• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 IOTI Keep Your Friends Close And Your Danger Closer

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Having a great time! Winning at least 80% of matches which is way more than I did in the beta. M4 maxed out. Gonna max out all the other primary weapons before I go after Gold.

The menus are quite confusing compared to MW2019 - maybe it’s just me?

Not just you. The UI is bad. Infinity Ward said they would make improvements going forward. There’s already quite a few changes from the beta.

nikos

Game looks good and runs well. Pinned at my FPS cap of 140 with max settings, 3840x1600, DLSS OFF. We'll see how Warzone 2 runs.

Movement isn't as crazy as MW19/Warzone. It was fun slide canceling all over the place to get around quickly and get in/out of situations but I don't mind the new pacing. Makes me feel more like a bot but I'll get used to it. At the moment, survivability may feel a bit decreased because of it.

Core modes are not fun at all right now. Shoot someone first, still lose fight because they spent the day in New Zealand leveling weapons. Need hardcore to alleviate some of the bullshit.

SBMM feels like it's turned up to 9000, nothing but sweats in my lobbies. Does this even carry over from previous games?

Ground War/Invasion are way more fun right now. Will probably spend more time playing these until hardcore is added.

Briefly tried Spec-Ops and it was really cool. Will definitely do those with a friend tomorrow.

Really happy to be back in modern times. Glad this is supposed to be a two year game.

Cyborg

Any consensus on which version to get? Series X or PS5?
XSX runs a little bit better at 120fps. Choose where your friends are.

I'm picking up the PS5 version because most will (due to the marketing deal) so the lobbies will be full and easy to find a match down the road.

GenericUser

I'm picking up the PS5 version because most will (due to the marketing deal) so the lobbies will be full and easy to find a match down the road.
It seems that crossplay is active and it isn't possible to deactivate it (yet?). So if you have no friends (like me), the platform really doesn't matter that much. You'll always have plenty of people to play with.
Even if you have friends, discord apps are available on xbox and PC and will soon arrive on playstation as well. So even voicechat probably won't be an issue much longer.

Nothin like a 200-199 Domination win. I hope the other team was pissed.
thats the call of duty mindset :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

TexMex

It’s cross play, what’s it matter? Can’t you just play with anyone regardless of the platform they’re on? I say pick whichever platform is your favorite.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Having a great time! Winning at least 80% of matches which is way more than I did in the beta. M4 maxed out. Gonna max out all the other primary weapons before I go after Gold.

Not just you. The UI is bad. Infinity Ward said they would make improvements going forward. There’s already quite a few changes from the beta.
Oh good. I remember the UI on MW19 was super simple and straight forward. Can't wait for the revised UI.

Codes 208

So is there a way to make the aim sensitivity a bit closer to previous CoD’s? I played a few rounds and found myself frequently over-correcting due to momentum increasing as you turn

its cross-play though, hell my friend is playing on his xsx while im playing on my ps5 (and i have two friends planning on buying on steam)

Last edited:

Winter John

How come when these Twitch streamers are doing well the game's perfect, but when they get their asses kicked the game's full of lag, sweaty lobbies and other player's doing unfair sneaky shit?

clarky

Gold Member
Man this steam numbers lmao. Destroying battlefield in every single way. Cod is back boys
Yup its not even prime time yet. COD's as big as its ever been. If its doing the business on steam i wonder what the PS/Xbox numbers are like?
DMZ and warzone in a couple of weeks as well.

Matt_Fox

On PS5 and not a single crash or technical issue.

The one problem - and it's a good one to have - is that the lobbies are so quick I don't have time to tweak the gun attachments before the next round starts!

Sad to hear that PC players are having tech problems, but perhaps that speaks more of PC vs console in general, than it does any one particular game.

Cyborg

So is there a way to make the aim sensitivity a bit closer to previous CoD’s? I played a few rounds and found myself frequently over-correcting due to momentum increasing as you turn

its cross-play though, hell my friend is playing on his xsx while im playing on my ps5 (and i have two friends planning on buying on steam)
Playing a CoD game against PC players doesn't seem a fun/fair thing. Or can you choose to play only against Xbox?

Last edited:
I FORGOT ABOUT THAT. Yeah, that was dumb. I ended up running backwards, hiding the corner with a shotgun and just letting them come to me. There's an achievement if you do that map without firing a gun, and I'm just like, 'how?!'
I found a room to the left with two entrances, and I was a trap-crafting, shotgunning fool for what felt like forever.

