• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Warzone - 150P / Free to Play / Cross Platform

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Two more wins today. Just needed to bust my cherry I guess and now I'm rollin.
Checked the global rankings and it said I'm in the top 7%. Not sure how exactly cause that seems high. I do complete a lot of contracts though and finish top 20 a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

waylo

Banned
Anyone else not getting battlepass XP? Ever since the last patch, my friends and I get zero XP in the battlepass. The last two days it hasn't budged, and we've played a lot. I've looked around and seen nothing about it. Double tiers this weekend and I'm still getting nothing.

Anyone else not getting battlepass XP? Ever since the last patch, my friends and I get zero XP in the battlepass. The last two days it hasn't budged, and we've played a lot. I've looked around and seen nothing about it. Double tiers this weekend and I'm still getting nothing.
The last patch implemented has created a collection of issues. Matchmaking in general is asswater right now.

waylo

Banned
Played three games of Warzone. Seemingly got double XP in my battlepass for the first, regular for the second, and absolutely zero XP for the third. Good job IW.

Also, bought "The Glitch", and it won't allow me to modify anything about it I guess because I don't have the base gun unlocked? Do I seriously need to play 15 fucking games and spam smokes to be able to make any modifications to the weapon I just paid for?

Kerotan

Everyone thought that the keyboard/mouse would be the reason they didn't want to play against PC players for all these years. Then they realized that controllers just auto-aim in an advantageous way, and now the real problem is PC cheaters who just use an even stronger version of auto-aim with keyboard and mouse :messenger_tears_of_joy:
So pc players not happy with any of the ps4 players and ps4 players not happy with the pc cheaters. Tell me again why cross play is default?

Fix this shit Activision.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Played three games of Warzone. Seemingly got double XP in my battlepass for the first, regular for the second, and absolutely zero XP for the third. Good job IW.

Also, bought "The Glitch", and it won't allow me to modify anything about it I guess because I don't have the base gun unlocked? Do I seriously need to play 15 fucking games and spam smokes to be able to make any modifications to the weapon I just paid for?

You can only mod purchased weapons with what youve unlocked for that weapons base model.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I played a game with it just to be sure. So I got the base gun to level 11, but it still won't let me mod even the blueprint I purchased.
Strange. You should be able to select the weapon from blueprints and be able to mod it then with whatever you've unlocked. Sometimes things don't show until you've unlocked the first level for that particular piece (e.g.. stock, barrel etc).

Edit - wait are you playing the free Warzone version? That may be the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

waylo

Banned
Strange. You should be able to select the weapon from blueprints and be able to mod it then with whatever you've unlocked. Sometimes things don't show until you've unlocked the first level for that particular piece (e.g.. stock, barrel etc).

Edit - wait are you playing the free Warzone version? That may be the problem.
Just checked and it will not let me edit it in either the regular multi or Warzone.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Just checked and it will not let me edit it in either the regular multi or Warzone.
Yeah it definitely should be letting you. As mentioned above there was a patch a couple days ago that messed a few things up, this might be one if them.

manfestival

I'm soo tempted to buy the battle pass even though i know its bull shit
its it is leveled then they give you enough to eventually buy more skins. I mean, I have had 3 battle passes and bought like 2 bundles with the extra Cod points(granted its only 300+ extra which gets you like nothing). Without anything outside of the battle pass.
That being said, the only decent battle pass has been season 3. The first 2 were garbage.

Rbk_3

Got my first solo win last night, and followed it up with another.

I didn't realize the circle closes in completely. I was on a different level of a building than the last guy and ended up winning because I had a gas mask and they didn't

Night.Ninja

Banned
What’s the gist?

Another addition to Warzone is a brand new Solo mode dubbed Stimulus Solos. According to Charlie Intel’s report, The Gulag is disabled in Stimulus Solos. This implies that players can only respawn by spending the necessary amount of money. Each player begins a match with $4500, and the total cash diminishes by 50% when they die. Moreover, in the second to last circle, player respawning is also disabled. Stimulus Solos replaces the regular Solos mode.

Furthermore, in another change to the BR mode, Infinity Ward has reduced the height and radius at which parachuting enemy players are called out. This should provide players returning from the Gulag a better chance to land safely at a location.

Kerotan

132 wins now and kd jumped up to 1.78. Going to hit 2+ at this rate. Averaging 2.2 for the last 7 days.

chigstoke

Had a go of plunder as a solo yesterday on PC. Managed a top 10, somehow. No real interaction, just a shit ton of looting while everyone else was busy killing each other. Quite fun actually. Was expecting to blasted to bits.

Kerotan

How are you supposed to play this game? In solos I can often get 4/5+ kills, but i still die far before the end of the match
If I play with my friends who are terrible we capture flags and camp the final circle. Use a chopper to make it fast and easy. If we get lucky and no full teams left at the end we might win.

If I play with friends who are beast at killing we do bounties and hunt them down. Basically clear out our quarter of the map. Then we've an easy run to the final circle where we stick tight and try kill everyone near us. We had a 48 kill game the other night.

And because we do so many contracts we have so much money that if we get smashed we just need one guy to dip, buy all 3 back in and they just land on the load out drop and we're back to 100%.

JimboJones

How are you supposed to play this game? In solos I can often get 4/5+ kills, but i still die far before the end of the match

Yeah struggling with it aswell, never been a CoD player so that must factor in, might just uninstall and tell my mates my computer broke lol.

Tickrate

I have been playing plunder lately and I'm liking the idea.
Unfortunately, receiving no XP/Stats/Battlepass at the end of the game has been a real motivation killer.
I'm playing on an old Xbox XDK and wondering if it's an Xbox one issue as returning to the lobby is generally very laggy.

chigstoke

30GB update on xbox

This is a piss take
Seriously? What on earth for? I don't play games on a week night now but guess I'll be heading on to get this update done. This game takes up a monstrous amount of HDD space.

Also got Warzone on PC as well, 26GB for the update on there.

EDIT: Hardhat and Aisle-9 as two new maps, classic BR game mode, armor boxes and most wanted contracts.

But 30GB? Crikey, for that?

Last edited:

INC

So since the last update on pc, this is how warzone looks for me

osI2jnK.jpg

Cant see shit, because people,blend into the black ground lol

30gb download on my XB1? I wont be playing tonight :(
I do appreciate the free new maps though. I cant complain about that.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I know I'm the only one who cares about Duos, but does anyone think Duos is coming?

I think they have a good foundation here, but I only play with 1 person and it's clunky being stuck with randoms or facing quads with just the 2 of us.

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
Was just coming to post this. Everyone camps even harder now. Just hide in a fucking corner with an AR. At least with shotguns or pistols it was effective to punish them by pushing.

They're going to have to change it back, like you say people just camp at the back and wait for you to run into view.

Before i would have been all for it but after playing it, its a huge mistake.

Top Bottom