• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Cold War alpha |OT|

Old Retro

It has the clunkiness of Blops 2 and lacks the speed of OG Black Ops. I thought the MW alpha last year was shitty too, but the beta is what made me preorder it, and I still play it on a weekly basis. I'll probably end up getting Cold War just for nostalgia's sake, even though I don't remember seeing red dots on firearms in those days. Character skins are quite ugly too.

Fake

Why would they build a new engine? This is barely an improvement over BO4. MW19's engine must have been available to them?

How knows... I prefer they stick with the MW 2019 engine to foward games, BUUUUUUT I guess this have anything related to that fight between devs team who want to make a new CoD for Activision.

And if you think that looks awful in PRO let me say I playing on base PS4. Looks even worst.

Daffy Duck

Anyone else have serious audio issues with this game?

my volume is on the same volume as every other game I play and it’s fine, yet on this? It’s silent! Normally play on volume 10 but I have to put this on 30+ just to hear anything! It’s not the game settings Either as they are at max volume.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I like it a lot, the slowed down gameplay and map design or more my style than MW, it definitely feels less frantic.

But I also totally get why plenty of people are going to prefer MW.

Also the combined arms mode weirdly kinda feels almost like a small scale, modern setting, "battlefield lite" that we never got this gen.

It's scratching an itch that Ground War failed to scratch because it was just too much over the top chaos.

I tried to hate it...but I can't. It's great to have the old COD back.

Looking forward to playing it with an Xbox pad.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Playing on PS4 Pro on a 4k TV, Game looks upscaled and blocky
It requires little skill tbh
55bc0b5c2c350eace85f2eecbb934cb9.gif

Once you learn how to do it the skill goes out the window

Last edited:

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
It is kinda weird you can mow down tanks with rifles lol.

If you're gonna put in tanks then at least make them act like tanks.

PerfectDark

Banned
I enjoyed the beta. I am a PC fps player. I am good with controller but better on PC. I pub stomped on beta and have not had this amount in fun in CoD in awhile.

No SBMM was nice. I know it will be in the regular game so I won't be buying it.

I am against SBMM. I like a mix of good, bad, medium players in my game. CoD is not a pro ranked game. I run around never camp and view cod as a fast pace fps. When you get into the top 0% of SBMM matches which I do. Nobody moves because you can't. Most players are to good and everyone camps lanes and corners.

Not a big deal if I buy CoD or not as its not a game I count on playing anymore. But I did enjoy CoD without SBMM in Alpha. Was fun.

I enjoyed the beta. I am a PC fps player. I am good with controller but better on PC. I pub stomped on beta and have not had this amount in fun in CoD in awhile.

No SBMM was nice. I know it will be in the regular game so I won't be buying it.

I am against SBMM. I like a mix of good, bad, medium players in my game. CoD is not a pro ranked game. I run around never camp and view cod as a fast pace fps. When you get into the top 0% of SBMM matches which I do. Nobody moves because you can't. Most players are to good and everyone camps lanes and corners.

Not a big deal if I buy CoD or not as its not a game I count on playing anymore. But I did enjoy CoD without SBMM in Alpha. Was fun.
Git gud

After reading some of these comments im finally starting to understand why some people hate on call of duty: They suck at it.

Last edited:

Fake

Anyone else have serious audio issues with this game?

my volume is on the same volume as every other game I play and it’s fine, yet on this? It’s silent! Normally play on volume 10 but I have to put this on 30+ just to hear anything! It’s not the game settings Either as they are at max volume.
For me is very very low. Dunno why. TV speakers here.

MDSLKTR

Ya I think I'll stick to MW2019 in BC mode, third massive fuck up in a row for Treyarch. Can't believe they have fans.

Top Bottom