Mr.ODST

Santa Seña Border Crossing is the worst map in COD history, oh my days its so so bad.

Rest are really good fun though.

Enjoying the game alot

Just finished the campaign, great ideas, big lack of polish.

Played on the hardest difficulty that was not blocked (second latest), and god damn.

- Aimbot enemies that kill you in 3 impacts,
- bugs in the scripting (in ex. a couple segments where you have to sneak from enemy patrols that get out of a car)
- armored enemies are a pain to deal with (because they usually don't come alone),
- lack of clarity on the objective (lmao on the underwater segments),
- atrocious checkpoints (some of them get you in the middle of firing lol).

If all these was polished it would have been a superb experience

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Game runs beautifully on PC maxed out 4k144. Only issue is this flickering I'm getting that didn't happen in beta.

My GPU is stable in every game but has some artifacting going on. Not sure if it's a driver issue or the game. Game doesn't crash but seems to have little shader caching or some kind of stutter in main menu upon loading. In game it's smooth but those graphical artifacts in game distract.

DR3AM

Fuck, you can’t disable cross play between Xbox and pc players.
PC cheaters ruined Warzone for me on Xbox.

LiquidMetal14

Looks like a shader recompile fixed it somewhat. The game still stutters and freezes when joining a lobby completely for seconds at a time. The first time I went into a lobby it didn't do that but every single time I've joined an MP lobby it's nearly frozen until I see the game loading.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Is the unlocking system for attachments in multiplayer still way different? In just want a simple RDS I remember in the beta that shit was complicated to unlock :|

NickFire

Man this steam numbers lmao. Destroying battlefield in every single way. Cod is back boys
I gave Battlefield a second chance the last couple months, and I was having a good time with it. Now that COD is back to a realistic look for a modern shooter, I think Battlefield's rebirth will be short lived. Shame they didn't have it in the current state a year ago. But life moves on, and COD really does feel "back" right now. The king has returned.

kyliethicc

Is the unlocking system for attachments in multiplayer still way different? In just want a simple RDS I remember in the beta that shit was complicated to unlock :|
Not that complicated. And requires less grinding than old games.

Some attachments (like barrels) are now tied to a platform (like the M4) instead of an individual weapon. So instead of having to grind every gun to max, sometimes you unlock an attachment for multiple weapons at once. Otherwise its the same as always.

You unlock most of the weapons just by ranking up, as usual. A few other weapons are unlocked via the platform progression instead of your rank. Like you don't unlock the MP5 by your rank, its in the Lachman platform. You unlock the Lachman 762 rifle at rank 16 and then as you use that weapon, you'll unlock the rest of the platform including the MP5. Otherwise weapons like the Fennec (Vector) just unlock normally by ranking up.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
It’s cross play, what’s it matter? Can’t you just play with anyone regardless of the platform they’re on? I say pick whichever platform is your favorite.
I wish cross play could just involve the consoles and exclude PC and maybe it does as I left it on

Played with quite a few people on PC through the day yesterday and already ran into one group of aimbotters named something like Spankumommy and Spankudaddy.

I joined the game of TDM already in progress and my team was down something stupid like 70-15 and only 3 of us on my team as everyone kept leaving and those two morons were both 40 some kills to single digit deaths and the play of the game showed obvious aim bot as he was snap shooting three players insanely fast

Freeman76

Fuck, you can’t disable cross play between Xbox and pc players.
PC cheaters ruined Warzone for me on Xbox.
Thats really shit. PC players ruin these games, its always been the way. They finally sorted that out on warzone then left it in this. Muppets!

LiquidMetal14

If you are on PC and have got a NVIDIA card with latest drivers but get crashes and graphical glitches, roll back driver to the one before.

The new driver for some reason makes MW2 play up.
I knew it. Got a link to reports by chance?

kikkis

Usually cods favor smgs, but here maps seem to work much better for rifles.

Does anybody know how to activate weapon tuning?

splattered

Usually cods favor smgs, but here maps seem to work much better for rifles.

Does anybody know how to activate weapon tuning?

I actually appreciated this about the beta, longer range engagements and stayed alive longer rather than just constant meat grinder.

