• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 IOTI Keep Your Friends Close And Your Danger Closer

cormack12

Gold Member
That Alone mission is equally as shite. They've appeared to make an FPS where you don't get enough ammo, and spend your time arsing about in shadows.

There are a few good missions but generally I think it's a step backward. Game looks fantastic though, that mission in the hills by the lighthouse looks legit outstanding.

TheMan

Playing through the campaign slowly and it’s pretty good except for the stealth stuff which I can’t stand.

Haven’t bought a COD at launch ever I don’t think so this should be fun

Boneless

makes sense the human eyes can't see past 30 fps anyway
Americas Got Talent Reaction GIF by Top Talent
Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs
Angry Buffy The Vampire Slayer GIF

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
That Alone mission is equally as shite. They've appeared to make an FPS where you don't get enough ammo, and spend your time arsing about in shadows.

There are a few good missions but generally I think it's a step backward. Game looks fantastic though, that mission in the hills by the lighthouse looks legit outstanding.
i mean everyone that always complains how COD games are the same.. can finally STFU.
but all i want is braindead pew pew mission from A to B with awesome set pieces.

not fucking

capsule_616x353.jpg

that oil rig level was dope as hell tho

Last edited:
So I’m getting the bloody ‘installing’ bug on PS5. Tried going to settings and backing out, rebooting the console and the game, nothing works.

If I’ve seriously spent £70 on this for it not to work, I’m going to be pretty fucking pissed off…

Hip Hop

Okay.

So I dont need the Campaign and all the other download packs to start playing the game tonight, right?

Im in a place with not so good internet connection and my Multiplayer and Base Pack download will be done in 6 hours on the dot so hopefully thats all i need to download

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
eeh it's friday here.. i still can't play for fuck sake :pie_roffles:

Last edited:
Finished the first two missions in the campaign and my only complaint so far is the lack of music or reused music from mw2019, compare this to what Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe gave us with the og MW2 and the soundtrack is garbage. I’m a fan of Sarah Schachner though, so I hope it picks up.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Finished the first two missions in the campaign and my only complaint so far is the lack of music or reused music from mw2019, compare this to what Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe gave us with the og MW2 and the soundtrack is garbage. I’m a fan of Sarah Schachner though, so I hope it picks up.

Sarah’s work on Infinite Warfare was goated. I think this was just a dud for her. Doesn’t help that the sound mixing also emphasized effects way more than the music.

GladiusFrog

I'm a hypocrite, Didn't like the Beta, said this would be the second CoD I wouldn't purchase in a row.

Bought the game, Enjoying the Campaign.

Hope MP is a more polished experience then my Beta impressions.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Completed all SP trophies yesterday and in 4 hours I'll be doing Spec-Ops with a friend to get the co-op trophies - and then MP for the rest of the weekend.

anyone else finish the campaign and find many sections tedious trial and error with clunky movement and controls? or is it just me living over here on pepperidge farm...
Change controls to dynamic. Thank me later.

Edit: and deadzones to 0.0

Edit2: Just copy everything from this: https://www.gfinityesports.com/guides/best-modern-warfare-2-controller-settings/
(Except tactical button layout imo)

Last edited:

Meowtor

Gold Member
Really hope we see the zombie outbreak mode come back from cold war. Absolutely loved that so much

I don’t know if I’m halfway through, close to the end, a third of the way. But I just finished the mission called Hardline, and so far this campaign is reminiscent of the Medal of Honor reboot from about 10 years ago, and that’s not a good thing. Zzzzzz

Malachai

Gold Member
Anyone getting a weird issue where you can't leave or access any kind of options screen in a match on PS5? If I press start the screen just freezes for a second and everything goes into slow motion. Also I'm very disappointed that there doesn't seem to be any hc modes, this has been a cod standard for years.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Anyone getting a weird issue where you can't leave or access any kind of options screen in a match on PS5? If I press start the screen just freezes for a second and everything goes into slow motion. Also I'm very disappointed that there doesn't seem to be any hc modes, this has been a cod standard for years.
Isn’t the tier 1 mode the new HC mode ?

ryantetric

Neo Member
The pacing in campaign from Alone to Prison Break has me going zzzzzzzzz for gameplay, I understand they're trying new things. Atleast I feel like I'm paying attention to the characters more.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Neolombax

Played maybe 2 hours of MP last night, I liked the new maps that I played. They're open maps, not the standard 3 lane maps. Rank seemed to have reset back to 0, I thought we would just continue of progress from the beta. Anyone else noticed that headshots would result in an explosion of cash instead of blood? What is up with that?

Aaron Olive

Logo-officiel-Modern-Warfare-2.png

RELEASE DATE: OCTOBER 28, 2022
PLATFORMS: PS5, PS4, XBOX ONE, XBOX SERIES, PC
MAIN DEVELOPER: INFINITY WARD

CAMPAIGN
price1.png
price2.png
price3.png

Modern Warfare II is a sequel to the 2019 reboot simply called 'Modern Warfare'. The campaign follows similar story beats to the original but this is a brand new experience. It takes about 6 to 7 hours to complete. It was available in an early access state to any players who digitally preordered the game, so many players have already beaten it as of the full game's release date.

MULTIPLAYER
Multiplayer will follow the Battle Pass system of recent CoD games, unless otherwise changed in the future. This means that all maps and weapons will be free to all players. Players who purchase seasonal Battle Passes will get exclusive access to cosmetics, including character skins & vehicle skins. Please note that the first season is set to launch November 16.

LAUNCH MODES
  • Free For All
  • Team Deathmatch
  • Domination
  • Hardpoint
  • Headquarters
  • Control (each team takes turns attacking/defending objectives, with a shared life pool of 30 each)
  • Prisoner Rescue (hostage rescue, one team defends)
  • Knock Out (teams fight for a bag of cash with no respawns)
  • Search and Destroy
  • Ground War
  • Invasion (Ground War but with AI enemies on both teams also littering the field)
MWII-LAUNCH-MP-014.jpg

Kill Confirmed is absent from the normal playlist and will instead be a "featured" mode. It is highly likely Kill Confirmed will be added to the normal playlist after launch, in addition to other fan favorites like Gun Game.

LAUNCH MAPS
  • Breenbergh Hotel
  • Museum
  • Mercado Las Almas
  • Taraq
  • Crown Raceway
  • Al Bagra Fortress
  • Zarqwa Hydroelectric
  • Santa Seña Border Crossing
  • Farm 18
  • Embassy
  • El Asilo

MWII-LAUNCH-MP-018.jpg

• Sa’id (Ground War)
  • Sariff Bay (Ground War)
  • Santa Seña (Ground War)
  • Zarqwa Hydroelectric (Ground War)
  • Al Bagra Fortress (Ground War)

SPEC OPS
MWII will feature a 2 player Spec Ops cooperative mode which continues the story of the campaign. This mode was not very popular in MW 2019, but is there for players wanting more PVE content.

WARZONE 2
Warzone 2 will launch November 16. It will be free to play, but players who own MWII proper will be able to more easily level their weapons & characters. In addition to the regular Battle Royale mode, a new "DMZ" mode will appear which is said to bear high similarities to Escape From Tarkov.

MISC INFORMATION
Release Info
release.png

PC Specs
pc-specs.jpg

Endgame Camos
mastery.jpg

Gold is unlocked by getting all the Base Camos for a weapon and completing the newly unlocked Gold challenge.
Platinum is unlocked by getting all the Gold Camos for a weapon category (i.e. all Shotguns or SMGs) and completeing the newly unlocked Platinum challenge.
Polyatomic is unlocked by getting Platinum for any 51 weapons and completing the newly unlocked Polyatomic challenge.
The final camo, Orion, is simply unlocked by completing the Orion challenge which will unlock as soon as you get a Polyatomic camo.

I'll see you on the beach!
I see you what you were aiming for with Valeria.😂🤣

Catphish

Just finished the campaign.

Liked the first half, hated the second half. All the sneaking and fucking crafting. Crafting! Fuck off!

Also, on the whole, the AI was awful. Dumb as a box of rocks. Completely killed any possible immersion.

I also had this weird thing, playing on PC, where often times when I died, and restarted from last checkpoint, for the first few seconds, my FPS would crater. Single digits. Kinda looked like it was being rendered without the help of the GPU. It would recover, but it sucked, and is something I haven't seen in any previous CoD. I figured it would be resolved by the new nVidia driver set released today but, nope.

Anyway, it was a slog, and one of my least favorite CoD campaigns ever. Glad it's over.

Bring on MP!

I got a few matches in this evening. It didn’t immediately wow me and suck me in like MW did but I still had fun. Can’t wait to get off work tomorrow and dive in a bit deeper.

GenericUser

So, i spend a few hours with the final game, my thoughts so far:

- Visibility has been greatly improved over the beta. You can finally see something.
- Graphics are crystal clear on xbox x (and I guess on PS5 too)
- Gunplay still unmatched on consoles. There is simply no other game that even comes close to Call of Duty in this regard.
- Soundwhoring has been toned down.
- SBMM/RBMM is in full effect. Already ran into a few 360 noscope tryhard sweaters.
- Maps overall seem to be top notch. I have not played a single map that I didn't like.
- Kill confirmed is not a featured playlist, it's a regular mode that you can select
- TDM kill limit has been increased from 75 kills to 100. Great change.
- "Zoom in" camera after you've been killed is absent in Kill Confirmed and TDM (still present in the other modes I played)
- Matchmaking works well and downtime between rounds has been reduced significantly. I always have to quit matchmaking to customize my classes, because it's so fast. That is awesome!
- I have not seen tier 1 mode (formerly hardcore) yet
- Locking Ghost, Soap, Price operators behind the vault edition paywall is cringy

Last edited:

kikkis

People are praising the maps, but to me they seem kind of big with many lines of sight. Basically just like mw2019 which many didn't like.

Karram

It seems like there is no split screen for multiplayer just private matches on XSX! That sucks it’s the main reason I bought the game

Justin9mm

Few questions..

Who here is playing the campaign on PS5 in 120hz? I need to know if the resolution has been reduced compared to 60hz? I would rather play at highest resolution, 60fps is more than fine for a single player campaign.

Has anyone also changed their FOV? Default is 80, I don't like it too wide but thinking 90 might be better, I always wonder why 80 is default.

Does anyone play with motion blur still on or always off and if off, do you just turn it off for world blur but leave on for weapon blur or off for both?

Last edited:
Top Bottom