• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Vanguard is SO much better than the Beta

Delt31

I’ve been in gaming for a long time and I can’t remember a game coming out of beta with this much improved. Literally everything I complained about was fixed. Great job SH games.

better sound
Better speed
Better weapon balancing

better everything

if you were disappointed with the beta, revisit this game now. So many multiplayer maps on launch too. Impressive.

Reizo Ryuu

Ron Burgundy No GIF

G-DannY

I’ve been in gaming for a long time and I can’t remember a game coming out of beta with this much improved. Literally everything I complained about was fixed. Great job SH games.

better sound
Better speed
Better weapon balancing

better everything

if you were disappointed with the beta, revisit this game now. So many multiplayer maps on launch too. Impressive.
average alive time seems to be 3 to 5 seconds watching streams (PAPAPA DEAD, RESPAWN, PAPAPAPA DEAD)

wow, so entertaining, so impressive, so cawadooty

Last edited:

mrcroket

I want but I won't pay 80€ for a call of duty game on ps5 (or for any other game really).

And CODs never drop prices so...

JoeBudden

definitely picking it up once it goes on sale. looks surprisingly good and a few places are reviewing it well.

twilo99

The game is good.

I played for a few hours this morning and it felt right. It looks great considering the performance I'm getting at 1440p.. I doubt I'll be hitting 150FPS in Halo infinite and from what I saw in the halo flight test, it doesn't look all that much better than Vanguard.

Luipadre

and the cod release cycle continues. Give it a few more weeks and it will be the worst cod ever

Im watching the campaign and its boring as hell and no way in hell im playing this mindless arena multiplayer in 2021

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
Don't buy into first-impression hype. Games always seem better than they are when you first start playing them.

When developers screw up a beta this badly, they really should make a trial version available shortly after launch that's basically the beta with all the improvements of the launch version. That awful beta probably cost them a lot of sales, and I'm not about to buy this until I can try the improvements for myself.

anthraticus

Banned
and the cod release cycle continues. Give it a few more weeks and it will be the worst cod ever

Im watching the campaign and its boring as hell and no way in hell im playing this mindless arena multiplayer in 2021
I'm pretty surprised this formula is still as popular as it is, tbh. Thought even the popamolers would be tiring of it by now, but I guess not.

MiguelItUp

So, because I got my money back for D2R, I just put it on Vanguard, cause I figured why not? Not sure what kind of sorcery they did, but the game runs infinitely better than Cold War did on my system. Maybe it's better now? But when I played it months after launch I'd get weird stutters here and there. With Vanguard there haven't been any whatsoever.

COD is very much a copy paste, and always has been. But it's definitely a guilty pleasure when I just wanna play some bang bang shooty game online.

Glad I gave it a shot.

Marvel

could never
It is yeah.

But the audio for everything other than grenades and your own gun is quiet and muffled.

clarky

Gold Member
No thanks. Played every call of duty up to this point but fuck whatever abomination this game is
It's basically MW2019 with a ww2 skin, better maps and a slightly higher time to kill.

I mean if you don't like COD fair enough but if you've played all of them I fail to see why you wouldnt like this one.

Not massively into the franchise myself but my brother and his mates play it a few nights a week and it's good fun, always has been.

DoomGyver

Which imbecile thought it was a good idea to have mvp voting after every match? People just want to get into the next game as quickly as possible.. that’s how previous cod devs treated the end game.

ManaByte

The post-match showboating is way out of hand. First they do a Overwatch style showcase of the winner, then the highlight, then the VIP voting shit. Takes forever after every match.

VN1X

Banned
I saw the Doc play this and as an avid COD fan who pretty much bought every release since the original it's going to be a hard pass from me. Looks utterly mindless and every match is like people are playing CDL lol. Fuck that noise.

BigLee74

Seems like COD? 🤷‍♂️

Campaign, multiplayer bang bang. I’ll get my money’s worth by the time the next one comes around, which is more than I can say for most games these days!

I saw the Doc play this and as an avid COD fan who pretty much bought every release since the original it's going to be a hard pass from me. Looks utterly mindless and every match is like people are playing CDL lol. Fuck that noise.
maybe he did after i turned it off....but idk how Doc didn't put his fist thru the screen.

Just watching it was maddening. Its walk 10 feet get obliterated...respawn 2 seconds later, rinse repeat. That looked like my nightmare scenario for playing online shooters. everything i hate about it

Stuart360

Yeah the DOC hated it and said he wont be playing again.
I have seen him bored on stream a few times in the past but never like today, holy smokes lol.

Saber

Gold Member
Nah, I pass.

If they need people like you to call more players to buy, then thats sign. They should have made a better impression with the beta.

TheMan

Lol i seriously had no idea this was out today. I used to make it a tradition to rent COD in release day to get through the campaign, but that's not actually possible round here anymore.

jm89

They really should make the MP free for a couple of days after launch.
It's probably the only way i will ever consider picking up any COD game nowadays by trying it out for a few days, they never do it so i never buy it.

Older CODs were very predictable in what you got, these newer ones just differ so much you don't know what you will end up with. Sure the fundementals of gameplay is the same, but it's all the other shit they add to these games that can make you love it or absolutley hate it.

Yeah he's off and on with Apex. He played it Wednesday all stream and loved it.
except for the part where he yelled how sick he was of Apex, and said thats why he doesn't play it lol
its a shame because Apex is my fave shooter. And i can barely tolerate watching him play Warzone. I prefer him playing Apex or PubG.
The only person i can stand to watch play Warzone is theseknivesonly

Stuart360

except for the part where he yelled how sick he was of Apex, and said thats why he doesn't play it lol
its a shame because Apex is my fave shooter. And i can barely tolerate watching him play Warzone. I prefer him playing Apex or PubG.
The only person i can stand to watch play Warzone is theseknivesonly
Well he said today that he loved Wednesdays session on Apex lol. I gree about Warzone though, its a borefest and the new map couldnt come any quicker.
Thankfully when he plays stuff like Warzone i just have him on as background noise.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Eh, the multiplayer is OK, nothing to write home about. Zombies is average at best, the campaign is decent though.

Top Bottom