• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Warzone tops 60 million players

Mista

Banned
f94W77ceivudNJpZbziJYg.jpg

Call of Duty: Warzone has attracted over 60 million players since releasing on March 10, Activision Blizzard announced.

It continues a strong start for the game, which attracted six million players in 24 hours, 15 million players in three days, 30 million players in 10 days, and 50 million players in one month.

Activision also said that sales of 2019’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare are tracking at a record high.
Life-to-date, Modern Warfare has sold through more units and has more players than any prior Call of Duty title at this point after its release.

In the first quarter, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare unit sell-through was the highest for the franchise outside of a launch quarter.

Following substantial year-over-year growth versus the prior title in January and February, unit sell-through accelerated in March, driven by upgrades from Warzone as well as rising demand amidst shelter-at-home conditions.

MiguelItUp

While I don't care for Warzone and BRs, this is the best COD in awhile. So, kudos to them. Hopefully they can stay on track in the next iterations.

Ruined by the hackers and Activision isn't doing anything about it
That's what I keep reading. So unfortunate. I guess it just shows that they're really not fully prepared to manage a fully online title and community.

Last edited:
I loved Warzone on release..it was one of the best BR IMO.....now it just seems pointless. I still play everyone and then but I don't spend hours on Warzone anymore. I just rage too much lol

Mista

Banned
That's what I keep reading. So unfortunate. I guess it just shows that they're really not fully prepared to manage a fully online title and community.
Every game I play with the boys on PC we got to encounter hackers
I loved Warzone on release..it was one of the best BR IMO.....now it just seems pointless. I still play everyone and then but I don't spend hours on Warzone anymore. I just rage too much lol
I don't blame you honestly

Caffeine

activision never does anything about cheaters, they put out a press release saying they are doing something they will throw in some kind of automatic tool, which will be subverted anyway. You can throw in the tools but with out an active man power doing the bans its like a drop in a puddle. you would need an entire studio enforcing bans and updating security files across all cods even the forgotten ones on steam which now pose security risks by playing because people can execute code on your pc through a packet.

Every game I play with the boys on PC we got to encounter hackers

I don't blame you honestly

I've suspected a few in some games but I guess I don't pay attention enough to kill cams after the fact. Honestly is it that bad?. What's the worst you've seen?

Last edited:

Shmunter

Take PC out of the crossplay you loonies. They won’t tho, Blackout died in the ass on PC while it kicked on perfectly fine on console. However warzone is free, so not quite like for like.

Last edited:
Also with the 4 man squads, more armor being handed out in satchels, the Gulag, and being able to purchase a teamate back...there's way too many chances to stay in the game. Its gettin to the point where you're in the last circle and there's like 15 - 20 survivors. Some of them just spawned 🙄

Mista

Banned
Take out PC out of the crossplay you loonies. They won’t tho, Blackout died in the as on PC while it kicked on perfectly fine on console. However warzone is free, so not quite like for like.
Would be great if they allowed people to do that
Also with the 4 man squads, more armor being handed out in satchels, the Gulag, and being able to purchase a teamate back...there's way too many chances to stay in the game. Its gettin to the point where you're in the last circle and there's like 15 - 20 survivors. Some of them just spawned 🙄
Yes those gameplay decision are straight up bad. Get rid of the buy station

Dude actually interviews a hacker while playing against him. Hacker says he has 100s of games and Activision never do shit. Even says 'check my stats'. Goes on to say he has a site dedicated to selling hacks to people. Makes "6 figures a month".

Last edited:

Caffeine

let me show you what some of these dudes are running around with. not my picture just found on the net. they are basically terminators.
yes its from bo2 but I would assume some of it is similar to the suite warzone/mp has.

pb1gRN4.png

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
This is why PC and consoles shouldn't have cross-platform play in competitive environments.

It's fine for PvE, but PC adds cheating to the console platforms.

The place will be a ghost town soon if they do not fix the bad netcode and Comms,
With every update the games got worse .

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
I used to play COD4 on PC a lot back in the day, but with age and less time to practice to at least have a chance against the hackers through sheer reaction time I've switched to consoles. I can learn how to game with the pad, I can't learn how to beat hackers anymore.

I stick to regular MP and disable crossplay.

Last edited:

CaptainClaw

Yes those gameplay decision are straight up bad. Get rid of the buy station
I don't even think they need to do that. I think they should make it where after the first time you redeploy for $4,500 it should go up by $4,500 every time you redeploy that squad mate, Making it harder to redeploy that team mate the second time but not impossible. And it spices it up as it puts pressure on what to purchase at buy stations do you buy:

- squad mate 2 and a UAV = $4,500 + $4,000

or do you buy

- Squad mate 1 (second redeploy) = $9,000

The more money needed will make players more active looking for money, meaning less people just staying in one position waiting for circle to close.

CobraXT

Banned
This is why PC and consoles shouldn't have cross-platform play in competitive environments.

consoles are not that better .. cheaters on consoles use adapters that allow m+k and auto aim and other game
breaking scripts .. and sony isnt doning anything to ban those fuckers ..

Psykodad

Banned
consoles are not that better .. cheaters on consoles use adapters that allow m+k and auto aim and other game
breaking scripts .. and sony isnt doning anything to ban those fuckers ..

Consoles can't use aimbots and wallhacks and all that gamebreaming stuff.
You can argue all you want, on consoles multiplayer games are far less prone to cheating.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
This is the difference between COD and other FPS' Call of Duty has earned the right to introduce new game modes if they feel like it, I'll be cool in the team death match and search and destroy modes but player population carries a lot of weight in the multiplayer gaming world.

Enjoy your 30fps and waiting for a whole generation to "upgrade" :messenger_blowing_kiss:

Cod is 30 or 60? I thought it was 60 on consoles.

I don't play online but I guess this could be one of the reasons why online is paid on consoles. A more 'PREMIUM' experience.

Plunder is the best mode. Even solo it's super fun and if you go for crates and contracts you can finish in the top 10.

manfestival

People complain about cheaters all the time. Saying that they ruin the game. I know they exist, I have come across one for certain in MP but... it seems some of yall must have the worst luck or just live in regions where the cheating is absolutely rampant. Now with that being said. I barely play Warzone(maybe have played like 30-50 matches) compared to MP. There was not one time where the cheating was absolutely apparent. This feels like Apex Legends all over for me. People complained a ton about the cheaters(I mean 500k+ cheaters banned in the first wave after all) but it never seemed absolutely apparent to me from my matches. Maybe I am just lucky? I think I come across way more cheating in battlefield than I do in COD in a comparable time frame. Also I have a crazy amount of hours in this new COD game already.

waylo

Banned
My friends and I have been playing games exclusively on PC for about 20 years now. Hacking has always existed. Counter Strike, Team Fortress, BF1942, the list goes on. Yes, we've run into them on occasion. However, I feel like bad players tend to complain more and use it as an excuse any time they get killed. We play Warzone daily. We might run into someone blatantly cheating once a night (usually someone with a Chinese name). It's not some fucking pandemic where every game has an entire lobby full of people cheating.

That being said, region locking servers and not allowing China to queue on NA servers would go a long, looooong way to combating this issue.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I prefer playing the normal multiplayer modes, especially Hardpoint and Kill Confirmed.

But its good to see that Warzone is effectively supporting the game longer than anyone could have foreseen. They are making so much money off of this shit and as a result are able to continue making content.

Top Bottom