• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Worldwide Reveal | Open Beta is coming first to PS4 and PS5

TheGecko

Banned
cross gen after almost 2 years new gen arrived. pathetic

This hole cross get holding back is getting stupid now and its delivers. PC games down look like shit because of their minimum spec, Hell you can play even lower than that usually with no problems.

its nothing more than a myth, followed by the type of people that pre order games.

clarky

Gold Member
It’s not insane to demand better looking games on brand new consoles.

I’m a professional photographer. I make my living off of delivering the best looking photographs I can produce to clients. I’m an artist... So are these developers at Infinity Ward.

I dont release photos if the editing/post processing is garbage. I expect the same thing when it comes to video game visuals. Step your shit UP. This game looks dated as fuck and there is no excuse. It’s ridiculous.

I’m hoping it’s just a low quality capture for the trailer.
MW2019 still looks like one of the best shooters to this day whilst still hitting a half decent frame rate. I'm sure it will look great. If you don't think they are doing their best i don't know what to say. The game cost an absolute fortune to make and makes a fortune by having the largest possible player base. No way Activision are ditching there biggest player base to give us nerds a few extra bits of eye candy.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Game has the the exclusive Steelbook for this, I was gonna order but it says some shit about paying now and not having the right to cancel.
I'm not too bothered about cancelling it more having to pay now 🤔

VN1X

Banned

I’m a professional photographer. I make my living off of delivering the best looking photographs I can produce to clients. I’m an artist... So are these developers at Infinity Ward.

I dont release photos if the editing/post processing is garbage. I expect the same thing when it comes to video game visuals. Step your shit UP. This game looks dated as fuck and there is no excuse. It’s ridiculous.

Making photographs is entirely different from producing and developing videogames though, surely you'd know this. I'm not saying either is more difficult than the other but they certainly involve very different means of production from one another. If you genuinely think this looks *bad* then I dunno what to tell you man, I think some of the shots looked great and considering this will run at high framerates (regardless of systems) that's all I can ask for.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Game has the the exclusive Steelbook for this, I was gonna order but it says some shit about paying now and not having the right to cancel.
I'm not too bothered about cancelling it more having to pay now 🤔
Activision are willing to throw in a sexual assault to sweeten the deal

Chronicle

Making photographs is entirely different from producing and developing videogames though, surely you'd know this. I'm not saying either is more difficult than the other but they certainly involve very different means of production from one another. If you genuinely think this looks *bad* then I dunno what to tell you man, I think some of the shots looked great and considering this will run at high framerates (regardless of systems) that's all I can ask for.
He does know that. He's using his craft as an analogy. Don't be so pedantic.

It’s amazing how many people enjoyed mw to me considering it was one of the worst mp ever in cod (vangaurd rignt up there with it).The mp had stupid kill times, awful map design, steps were too loud, gunplay was in general poor. The list goes on.

Campaign was fun in fairness.

Last edited:

SZips

I'm just happy it's back on Steam. I enjoy the campaigns (yeah, sometimes I need just a mindless, by the numbers FPS from time to time), so it will be nice to return to them.

...Even if the series is now going to take a year off after this year's release.

Lognor

Banned
So ready for this first on ps nonsense to be over. Only a couple more years, I think. Then us xbox owners will get a chance to get first dibs on betas, dlc and DEMOS.

clarky

Gold Member
So ready for this first on ps nonsense to be over. Only a couple more years, I think. Then us xbox owners will get a chance to get first dibs on betas, dlc and DEMOS.
Early access to the beta never mentioned PS first this time which is strange.

Edit my bad see it now. still steam for me bummer.

Last edited:
why the FUCK do the graphics look significantly worse than COD 2019????? :messenger_poop::messenger_poop::messenger_poop:

I hate this damn generation
Right. I legit thought this was a low budget $40 version of the MW2 multiplayer finally coming out (well, at first I thought it was just MW2 remastered but then remembered I already bought and played that multiplayer-less disappointment).

Neolombax

The trailer didn't really hype me, it looks fine. Heard they were doing interesting things physics wise, quite interested to see the gameplay to see these improvements. Gunsmith sounded interesting too.

ManaByte

GdopKSA.jpg

Randy Savage Yes GIF by WWE

Three

Your in a COD thread asking for a new IP. Look at you.:messenger_horns:
I mean did you see the studios list at the end of the trailer. It was almost comical. They literally had every studio logo because they were all working on this thing so I don't blame the guy asking for new IP here.

clarky

Gold Member
I mean did you see the studios list at the end of the trailer. It was almost comical. They literally had every studio logo because they were all working on this thing so I don't blame the guy asking for new IP here.
Aye but COD fans want COD and there's a shit ton of them. Activision like shit loads of money. So he's shit out of luck.

1 season of Cod will probably make more money than whatever platformer some people want toys for bob to make. For zero risk and less effort. Im not a COD die hard or anything, but i do(did) enjoy warzone and 2019 and im looking forward to this.

Can't see much changing when MS take over either.

Last edited:

GenericUser

I'm not able to pre order on amazon. Is this a bug? I usually pre order, use the beta key and cancel my pre order after that. Wonder when they will add the game...

The game looks amazing, really don't know what you're talking about.

Still its COD and like with any Sonic game will always get hate.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
The game looks amazing, really don't know what you're talking about.

Still its COD and like with any Sonic game will always get hate.
You cannot be serious. Maybe the game will look better in person. But in what way did that trailer look good graphically? It looks like a ps4 game through and through. If that was released in 2017 i still wouldn’t have been mind blown.

Last edited:
You cannot be serious. Maybe the game will look better in person. But in what way did that trailer look good graphically? It looks like a ps4 game through and through. If that was released in 2017 i still wouldn’t have been mind blown.
I don't think you are serious at all. It looks great, still its COD so best get used to hate, its the same score with Sonic.

People complaining about crossgen should get their head out of their ass.
PS4/Xbox One users WAY outnumber the current gen users.

They'd be stupid not to do it this way.

The entitlement is off the charts here.. Should they just ignore last gen just because YOU have a current gen console?

Puh-lease!!!

kikkis

People complaining about crossgen should get their head out of their ass.
PS4/Xbox One users WAY outnumber the current gen users.

They'd be stupid not to do it this way.

The entitlement is off the charts here.. Should they just ignore last gen just because YOU have a current gen console?

Puh-lease!!!
Outnumber yes, but this is 2 year lifecycle release and despite outnumbering we have past examples of games not really selling all that well on previous gen despite much bigger userbase. I hope acti releases gen split sometime after release.

Top Bottom