• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Vanguard Reveal Likely To Arrive In Late-August via Warzone

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Earlier in the year, I reported that the next instalment of the Call of Duty franchise will arrive mid-year and be revealed as an in-game Warzone event.

This year’s title is dubbed Call of Duty: Vanguard, which is being developed by Sledgehammer Games and will take the franchise back to World War II.

Activision has so far only commented “This is a built-for-next generation experience with stunning visuals across campaign, multiplayer and cooperative modes of play designed to both integrate with and enhance the existing COD ecosystem” for its next premium Call of Duty title.

Up until now, there have been no additional snippets of information to suggest that the reveal date will be sooner or later, but Gamescom’s latest announcement yesterday could give us some indication.

Gamescom announced that Activision will be participating in its annual event, which this year will be digital-only and be taking place from August 25 – 27.

Although this does not confirm Call of Duty Vanguard will be revealed before then, it does coincide with the rumblings I’ve previously heard.

Combining all the dates together, we can predict that the Call of Duty Vanguard Warzone reveal will likely take place between August 18 – 25, which not only gives the developers time to tease but gives Activision the perfect global stage to talk more about the reveal at Gamescom.

HTK

Banned
Last year with Black Ops Cold war was the first year in over 10 years that I didn't buy a CoD...it will continue this year I feel like with the WW2 theme.

Zannegan

Dropped out with CoD WW2. Don't see myself jumping back on the CoD train here, but we'll see. It's been too long.

I should have jumped back on with the new Modern Warfare, dammit.

elliot5

I'm sure it'll have a poppin' trailer like they usually do, but then the game comes out and it's whatever and forgotten about as everyone moves on to Warzone or other games. Just hurry up and announce the release so Microsoft can announce Halo's release lmao

Haha World War 2...again

I'll stick with Battlefield. Why not come up with new scenarios. Call of Duty Infinite Warfare was the first time I felt excited for the franchise because it was battles in space, planets, moons. Something new.

After this new WW2 they're going to go back to modern times and then after that back to WW2. FUCKING HELL !!

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
I just hope that the PC version is still a wonderfully inventive and professional enterprise, in which every week or so I have to spend an hour 'compiling shaders' as long as the game doesn't crash on boot. That's freed up so much time for me over the last year, and I really appreciate Activision doing it for me.

carlosrox

Banned
Any blogs, twitters, or YouTube channels I can follow with COD/WZ rumors and/or leaks?

Dying for the WW2 stuff in WZ. Will be a dream come true for me.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Cold War was awesome and my favorite shooter so far this gen, but I never want to play a WW1/WW2 shooter again.
BF2042 for me this year.

Last edited:

matty3092

Modern warfare (2019) was such a good cod the animation was top notch the gunplay was god tier but when cold war came out it was a step down and I don't think ww2 will be good so I think I'll be skipping cod this year

carlosrox

Banned
Goddammit if the WW2 thing takes place in the Pacific and not Europe then that would kill some of my hype for sure.

I don't have much interest in that, compared to Europe at least.

Come on, Omaha Beach and D-Day is the absolute perfect setup for this.

If it's Japan I'll be

kevinsorbodisappointed.gif

Javthusiast

Banned
Now you know why Sony is trying to get the expanded SSD storage ready.
Season 5 Lol GIF by Real Husbands of Hollywood

Gtafans93

Why dont we ever go back to say Vietnam? that be fantastic, dark, gory, crazy Vietnam while blasting CCR. Sign me up

Javthusiast

Banned
Tell some crazy sci-fi stories by dropping two opposing factions into ancient rome etc. And let them fight there with modern weapons.

Something freaking fresh, instead of this regurgitated shit over and over.

Haha World War 2...again

I'll stick with Battlefield. Why not come up with new scenarios. Call of Duty Infinite Warfare was the first time I felt excited for the franchise because it was battles in space, planets, moons. Something new.

After this new WW2 they're going to go back to modern times and then after that back to WW2. FUCKING HELL !!

Because both them and the fans are morons. Infinite Warfare was such a fresh title but that hype for disliking that reveal video probably told the higher ups, fuck this. Having a IW trilogy would of been the smartest move. WW2 COD was boring as hell and just shows how fast fans flip flop. One year they want WW2 and from next year like fuck that, nobody wants WW2. And I agree, WW2 is over done, id rather have a brand new made up even futuristic story because you can actually keep making changes in narrative.

ZywyPL

Banned
WW2 COD was boring as hell and just shows how fast fans flip flop. One year they want WW2 and from next year like fuck that, nobody wants WW2. And I agree, WW2 is over done, id rather have a brand new made up even futuristic story because you can actually keep making changes in narrative.

