib

I want it to be as high as possible, but on the other hand I want it to be a great game for gaming taste. I loved The Evil Within, a game which didn't review super well.

My guess is around 75-80 ~ with a chance of surprising us at 83-84 and a chance of disappointment around 65-72.

If they nail the technical side of the game with good flowing gameplay and combat then this has a great outlook. I want this to be good.
Same here bro. The Evil Within was my game of the generation and it’s a 75. I’m hoping it scores around that for good vibes.

mortal

Gold Member
Review scores mean absolutely nothing these days. Games like GoW Rag and Immortality get 10/10s while games like Sonic Frontiers and Necromunda get 7s.

Personally I think the game will be a lot of fun with questionable design choices (such as hiding death animations behind season passes) and rather sterile/”dead” enviornments that lack a lot of interactivity.
I wouldn't go that far.

Review scores are literally just the opinions of people that write for gaming outlets or publications.
It's more or less what people do on forums like Gaf, but they get paid for their time.

If you trust someone's opinion well enough or share similar tastes in media, you're more likely to refer to them when making a purchase. As you would with anyone you trust in your own life.
Imo, the problem with the perception of reviews is that many people often view them as some sort of definitive statement or stance of the outlet or publication itself, when it's actually just one person's take on their experience with a game.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Because I’ve played them and they are usually bad games
You not liking them doesn't make them bad.
Would you consider God Hand a bad game? Or give me some examples.

A review's score is just one guy's opinion, which isn't more important than anyone else's.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go that far.

Review scores are literally just the opinions of people that write for gaming outlets or publications.
It's more or less what people do on forums like Gaf, but they get paid for their time.

If you trust someone's opinion well enough or share similar tastes in media, you're more likely to refer to them when making a purchase. As you would with anyone you trust in your own life.
Imo, the problem with the perception of reviews is that many people often view them as some sort of definitive statement or stance of the outlet or publication itself, when it's actually just one person's take on their experience with a game.
You would be correct, but not a single one of them are trustworthy.

Run along little warrior. Go cry about Xbox and Nintendo some more.

drotahorror

I'm thinking mid 70's. Hopefully the game is good enough and sells quite a bit though. A bit more budget and a focus on current gen consoles could go a long way.

FeastYoEyes

I feel like this game is coming in a bit hot and they might be getting review copies out on a week during the holiday, it makes sense the embargo may be a bit late. But I do still get weird vibes here.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom