• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 IOTI Keep Your Friends Close And Your Danger Closer

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Ggr6qPn.jpg

Doing better than I thought. 👍

Though suffering from working through snipers and that damn 10 bullet holding battle rifle 😬🙈

Brother the other three Battle Rifles are all angelic compared to the FTAC. I like all the guns in the game but that one is so bad. And it has a 5 round mag option lmao thats suicide.

splattered

I've noticed that in 6v6 matches it won't actually use the execution i have selected, it still uses the default. Sometimes it won't even use the operator i have equipped and it's just a rando from the list. Not sure what's going on there.

So someone popped smoke and I couldn't see anything except for a red diamond over an enemy. Kind of lame I scored a kill just because of a cheap mechanic like that.

What's the point of camouflage, smoke grenades, and all that if a red diamond is always going to be above your head pointing you out to the enemy.

What happened to the map that was in the beta...the gallery one? Honestly I thought it was trash but I just realized after playing for weeks all modes available, I haven't run into that map since release. Did they scrap it?

TheZink

What happened to the map that was in the beta...the gallery one? Honestly I thought it was trash but I just realized after playing for weeks all modes available, I haven't run into that map since release. Did they scrap it?
Apparently, it was a copy of a real building, and they didn’t get permission to use it so they had to pull it.

So after 2 days of messing around with DMZ I finally got the M13B. I did it completely solo and I would not recommend it. The AI is completely insane when it comes to their line of sight or even when out of sight. I even tried throwing knives but as soon as you kill one silently every other enemy in the area would be alerted... Total bullshit.

For those who have gotten the gun, what's up with the blueprint you get "Health Hazard". It seems to be only available in DMZ. When you go to your regular weapons loadout it shows that you have a blueprint, but it only shows/allows you to pick the base weapon? I hope they fix that with an update. I would like to play this blueprint version in 6v6. I've certainly earned it.

Also this gun is pretty killer, I just leveled it to 7 after just one round of 6v6. I'm almost afraid to put any attachments on it.
Spent literally 5 6 hours trying to get that gun went to that hazard zone twice but the chemist was not there , is it because someone else killed him first ? Horrible shit tbh locking the gun like that

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Spent literally 5 6 hours trying to get that gun went to that hazard zone twice but the chemist was not there , is it because someone else killed him first ? Horrible shit tbh locking the gun like that
Yeah there’s a notification comes up if he’s in the area if not he’s already deas

Yeah there’s a notification comes up if he’s in the area if not he’s already deas
Some voice note when ur near the area ?? Tell me something if I team up with u and u have it as ur insured weapon and u die early and I pick it up can I have the gun that way if I extract with it ??

Mossybrew

Well I think its clear DMZ is not for me, went ahead and tried a match with a couple randos, consisted of wandering aimlessly, killing random npcs, looting stuff for who knows why, eventually dying to a group of armored npcs. More power to anyone who likes this but that was a waste of 20 minutes of my life.

Mossybrew

And tried some warzone. Nah, Fortnite remains the BR king, this just isnt what I want from CoD or a BR, the ttk is just too fast for the time investment in the Warzone mode imo. Fortnite gives you much more time to react to attackers and just works a lot better for that style of play. I will be sticking with the base mp modes that are what cod is all about imo, fast paced fast spawn intensity.

Tarnpanzer

Right now everyone is going for it. My advice: wait 1-2 weeks and try again. By that time you should have much less competition because most players who wanted that gun will already have it.

cormack12

Gold Member
I'm really liking DMZ. It needs an intro or something though, some of the shit is really obtuse.

I've figured most out I think but haven't tried the tier 2 missions yet

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Like Tarnpanzer Tarnpanzer said a lot of people are going for that gun and I agree its very dumb to lock a gun behind a mechanic like this

About mid season this gun is going to be in a store bundle so I am just waiting for that

I know people here have offered to help me get it which I hugely appreciate but I hardly ever have set times I can sit down and actually schedule gameplay as a lot of my game time gets interrupted that I need to just leave a game

Freeman76

Servers are dogshut on this. Easily the worst CoD of the entire series for me

Cant party with my wife and kids as it hangs on connecting forever. Warzone is a lagfest.

Too many one shot kill weapons.

MP maps are shit apart from 2 that I absolutely love.

Its frustrating on so many levels i just cant believe its the highest grossing game in the series, that tells these devs its fine to release a game in this state and still rake in a fortune.

Im sure it will come good in the end but fuck me what a crock of shit so far

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Cant party with my wife and kids as it hangs on connecting forever. Warzone is a lagfest.

Its frustrating on so many levels i just cant believe its the highest grossing game in the series, that tells these devs its fine to release a game in this state and still rake in a fortune.

I don't know if you played Vanguard or Cold War but imagine how bad those games were for people just waiting for this new entry and buy it at this pace

BF 2042 is about to head to EA Play and Gamepass Ultimate and that will kill off this COD

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

Freeman76

I don't know if you played Vanguard or Cold War but imagine how bad those games were for people just waiting for this new entry and buy it at this pace

BF 2042 is about to head to EA Play and Gamepass Ultimate and that will kill off this COD

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

I really enjoyed Vanguard personally, never bothered with Cold War though

Emedan

I agree that it's buggy, but damn is it good value. Just the amount of game modes are insane. It's fun!

Crew511A

I took the plunge last night, and ended up getting a refund through Microsoft this morning. I saw some sketchy things on kill cam, but oh well, I figured SBMM would just make it easier for me the next match. It never really did. I won more than my share of matches in Domination, but going 3 - 18 isn't enjoyable, even if you win. It seems like every lobby I got put in was full of people playing a 1 million dollar tournament. I just bought the game for crying out loud! Put me with some fellow noobs!