The thing with WW2 setting is that it's epic for a SP campaign (which again, it's always more or less the same stuff, just with updated visuals), but boring AF when it comes to MP, barely anyone want's to play with those decades old guns, with no attachments, no skins, no nothing, just the barebones experience with no room for creativity and something new. The last WW2 CoD is enough for the next decade at least, they really need to innovate with something like not-too-distant future, something that's still grounded, without space travel, lasers, plasmas, exo suits etc., but with fictional geopolititic situation that's not a bottleneck for the story and the events.

Kerotan

Haha World War 2...again

In fairness it's been a few years since WW2. Next year we all know it will be a sequel to modern warfare probably call modern warfare 2. The year after it will be another treyarc game probably cold war 2. Then it will be back to sledgehammer and they'll likely do another futuristic game just to stop it going stale. So 2023 should be the next time we get one. Infinite warfare campaign was awesome.

mw2 was the last i had fun the most. with that and battlefield 3 and halo 3 was peak gaming for me. looks like those times are coming back with infinite and bf2042

cod has been sucking for a while and i believe this year will be the worst for the franchise yet.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I can't wait for Call of Duty: Gang Warfare ...
Tired of the same old CoD search for varied settings of the same war? Now, squad up with iconic gangs across the globe as they face off against their rivals. Fight in American cities such as Detroit and Los Angeles as well as more rural areas such as Mississippi. Fight in amazing places such as Italy, Mexico, Kenya, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. Use weapons sold from various global military forces on the black market to anything you find laying around. Nothing is off limits! Even police won't go to where you'll be fighting!!

Play on anything with a display! For the first time ever, we're creating a game that scales to bring the experience to everyone playing on anything. Play on your scientific calculator, Tesla car, smart refrigerator, that budget computer your parents paid for when they sent you to college, yes, even that potato clock you built in science class. Anything in which you can purchase and download DLC is recommended.

*Gaming experience may vary. Playing on some items may cause car accidents, electrocution, burns, or other terrible injuries possibly including death. Play responsibly.

I'm kidding, this won't ever be made. :) .. or .. will it.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Late August is a late reveal by CoD standards and makes me think the rumors about problems with development are true.

Kerotan

Lol this will be as “built for next gen” as call of duty ghosts was. Im still waiting for cod to have another advanced warfare leap. That game was a significant jump on next gen consoles
Next years cod will be cross gen as there will only be 30M+ PS5 out there by then. The Treyarc cod in 2023 may go next gen as ps5 will be 50m+ by then. So that's when the jump will come.

On the Vanguard reveal I'm happy to hear it's via warzone. The cold war reveal was awesome. New season will start which is always cool, then about 2 weeks in we'll have this exciting event. And after the event they'll play the reveal trailer ingame which always feels way more hype then on youtube.

Absolutely loved coldwar zombies mode ,
Either how much we shit on cod but the content in these games is Ace
Coldwar has
Zombies
Multi
Campaign
Which is very rare these days in any game

MikeM

Because both them and the fans are morons. Infinite Warfare was such a fresh title but that hype for disliking that reveal video probably told the higher ups, fuck this. Having a IW trilogy would of been the smartest move. WW2 COD was boring as hell and just shows how fast fans flip flop. One year they want WW2 and from next year like fuck that, nobody wants WW2. And I agree, WW2 is over done, id rather have a brand new made up even futuristic story because you can actually keep making changes in narrative.

I'm with you. I really enjoyed Infinite Warfare.

Javthusiast

Banned
Because of Covid they are probably crunching even crazier than usual, to have a yearly cod game out, and that is why we still haven't seen it.

Probably also means it will come out buggy as hell.

TheShocker

I’d love to see someone other than Raven Software take over Warzone. They’ve just about ran that game into the ground. Highly incompetent groups of people at that studio.

Because of Covid they are probably crunching even crazier than usual, to have a yearly cod game out, and that is why we still haven't seen it.

Probably also means it will come out buggy as hell.
I wouldn't think so. They got 3 studios working on their own titles. So basically each studio release their game, they have 1 year to support it and then 2 years for development of the next title. Im sure covid still messed things up but its not a crunch like it was in the mid 2000s.

TheShocker TheShocker

Warzone needs a new map. I really thought it was gonna happen with Cold War and Treyarch using their own assets like in BLOPS4 but instead they butchered the existing Verdansk...modern weapons mixed with ages old ones plus the map is getting boring now honestly.

Last edited:

Eron

Banned
Up.
Anyone playin cod cold war on series s? What is the exact file size of the game right now?

Top Bottom