Matt_Fox

Gamespot recommends Fidelity CAS set at 50. Here are Gamespot's best settings for controller and console graphics. I've been playing with these settings and I'm not a great player but they seem good to me...

Inputs​

• Button Layout Preset: Tactical
  • Flip L1/R1 with L2/R2: Off
  • Stick Layout Preset: Default
  • Controller Vibration: Off
  • Trigger Effect (PS5): Off

Aiming​

• Horizontal Stick Sensitivity: 6
  • Vertical Stick Sensitivity: 6
  • ADS Sensitivity Multiplier: 1.00
  • Sensitivity Multiplier:
    • Third Person: 1.00
    • Ground Vehicles: 1.00
    • Air Vehicles: 1.00
    • Tablet: 1.00
  • Vertical Aim Axis:
    • Vertical Aim On Foot: Standard
    • Vertical Aim Third Person: Standard
    • Vertical Aim Ground Vehicles: Standard
    • Vertical Aim Air Vehicles: Standard
    • Gameplay​

• Aim Down Sight Behavior: Hold
      • Automatic Sprint: Automatic Tactical Sprint
      • Equipment Behavior: Hold
      • Weapon Mount Activation: ADS + Melee
      • Interact/Reload Behavior: Prioritize Reload
    • Advanced controls​

Aim assist​

• Target Aim Assist: On
      • Aim Assist Type: Default
      • Aim Response Curve Type: Standard
      • ADS Aim Assist: On
    • Aiming​

• ADS Sens. Multiplier: 1.00
      • ADS Sensitivity Transition Timing: Instant
      • Custom Sensitivity Per Zoom: Off
      • Inputs Deadzone:
        • Left Stick Min: 0.3
        • Right Stick Min: 0.3
        • Left Stick Max: 0.99
        • Right Stick Max: 0.99
        • L2 Button: 0.3
        • R2 Button: 0.3
    • Movement Behaviors​

• Sprint/Tactical Sprint Behavior: Toggle
      • Auto Move Forward: Off
      • Tactical Sprint Behavior: Single Tap Sprint
      • Grounded Mantle: Off
      • Automatic Airborne Mantle: Partial
      • Automatic Ground Mantle: Off
      • Invert Slide and Dive Behavior: Standard
      • Plunging Underwater: Movement
      • Sprinting Door Bash: On
    • Combat Behaviors​

• ADS Stick Swap: Off
      • Backpack Alternate Control: Off
      • ADS Interruption Behavior: Interrupt
      • Weapon Mount Movement Exit: On
      • Weapon Mount Exit Delay: Medium
      • Depleted Ammo Weapon Switch: On
      • Quick C4 Detonation: On
    • Vehicle Behaviors​

• Vehicle Camera Recenter: Short Delay
      • Camera Initial Position: Free Look
    • Overlays Behavior​

• Scoreboard Behavior: Toggle
      • Ping Wheel Delay: Moderate
      • Double Tap Danger Ping Delay: Moderate
    • Best graphics settings for console​

Details and textures​

• On Demand Texture Streaming: Off
      • World Motion Blur: Off
      • Weapon Motion Blue: Off
      • Film Grain: 0.00
      • Depth of Field: Off
      • FIDELITYFZ CAS: On
      • FIDELITYFZ CAS Strength: 50
    • View​

• Field of View: 100.00
        • ADS: Field of View: Affected
        • Weapon Field of View: Default
      • First-Person Camera View: Least 50%
      • Third-Person Camera View: Least 50%
      • Brightness: Adjust brightness to your specific monitor/TV
      • Safe Area: Adjust to your specific monitor/TV

Boneless

If you are on PC and have got a NVIDIA card with latest drivers but get crashes and graphical glitches, roll back driver to the one before.

The new driver for some reason makes MW2 play up.

Thanks, got the update notification but didn't apply yet.

LiquidMetal14

For what it's worth, I was happy with how good I did compare to past Cod's. Just some artifacts on PC but performance is stellar.

I like that map with the F1 cars.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Not really fan of attachement tuning. Its bit too much. Kind of hope they remove it tbh.

I dont even bother with it and I doubt it makes much of a difference anyway. I like to cycle out attachments as I unlock them in order, even if they don’t go together well (ie a 8x scope with a 50 round drum). Makes for really fun variety.

Top Bottom