• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty file size watch (Now 220GB w/ season 4 update on PS5, MP alone is 155GB)

Skifi28

Not to say that sizes like these are fine, but the solution of an external drive is so simple and cheap to the point it's not worth stressing over it.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
No pics it never happened! we want proof!
6gbysu.jpg

Everything installed cept campaign, raytracing data.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
It's a ps4 game so you can play it from an external HD on PS5. That's what I did until there were too many updates so I deleted the whole thing instead. F that.

Kupfer

I don't see supporting a game that gets a monopoly on the console by the amount of space it takes up, just because you think you'll definitely play it again someday, but don't feel like downloading it again.
I deleted it for Metro Exodus Upgrade and TLOU2 and don't even miss CoD.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
It appears the issues are not the PS5 in actual next-gen games that take advantage of proper compression techniques and the like.

Queue Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem and the storage % charts.

With such size you would expect crazy graphics for a very tiny-map oriented game. Nope, it's like a massive, flaccid dick.

Good thing that I don't buy Activision games.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It’s weird because COD Mp isn’t some huge game as far as big maps, load outs go and yet it’s hundreds of GBs. I point my finger at dlc, characters, camos etc. they accidentally fucked over peoples systems with junk.

Shmunter

It’s weird because COD Mp isn’t some huge game as far as big maps, load outs go and yet it’s hundreds of GBs. I point my finger at dlc, characters, camos etc. they accidentally fucked over peoples systems with junk.
Yeah, all the cosmetics are likely a big chunk of the space.

SkylineRKR

This is why I didn't buy it. I kind of liked the Beta. Would've bought if I was blown away but no, I feel this is a waste of space. Better luck next time.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Yes, you can pick and choose to install:
Campaign
MP
Zombies
Dead ops arcade
HD assets
Raytracing data (this needs to be uninstalled if you want 120hz).

Very strange, but at least you have the option. Hope more games do that. Thanks for the info.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
What the fuck? Didn't they state they would [drastically] reduce file size a couple of months ago?

Why is this game's install size so big anyway?
Sprays, charms, and the other garbage in each season pass

Riky

$MSFT
Everything installed on Series X it's 194.5gb. Warzone with everything installed is 265.5gb.

Ceadeus

I have a dedicated 128gb SD card just for Warzone and a 256gb SD for general use.

I put aside an entire SD card and USB slot for just one game, mental.
It's obvious that storage capacity is deliberately chosen small so consumer eventually have to pay. Who knew COD would, one day, be this freaking huge ahaha

Shifty1897

I do think PS5 Warzone will be under 100 GB if it is truly optimized, though I'm not sure they will put in the work since they are supporting so many versions of the game.

Mr Moose

Yes, you can pick and choose to install:
Campaign
MP
Zombies
Dead ops arcade
HD assets
Raytracing data (this needs to be uninstalled if you want 120hz).
Wait, what have I done wrong? I have MP installed without Zombies and shit and it's 129GB :messenger_crying:

Mr Moose

Might be a ps4 vs X|S thing then, sounds like the X|S version is just smaller in general then; I have everything installed cept campaign/raytracing and it's 125GB.
The wankers at Activision have removed the R3 option to select what's installed :messenger_weary:

Give or take black ops is the same size as well , tbh it's not that bad the campaign of black ops is like 60 70 gigs alone, so if ur done with it u can delete it , same goes with mw 2019 , delete campaign specops or modes that u don't use

e&e

Banned
How long does it take for the average person to download and install this game? And they say millennials and gen z have no patience…

Last edited:

Marvel

could never
Had to move warzone over to my external. There's a nextgen version on the way so likely it'll have to come over to the PS5's SSD but whatever. Pretty much the only mp game I play minus a couple fighters.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
n1X3Ycc.jpg

i just checked it's fucking 240 GB on my pc.

I already uninstalled this fucking game on my ps5..
i think my pc is next.

fuck this shit i am out,
all this added MTX wank is like 70% of the game

just let me opt out. and pass the MTX sheit

Shmunter

n1X3Ycc.jpg

i just checked it's fucking 240 GB on my pc.

I already uninstalled this fucking game on my ps5..
i think my pc is next.

fuck this shit i am out,
all this added MTX wank is like 70% of the game

just let me opt out. and pass the MTX sheit
The more skins and hats, the bigger it gets! Gotta catch em all!

Top Bottom