• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered Seemingly Confirmed

Bullet Club

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered Seemingly Confirmed

Back to the battlefield.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered has been rated in South Korea, all but confirming a release for the unannounced game

Twitter user Nibel posted a link to the South Korean ratings board website, which says the rating had been awarded late last month.

To be clear, this would be a straight remaster of the single-player portion of 2009's Modern Warfare 2, not a follow-up to last year's new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Names are confusing these days.

This listing seems to point to the game being released as a standalone, rather than as a pack-in with a brand new Call of Duty game - unlike the first Modern Warfare remaster, which was initially included with the Legacy Edition of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.

We first heard about the possibility of a Modern Warfare 2 Remaster in 2018, when an Amazon listing seemed to reveal it. Follow-up reports explained that the game would be a single player-only experience, with multiplayer not getting the same treatment - something held up by this ratings listing.

We awarded the original Modern Warfare 2 - known as much for its infamous No Russian level as its influential FPS gameplay - a 9.5/10 review, saying it was "hands-down one of the best first-person shooters out there", but bemoaning its short campaign mode.

We called the first Modern Warfare remaster "an enlightening time capsule for a style of Call of Duty that no longer exists", awarding it an 8.5 review.

Source: IGN

Not a lot of info ATM but more will come soon.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Why would they even bother with this considering how amazing Modern Warfare reboot was...

Same. I'll keep playing this year's cod this time around. It's just too good to drop and I'm frankly tired of starting over every year.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
If it’s just the campaign I hope it’s not more than $20. I’ll probably bite at that price.

Fake

My question is they will use the same engine of previous remaster or this new one from reboot?

Bolivar687

Banned
They can't unleash the multiplayer, for fear of what it would do to the internet.

Imagine if they released MP remastered for quarantinees??? :messenger_hushed:

SpartanN92

Banned
I loved this campaign as much as the next guy but without mulitplayer this is kind of a joke. It drives me insane that we will never get a Halo 3 anniversary or a MW2 Multiplayer remaster. Probably the two best online multiplayer shooters ever made and they get ignored. Probably because devs know their new stuff doesn't compare to those masterpieces.

Grinchy

Banned
There are people who care about the old COD campaigns? All I remember is trying to play the harder difficulties and having 4 grenade icons surrounding me at all times.

Gerdav

IGN posted that article, according to the datamine it will be available standalone or from within MW, the price for purchase within MW is 10,000 COD points or $80, I know this is Activision but I just can’t see that price being real, it must be a holding price surely.

Based on the leak, players will be able to purchase the remaster as a standalone game and will receive the Underwater Demo Team Classic Ghost Bundle with their purchase. Alternatively, players could purchase the Ghost Pack: Oil Rig Bundle from within Modern Warfare to receive the MW2 campaign remaster, a legendary skin for Ghost, weapon blueprints for the M4A1 and 1911, and a few other commodities.

faisalasif

So they're skipping Multiplayer ? Ppl love MW2 for both Campaign and multiplayer . I'm disappoint for not having multiplayer .

Strider311

Weird to see hate for MW2019. Personally think it’s easily one of the best COD campaigns and definitely the best multiplayer. It would be stupid to fragment the MP community with MW2 remaster MP and there is no need for it right now, imo.

SleepDoctor

Banned
I enjoyed the campaign but won't play through it again. It was the same with mwr. I played the mp for a little while and once the nostalgia wore off i was done.

MW 2019 is a solid game and I haven't enjoyed a cod in ages. But not everyone is going to love it.

Droxcy

I'll buy it for a play through for nostalgia but they missed big time by not releasing MP due to splitting player base and bringing maps to current MP. MW2019 MP plays so slow and pathetic feeling they really catered to the other players this go around. Don't get me wrong gun play and mechanics are super fluid but tired of getting killed by people just sitting around compared to MW2.

As for MW3 Remastered I hope they release the multiplayer I had some of the best times and met some life long friends on that game. Remember playing it 2 weeks early and it was just devs and youtubers different times back then!

Last edited:

Old Retro

Have they completely run out of ideas?!? MW2 multiplayer was too hacked/glitched to enjoy anyways. Probably a good thing it's not being remade.

I would not buy just campaign mode though.

I don't disagree, but a shit ton of people have been asking for it. No one was asking to have the campaign remastered.
I know but I mean they're in for a rude awakening when 90% of all lobbies are noob tubing... I want to see the detail of the Campaign character models because they still hold up TBH.

Weird to see hate for MW2019. Personally think it’s easily one of the best COD campaigns and definitely the best multiplayer. It would be stupid to fragment the MP community with MW2 remaster MP and there is no need for it right now, imo.
Not even close, for either of those things. The Campaign isn't fun and MP is among the worst I've ever played because of its boring maps and broken footsteps.
Black OPS 3 too if I may ask.
What about it?

Top Bottom