Did not enjoy the maps at all. What happened to basic 3 lane maps? Everyone knew where I was, thanks to the constant UAV spam, but trying to get any kind of flow going was impossible. I guess I'm going to playing Cold War for another 2 years.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I took the plunge last night, and ended up getting a refund through Microsoft this morning. I saw some sketchy things on kill cam, but oh well, I figured SBMM would just make it easier for me the next match. It never really did. I won more than my share of matches in Domination, but going 3 - 18 isn't enjoyable, even if you win. It seems like every lobby I got put in was full of people playing a 1 million dollar tournament. I just bought the game for crying out loud! Put me with some fellow noobs!

Did not enjoy the maps at all. What happened to basic 3 lane maps? Everyone knew where I was, thanks to the constant UAV spam, but trying to get any kind of flow going was impossible. I guess I'm going to playing Cold War for another 2 years.
Dont know how many matches you played but the general thought it SBMM doesn't kick in until your first 20 matches or so.

Plus was told by a super reliable person that after that it goes by 5 game snapshots of how much to adjust your next 5 games

Thus he also said if you want some decent lobbies your first 5 matches of the day work on grinding harder stuff say like rocket launcher kills then you will get thrown in some pretty easy lobbies and honestly its how I got my only nuke thus far

But that doesn't address you seeing some sketchy stuff via kill cam especially if those players were PC as its pretty well known there is a paid wall hack that ricochet is not picking up yet

I was trading long range shots with a sniper who was on PC last night and he was getting the drop on me before I mounted the wall I was using and watching the kill cam you could see even though the wall was maybe 10 feet long even when I would crawl to the wall before raising up he was preaiming where I was about to pop up, he knew exactly where I was

Freeman76

No idea why crossplay cant be turned off. Another thing that makes the game more obnoxious. The maps, like you said, just dont work imo. Its a get shot in the back simulator basically

Crew511A

Dont know how many matches you played but the general thought it SBMM doesn't kick in until your first 20 matches or so.

Plus was told by a super reliable person that after that it goes by 5 game snapshots of how much to adjust your next 5 games

Thus he also said if you want some decent lobbies your first 5 matches of the day work on grinding harder stuff say like rocket launcher kills then you will get thrown in some pretty easy lobbies and honestly its how I got my only nuke thus far

But that doesn't address you seeing some sketchy stuff via kill cam especially if those players were PC as its pretty well known there is a paid wall hack that ricochet is not picking up yet

I was trading long range shots with a sniper who was on PC last night and he was getting the drop on me before I mounted the wall I was using and watching the kill cam you could see even though the wall was maybe 10 feet long even when I would crawl to the wall before raising up he was preaiming where I was about to pop up, he knew exactly where I was
I played a little over 2 and a half hours, so I didn't get the 20 matches in. Microsoft doesn't give refunds if you have played the game too much, so I don't want to risk losing the refund hoping it will get better.

I'm kind bummed, because the gun play is good, and the graphics and sound are both pretty good.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I played a little over 2 and a half hours, so I didn't get the 20 matches in. Microsoft doesn't give refunds if you have played the game too much, so I don't want to risk losing the refund hoping it will get better.

I'm kind bummed, because the gun play is good, and the graphics and sound are both pretty good.
Even then with how this SBMM works even if you do really well a few matches you are thrown back into try hard sweats and if you are a pure casual (like myself) you will be forever stuck with around a 1.0 k/d

Its the most fun I have had in a COD in a few years even with the bugs but this SBMM can really take the fun out of it for me fast

the only time i have found Warzone 2.0 even tolerable is if i play quads and the other 3 have mics and attempt to do enemy callouts. Otherwise its such a miserable BR experience.
Its a shame this isn't a better game. Because the third person BR mode would be so cool. I love the way ur character looks and the controls feel really tight. Its the new SOCOM we'll never get. And it feels way better than Ghost Reacon breakpoint. Its just these ppl don't know how to make a BR. Apex & Fortnite are leagues above this.

the map is just too big. It has the Battlefield 2042 problem. Where u spend most of ur time fiddle fcken around, instead of being in the action

dorkimoe

Played my first few games this weekend

1) that is the worst menu i have ever seen in a game..wow. Cant find anything, its buggy, it tells me to pre order mw2 lol
2) VERY laggy, everyone was warping all over (not me, i have 1gb up/down)
3) god the menu is bad

Deanington

Pretty annoying that Shoot House haves sae's/flybys or what ever. Never played it before so not sure if thats always been a thing? Pretty stupid for such a small map especially how annoying it is in the bigger maps.

splattered

For some reason my larger daily challenges arent completing.

Also, playing shoot house yet again to continue leveling all the guns and it's becoming annoying how many people are running around with a riot shield on their back and akimbo pistols etc.

Kerotan

Me and my friends all think it's worse across the board, doesn't help than the servers are absolute shit.
We've decided to only play from morning until afternoon. Had 4 wins today's and a few 16/17 kill games. Sadly because funding money is trash there's only one or two "good" places we can land every game.

The map is good so I guess after a few months of tweaks it will be better but all I can think of is verdansk/caldera versions of this.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Played my first few games this weekend

1) that is the worst menu i have ever seen in a game..wow. Cant find anything, its buggy, it tells me to pre order mw2 lol
2) VERY laggy, everyone was warping all over (not me, i have 1gb up/down)
3) god the menu is bad
The menu is horrible and clunky to navigate

splattered

I just got a weird message saying something like "A player that your platform does not allow you to play with is in this game, would you like to back out of the lobby?" ... and it kept asking over and over

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
I just got a weird message saying something like "A player that your platform does not allow you to play with is in this game, would you like to back out of the lobby?" ... and it kept asking over and over
I think some has cross play turned off

Top Bottom