• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War's Campaign Will Let You Play as a Gender Neutral Character

killatopak

Gold Member
I mean it's fine and all but it kinda takes me out of it when I learned it takes place in the 80s. I mean I can understand if it's set today but 80's is the peak of masculine pandering.

4EZCOOLDART

This seems like something they did for the press, but also something that might be good for a small group of people while not affecting anyone else at all. So... good?

Question - are there any gender neutral people reading this article? Legit, does this make you happy? I'd really like to know the reception from people it targets.

I think no one would care if companies would just shut up about it (this includes thing like articles where they announce "groundbreaking" new gay/etc characters in Disney movies). I'm all for it, but you don't deserve applause. It's all political anyway. Stop pretending to be genuine.

Last edited:

Neolombax

Why is this even an issue. Who the fuck cares if I play as a man or woman, its a story that the devs want to tell. You want to play the game differently as a different gender, thats cool, do that in your head, if it was THAT important in a game where you spend most of your time looking down a gun barrel...

IHVVSx0.jpg
God damn that's amazing

Reactions: Fbh
Sure but let's not be hypocrite there: we know wether a character is supposed to be a female or male (or a trans in rare cases) because dimorphism, physiology, traits, clothes, voice etc...

For the rest yes, it's completely degenerate in fact it's what we call historical revisionism, the tool of racists and antisemite to erase history, that's exactly what they're doing there.
Depends on the context the developer supplies. Otherwise, where there is ambiguity, the player is free to subjectively interpret whatever they want in whatever manner, which is all I'm getting at. The more a developer provides definition, the less space there is for that free interpretation.

Top Bottom